Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Naruto LICENSED!!!!

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Naruto LICENSED!!!!

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Two major Anime News websites are reporting that TV, Home Video, and Merchandising rights for the anime Series NARUTO have been licensed by SHO PRO Entertainment/VIZ LLC...

http://www.animeondvd.com/news/pr.php?pr_view=509
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/pressrelease.php?id=851

It had to happen sooner or later. Now, any guesses on how long the fansubs remain available?!?!...

Edit: This has now been confirmed by NarutoFan.com...
    http://www.narutofan.com/index.php/c...ime%20licensed
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Devoted Otaku youth_anime_fan may be famous one day youth_anime_fan may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Bout time!! I like to see the anime's for the first time on dvd. thats why i don't usually watch animes on fansub. (i do watch the ones that i would eventually buy once licenced though)

But the main thing: do you know when it will be released?

As Seen on Internet KenX may be famous one day KenX may be famous one day
    Thanks
    F*CK <---Don't temp ban for THAT.

God darnit. I've gotten used to Fansubs. I don't want to buy it...man.
    Last edited by KenX; Feb 16, 2005 at 09:13 AM.

Newbie Dirtybeast may be famous one day Dirtybeast may be famous one day Dirtybeast's Avatar
    Thanks
    I myself have never been a fan of the show but might give it another chance now.......as for fansubbers. Groups will still be Fansubbing it will only make it harder to find but it will still be out there

Newbie Lei Kiyone may be famous one day Lei Kiyone may be famous one day Lei Kiyone's Avatar
    Thanks
    Various groups should still be subbing it....if you wanna know, just PM me or IM me or something. Anyway, I don't particularly care much. There are other means of getting the series, and I'm rather relieved that Viz got ahold of it, as well. They do a fine job for the mopst part, and shouldn't butcher it like the possible candidate, 4kids, would have. I read the manga most anyway, so it doesn't matter too much to me. Heard this news a few hours ago, discussing it majorly on my naruto forum, but all in all, it's not that bad, in my opinion.

And, you probably won't have to buy it. I'll just flat-out say it. Naruto is the next DBZ. It will probably air on cartoon network, and become immensely popular by kiddies. I don't want it to be, but it's the truth.

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Kiyone
    Various groups should still be subbing it....if you wanna know, just PM me or IM me or something
    NO, this is called illegal now
    It's cool to get to watch something without buying it... but if u truly love the series you'll buy it. Otherwise what the point of being a fan.
    Just buy it when it comes out ^^

I'm glad that naruto has finally became licensed. I've been buying the manga and gonna start with the anime =)
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

Otaku nova may be famous one day nova may be famous one day nova's Avatar
    Thanks
    Now that's it's legal in the US...heheh....who do you think is gonna show it on TV?

It's super long and it gets a little too bloody at times. not really a WBkids! show...I'm guessing cartoon network might get a good deal on this...If not, maybe g4techtvetcetc, they don't have any good shows anyhow.

Devoted Otaku youth_anime_fan may be famous one day youth_anime_fan may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Oh! I haven't thought about the tv airing it!! it would be totally awsome if they did^.^=/

But it would suck if they showed it on adult swim. why?

1.) not everyone has cable/satalite. like me.
    2.) its so friggin late! I guess I could tape it, but again, i dont have satalite.
    Pro:it would probably be less butchered if showed on cable though. If it was succom to WB, they would cut and kill it. Just like Cardcaptors.. what a frankenstien..

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast