Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Mythology and God

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Mythology and God

Fair enough, I'm going to have to agree with chief in that if indeed Christianity, Hindu etc. religions did die, yes, most of the stories that come with them would be considered myths. Science hasn't proven any wrong...yet...

Newbie ghabarkhaz may be famous one day ghabarkhaz may be famous one day ghabarkhaz's Avatar
    Thanks

i'll no argue some1 who blieve in myth.. but im not really sure about myth..

Otaku Chubz may be famous one day Chubz may be famous one day Chubz's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, from the top of my head, the first one is Gilgamesh, which comes from Sumeria....some people argue whether the two are one in the same though, so it's really down to personal beliefs.

However, there's several more (I took a Mythology Course in University last term), so I'll try and find the notes for you, as we talked about this subject in class.

Otaku Hold.Me.X.Thrill.Me may be famous one day Hold.Me.X.Thrill.Me may be famous one day Hold.Me.X.Thrill.Me's Avatar
    Thanks

Well God does have a whole book to him/her self, the Bible dosn't mention any of the other Gods so why does that book have to mention God?

TY Sasurai for the lovely sig!*

Newbie Malloc-X may be famous one day Malloc-X may be famous one day Malloc-X's Avatar
    Thanks

all those other gods were somehow proven to be not real, and the true god is not refered to as a myth so maybe thats why he wasn't in it

Otaku Hold.Me.X.Thrill.Me may be famous one day Hold.Me.X.Thrill.Me may be famous one day Hold.Me.X.Thrill.Me's Avatar
    Thanks

But has God been proven to be real? I don't think anyone knows if it is really true..science always try to prove God dosn't exist though.

TY Sasurai for the lovely sig!*

Death is the beginning Lighting Count may be famous one day Lighting Count may be famous one day Lighting Count's Avatar
    Thanks

just when i tought this site was done with good threads.Myths are called myths for a reason because there the unprovable.And now a days humanity has wisened up a little and and stoped belive in soo meny gods it seems rediculous.I'm not saying its not true, its just that humanity has so easliy checked it of as being fasle and called it a myth and boy am i glad i would hate to be forced to bow to a gold idol.But i still know this earth is not all religously free but my hopes are that one day it will be.

God doesn't need to be in a books of myths cuz he has a much better book full of what meny belive to be TRUTH.Thats what stops the bible from being a myth.The day the strong morals in the bible are marked of as myth is the day this world is doomed.But this topic has always been to each his own.

Code Name Wind

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hold.Me.X.Thrill.Me
    Well God does have a whole book to him/her self, the Bible dosn't mention any of the other Gods so why does that book have to mention God?
    The Bible actually mentions about 30 named gods and has references to hundreds of various other ones.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast