Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My computer hates me help please

Otaku Sparkydizzy may be famous one day Sparkydizzy may be famous one day Sparkydizzy's Avatar
    Thanks

My computer hates me help please

okay first of all hello there, okay I got that out of the way first of my computer doesn't give me a favorites tab on my computer and whenever I went to add a favorite it will not let me stupid thing I need help with that. Next I need help with downloads and everything like that for the most part it doesn't let me do it or anything like that. So help please thanks alot
    Hey if you don't understand what i am saying it just because I'm black.

OUR MOTTO
    to destroy all mankind for the benifits of pandas and Squirells alike.

I will make your brain hurt with not using commas and periods and putting Caps where there shouldn't be hahaha. The sparky strikes again haha

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: My computer hates me help please

What kind of system do you have? (Specifications please)

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Otaku know1 may be famous one day know1 may be famous one day know1's Avatar
    Thanks

Step 1 - Find over sized mallet, preferably made of wood, but synthetic materials will do.
    Step 2 - Locate problematic application on said computer.
    Step 3 - Smash mallet into keyboard until application submits to your bidding. If that doesn't work, use mallet on self.
    Step 4 - Repeat step 3 until computer is obliterated or you forget the issue from massive head trauma.

5.00 M33-6 solking may be famous one day solking may be famous one day solking's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by know1
    Step 1 - Find over sized mallet, preferably made of wood, but synthetic materials will do.
    Step 2 - Locate problematic application on said computer.
    Step 3 - Smash mallet into keyboard until application submits to your bidding. If that doesn't work, use mallet on self.
    Step 4 - Repeat step 3 until computer is obliterated or you forget the issue from massive head trauma.
    That was stupid. But anyway, have you tried to call customer service. They never have the right answers but atleast they can give you an idea of what to do.

Thanks

I think it was on par with the initial question....Neither of which should be taken seriously.

For a real answer, get Firefox. Favorite tabs and a download manager are preinstalled features that needn't be configured to work properly. You can port your old IE favorites by following the simple (and automatic) prompt upon installation, or you can opt to build from scratch by dragging the URL to your fav bar (one of the initial icons upon application start).

...but again, I'm having a hard time taking this string seriously.

Otaku GSXR600K1 may be famous one day GSXR600K1 may be famous one day GSXR600K1's Avatar
    Thanks

But firefox will not work with everything. I use it alot for the tab browsing.

Thanks

True. Some sites, take the Microsoft site for example, will not let you do some higher functions unless you are using IE. Other sites just don't look the same with Firefox. As a work around, Firefox has a right-click Extension for "preview in IE". It can be used for links or for the current page. This is useful for web design too.

Oh yeah, you need to download the extension from the firefox extension page. Admittedly, I am a fanboy of Firefox, but I realize the importance of not deleting IE from my drive.

Otaku sukotsu9 may be famous one day sukotsu9 may be famous one day sukotsu9's Avatar
    Thanks

Can IE be uninstalled from Windows? I've read a lot of tweaking articles that make me nervous: some say <this many> files can be removed safely, others say Windoze can't function without them.

The original questions sounds sorta like a trojan/spyware problem. There was that mega-virus DeFuC... that disabled wallpaper in the display tab. I don't know of one that disables Favorites, but it's possible.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast