Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7

Thread: Naruto LICENSED!!!!

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 04blue
    hey, europe's not that bad: west europe shares the same region code as japan, so (at least, i think) you can import DVDs from Japan, as long as you don't mind subs. Some of these are cheaper than they ever will be here at £20 for 4 eps: Naruto's 76 eps (9 DVDs) box set is $87.19 ie £46.03... Not bad value considering I don't really wanna watch dubbed Naruto :P
    There's the problem that you can't get up to date so easy though...
    Import DVDs from Japan are usually Japanese only...which is pretty logical of course.

AO Member 04blue may be famous one day 04blue may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hassun
    Import DVDs from Japan are usually Japanese only...which is pretty logical of course.
    Japanese audio is the usual thing yeah, but I'm sure I read somewhere that more Anime DVDs are being put out with english subtitles. Maybe somethin 2 do with the rise in popularity in the US.
    Unless you meant the regions, what I read on Wikipedia didn't seem so clear when it came to region 2.
    What I said before was rubbish anyway since the DVD box I was talking about on Japanimation.com (jstore) was Region 0 not 2. It does have english an chinese subtitles tho.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

What I said before was rubbish anyway since the DVD box I was talking about on Japanimation.com (jstore) was Region 0 not 2. It does have english an chinese subtitles tho.
    If the DVD is encoded in DVD Region 0 (read no encryption...) then chances are good that you're being ripped off with a Pirate Bootleg... (Chinese Sub-titles are another big clue...) When a DVD is published in Region 0 encoding, the manufacture is claiming a 'de facto' world wide distribution license. And NARUTO is such a highly rated and valuable anime series, no studio exec worth his salt is going to grant a world wide distribution license...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks
    anyway since the DVD box I was talking about on Japanimation.com (jstore) was Region 0 not 2. It does have english an chinese subtitles tho.
    Yeah, only very few of the region 0 DVDs are legal. I've found some but not alot
    (e.g. Audition was released with a region 0 code).
    Last edited by Hassun; Feb 20, 2005 at 03:22 PM.

AO Member 04blue may be famous one day 04blue may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Sorry I'm sidetracking, but illegal... ouch. thanx for the heads up. An I was about to buy that too.

Otaku nb194 may be famous one day nb194 may be famous one day nb194's Avatar
    Durban, South Africa, Earth, Milky Way, Galaxy
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybergig1
    watch it before I change your name to Arrogant Prick. Just because one out of the 5 major anime distributors in the US does those hack jobs (yes they did it to my Initial D) dont start going around throwing "Americans" like we're the ones doing it. Generalizations like that dont win you the kind of brownie points you want with me. Especially considering your from Florida. Sheesh

first of I have a house in florida and go there for the summer holidays and yes im half american but still u must admit almost every anime ever aired on Cartoon Network has been screwed up totaly and the american editors r to blame i didnt mean all americans i meant the bloody editors

"People are crazy and times are strange, I'm locked in tight, I'm out of range,
    I used to care, but things have changed..."

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7