Thread: Nadesico: ending

Legendary Otaku Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra's Avatar
    Thanks

Nadesico: ending

I bought this anime last week and got it monday or so. This anime was OK just had an issue with the ending. they don't end the war or anything just keep people from jumping from place to place. This made no sence.seeing as this just confused me to no end XD. I a m use to them animes with a happy ending LOL

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Nadesico: ending

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Katsuhito
    I a m use to them animes with a happy ending LOL
    Same here...them happy endings. I haven't seen this anime, but ending seems quite unique...I guess.

If you don't mind, Lord Katsuhito-garu, can you tell me the gist of the story? I appreciate it.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Katsuhito
    I bought this anime last week and got it monday or so. This anime was OK just had an issue with the ending. they don't end the war or anything just keep people from jumping from place to place. This made no sence.seeing as this just confused me to no end XD. I a m use to them animes with a happy ending LOL
    Then what ever you do, don't watch the Nadesico Moive, 'The Black Prince of Darkness' that was written as a sequel to the two novels that were written after the end of the TV series... (As a result, a lot of plot assumptions are made that are beyond the grasp of a US viewer)

This year, the director of the series wrote in his online blog that Studio XEBEC was at one time seriously considered doing a Nadesico 2 series, but that the series was now impossible to do (with no explanation on what that statement means... My guess is a lack of resources. Recently XEBEC moved the entire production crew for the just finished 'Fafner' series over to assist in the re-animation of 'Negima' for its DVD release in Japan...)
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Nadesico is one of those animes I never got to ever finish because the dang library only holds a few random tapes of the series (cheapo I am), and my farthest I went was when they all quit and work different jobs...can anyone tell me how far that was??

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Untouchable Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata
    Then what ever you do, don't watch the Nadesico Moive, 'The Black Prince of Darkness' that was written as a sequel to the two novels that were written after the end of the TV series... (As a result, a lot of plot assumptions are made that are beyond the grasp of a US viewer)
    While the Nadesico movie does make a lot of asumptions, using a bit of logic you can come to a few conclusions on your own about the missing links of plot that occur through the actual end of Nadesico.

Other option is to get the manga and just read what really happens.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven Omega
    ... Other option is to get the manga and just read what really happens.
    The manga series of Nadesico is no help at all (I know, I have the 1st volume) The anime was not based on the manga. Instead the anime and manga were first released at about the same time, with the manga story quickly diverging from the anime storyline...

Quote Originally Posted by pyoro-pyoro
    Nadesico is one of those animes I never got to ever finish because the dang library only holds a few random tapes of the series (cheapo I am), and my farthest I went was when they all quit and work different jobs...can anyone tell me how far that was??
    Your about 3/4 of the way through the series.... the crew reunite, hijack the Nadesico, rebel agains the VP of the company, and ...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

...BOOOOOM!!!

*manic laughter*

(At least that's how I felt watching it.)
    <-needs to borrow friends copy again.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Newbie bugsy may be famous one day bugsy may be famous one day bugsy's Avatar
    Thanks

But the movie hasn't got a happy ending, encouraging may be. I saw the movie before see the series & didn`t understood anything still now I don't like the final, I don't understand why Yukito was gone & left Yurika.
    Last edited by bugsy; Dec 12, 2005 at 08:14 PM.