Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Name redundancy

Otaku serge2005 may be famous one day serge2005 may be famous one day serge2005's Avatar
    Thanks

Name redundancy

How many people use the same name at almost everysite and why do you do it
    I am the fire that light your wood. I'm the thunder that lights you night. I'm the wind that keeps you cool. are you wondering who I am? I'm the great wizard serge

http://bahamutpheonix.7.forumer.com/index.php
    please join this site if you like any type of games

Otaku Mazer may be famous one day Mazer may be famous one day Mazer's Avatar
    right outside of reality, just inside insanity
    Thanks
    i do, like all of my screen names are Mazer

i guess for me at least thats how everybody knows me (nickname) so when im on a site or a chat and one of my friends gets on they automatically know thats its me when they see my name. plus its badass name

Otaku Gin Nightingale may be famous one day Gin Nightingale may be famous one day Gin Nightingale's Avatar
    Thanks
    I do, too. If you see another Gin Nightingale or Silver Nightingale prowling around somewhere, chances are it's me. I do it so that people won't be confused as to who I am. Besides, it does get rather tiring to think of a new name every other website.

Otaku Mazer may be famous one day Mazer may be famous one day Mazer's Avatar
    right outside of reality, just inside insanity
    Thanks
    true, true, i used to have different sn's for everything and i kept forgetting what they were so i stuck to my name right now, Mazer, and most people know its me i just hate when someone already took it. so i use same sn for everything know, except for my aim.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    I do, but I know I'm not the only Arrianna out there so don't jump to any conclusions.

As for why,.... it's a long story.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Lost in the ethernet dragonrider2004 may be famous one day dragonrider2004 may be famous one day dragonrider2004's Avatar
    Thanks
    i like long stories! *sits down to listen*
    --------------------
    i do. i'm usually DragonRider but when i signed up for paleo-AO that name was taken, so i became DragonRider2004. i kept the name when the site got nuked and we had to rebuild because everyone would know who i was that way.

as to why i use the name. it's simple. my favorite books are "the dragonriders of pern" series by anne mccaffery so thats who i am

Student: "Umm sensei, the question on the board is wrong."
    Teacher "SHAAAADD UP!"

11:11 Delerium may be famous one day Delerium may be famous one day Delerium's Avatar
    Thanks
    I just like it, its like having a nickname. Its my computer alias name, going by different names gets a little complicated after a while and plus people will recognize you easier with the same name on different sites. I still have a few sites were I use the name GTO, but I used this name because its part of my AIM name that I've been using for the past couple of years.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonrider2004
    i like long stories! *sits down to listen*
    Alright. lol

It started when I created a world for my Roleplaying group. I have GM'ed a game on the average once a week ever since the summer I turned 21. Well this place was a really great fantasy world (that my sister keeps trying to get me to write stories about) and we used it for the next 10 years. We ran all over the world in multiple campains for a period of 150 years of game time. Many of the PC's became to powerful and ended up NPC's. One of them was a character called Hugh Barronmore that was used by a friend I ended up marrying. In the game world Barronmore ended up married to Arrianna of Stone Hold. They had children and grandchildren, well a large extended family actually and they all showed up in games occasionally.

So then my husband becomes in involved with MageKnight as a Warlord running games at the local gameshop. He also became involved on-line on the MK Realms site and a member of the Draconum Clan. The on-line name he used? Barronmore.

The rest should be obvious. When I decided to come on-line I did it first at MK Realms. They had been hearing about me for years so I used "Arrianna" and signed my name "Lady Barronmore" just so they would know who I was. After that I saw no reason to change it.

Long enough for you?

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast