Thread: My Web Design Portfolio

Newbie matthewchan may be famous one day matthewchan may be famous one day matthewchan's Avatar
    Thanks

My Web Design Portfolio

I finished my portoflio site. I can sure use some feedback on it.
    Any comments, tips, etc would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

Here's the URL: www.matthewchan.cjb.net

あなた& Ectoruss may be famous one day Ectoruss may be famous one day Ectoruss's Avatar
    Qu├ębec, Canada, North America, Earth, Solar system, ... ! >_<
    Thanks
    All I can say is that you did a great job...

Coming soon.........

Newbie Iria may be famous one day Iria may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Your design is really good, but if you really want to use it as a portfolio site you need to use a paid server. If I was a buyer interested in your product there was two things that could eliminate you as a serious candidate, the first one Pop-ups (yeah free servers have tons of those) and the second one a spyware that tried to get installed while entering your site.

As a proffessional web developer, you should know that those kind of things are not welcomed by consumers, so you need to avoid them at least when you are trying to impress people with your work and skills.

Legendary Otaku Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra's Avatar
    Thanks
    Really nice site design I would go with Iria's idea of getting a paid host for a portfolio site

AO Angel ^^ angelan may be famous one day angelan may be famous one day angelan's Avatar
    Thanks
    hey! nice site, clean and crisp.

But as a portfolio site, you should offer a low end, text/plain html version. Not everyone is willing to download your whole flash app to view your site. You should offer your potential clients to either view an html/flash verison. You're on a great idea just think of ways to enhance and offer your clients more options ^^

And I agree with the hosting thing. You can usually get a bundle of domains when you sign up for a webhost (mine came with 5), so it would be a good investment. Plus it'll look professional. Keep it up!
    -=|AnimeReflections|Live-Evil|My Trades|=-

Put your unused CPU to use for a good cause: |Folding@Home||Human Proteome Folding|

Newbie matthewchan may be famous one day matthewchan may be famous one day matthewchan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks for the comments everyone.

About the webhosting... the reason why I'm not paying for anything right now is because I'm not sure which web host offers the best deals.

I live in Canada so a .ca or .com domain would be nice. Perhaps you guys can direct me to a few websites that offer webhosting and domain names, etc.

Thanks

Newbie Winter may be famous one day Winter may be famous one day Winter's Avatar
    Thanks

Its very advanced! Great job! A little simple at some points, but great!

Dan
    Newbie Dan may be famous one day Dan may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Looks good! I have to agree with the popups, gotta hate them! most people have popup blockers now, but not everyone. as far as hosting goes, thats what I do, so when your ready let me know, I could offer you premium hosting for about $20 a year. If you need more info just pm me

Dan