Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Naruto and the dub, your opinions?

Banned Blou may be famous one day Blou may be famous one day Blou's Avatar
    Thanks

Question Naruto and the dub, your opinions?

I hear a lot of ppl talkn 'bout "naruto"............................could anybody tell me what this anime is about...and if its worth getting into....?? Also what do you think of the upcoming dub?
    Thnx

Newbie fuujin may be famous one day fuujin may be famous one day fuujin's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Naruto!?!

I am not going to tell you what it is, but to rather use the search function and look at all the other threads about naruto first.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

If you have Cable access, you can wait until Sept. 10, when Naruto premiers on late night Toonami on the Cartoon Network...

Official Cartoon Network Naruto website...
    http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/tv_sho...uto/index.html
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Newbie fuujin may be famous one day fuujin may be famous one day fuujin's Avatar
    Thanks

Yay, can't wait for CN to mess up another series.... can Naruto's voice get any more annoying than it is???

Newbie kittie18 may be famous one day kittie18 may be famous one day kittie18's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fuujin
    Yay, can't wait for CN to mess up another series....
    yeah i hate it when they take a good series and translate it into english, and how they change the voices. Blah!
    All the while we were thinking you were a brilliant strategist. Really, your just a lucky fool.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

I'm going to take a wait and see approach with the Toonami showing of Naruto. Rumors has it that Naruto is one of the mose EXPENSIVE anime licenses in recent history, which makes it unlikely that Shopro/VIZ Media is going to risk that investment with a poor English Dub. Also, Naruto is a Prime Time Family hour program, which means there isn't that much that needs to be edited to meet US broadcast standards (excessive blood, tobacco smoke, etc)

The recent anime Dubs that VIZ Media have been involved with, (Inuyasha, Ceres Celestial Legend) have not earned complaints over butchered english dubs, which does give hope that Naruto will be given decent treatement...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Thanks

we will see, but for like Scryed and Gundam Seed, those drove me off the walls with the english dub and i couldn't watch it. Hopefully there won't be any editing on Naruto, though I doubt there woudl really be a need to. You have to admit, got to be worried about Naruto's voice?!?

Well,i should stop hijacking this thread....

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

I'm going to take a wait and see approach with the Toonami showing of Naruto. Rumors has it that Naruto is one of the mose EXPENSIVE anime licenses in recent history, which makes it unlikely that Shopro/VIZ Media is going to risk that investment with a poor English Dub. Also, Naruto is a Prime Time Family hour program, which means there isn't that much that needs to be edited to meet US broadcast standards (excessive blood, tobacco smoke, etc)

The recent anime Dubs that VIZ Media have been involved with, (Inuyasha, Ceres Celestial Legend) have not earned complaints over butchered english dubs, which does give hope that Naruto will be given decent treatement...
    That actually does sound hopeful, I just hope they won't think "those little kids don't know anything about the original lines anyway".

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast