View Poll Results: what are your expectations?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • HIGH (it's gonna be awesome!!)

27 40.91%
  • ...EH...

15 22.73%
  • LOW (they're gonna f//k it up for sure!!)

24 36.36%
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Naruto on Toonami

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Naruto on Toonami

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by frr_vegeta
    Yeah 4kids has taken out entire episodes. I don't care how bad they are you've no right to take that much out of a series. An early episode of Pokemon entitled "The Legend of Dratini" (or something like that) was taken out merely because a man in it fired a gun. Have you watched Looney Tunes recently? There's plenty of gunshots in that, yet it isn't touched.
    In the case of the editing of Pokemon by 4Kids Entertainment, this anger is misplaced. The edits were not done at the request by Kids WB or Cartoon Network. The edits were instead ordered by Nintendo USA, the official copyright holder of Pokemon. Nintendo made the marketing decision to present a 'wholesome image' for Pokemon, so the comparisons to 'Looney Toons' (created during the 1940s, 50s, and 60s, which predate the modern anti-violence standards for children TV shows) is not applicable...

(And they still haven't shown the infamous 'seizure' episode, which was suppose to be one of the better episodes in the original season of Pokemon!!!)
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Devoted Otaku Quick Words Champion, Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion, Mah Jongg Garden Champion, Haunted House Champion Cheza may be famous one day Cheza may be famous one day Cheza's Avatar
    Thanks

Exclamation Re: Naruto on Toonami

well I thought it was going to suck and it was actually cool...
    If they really had a desire to live, they would've been more aware of how easy it is to die.

Newbie Mijuko may be famous one day Mijuko may be famous one day Mijuko's Avatar
    Thanks

What I really don't understand is why the "modern anti-violence standards" are suddenly becoming a big deal - with the advent of the internet, little kids (my brothers, for example) can find all the violence they want, regardless of web filters. It's as though people are becoming more and more paranoid (and trying to cuddle their children into a fluffy sphere of "this-is-not-your-world-so-when-you-get-into-real-life-you'll-die-of-shock"). Not useful.

Meh - I can't wait for the chuunin trials. If the VA's can impress me in that, any early weakness they may have had is totally forgiven.

Just Trying To Live Life War on Terror Champion name one may be famous one day name one may be famous one day name one's Avatar
    Thanks

really i think it ok and they really got to chance charaters talk

Otaku zero_enna may be famous one day zero_enna may be famous one day zero_enna's Avatar
    Thanks

wow ppl cmon i thought u guys were better than this
    tch
    sigh
    lol
    well
    ppl THIS IS A GIVEN!!!(any dub anime sucks compared to the sub OK!)
    if u guys havent noticed it yet...
    AMERICA MAKES THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE FOR KIDS BY TAKING THE BLOOD OUT NARUTO!!!
    lol
    and if they didnt, it would go directly to [adult swim]
    it think DBZ was edited too, but the subs were WAY BETTER
    but i didnt c any of u comlaining!!!
    well i bet ALOT of ppl r going to argue about what i just said but cmons guys
    SUBS R BETTER than crappy DUB in English
    maybe u should try spanish they leave all the opening/ending songs
    leave the blood and they show it in kids shows lol!

^^BEST SIG EVER!!^^

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

In the case of the editing of Pokemon by 4Kids Entertainment, this anger is misplaced. The edits were not done at the request by Kids WB or Cartoon Network. The edits were instead ordered by Nintendo USA, the official copyright holder of Pokemon. Nintendo made the marketing decision to present a 'wholesome image' for Pokemon, so the comparisons to 'Looney Toons' (created during the 1940s, 50s, and 60s, which predate the modern anti-violence standards for children TV shows) is not applicable...

(And they still haven't shown the infamous 'seizure' episode, which was suppose to be one of the better episodes in the original season of Pokemon!!!)
    So they can't edit something like the Looney Toons because it's too old?

Newbie Mijuko may be famous one day Mijuko may be famous one day Mijuko's Avatar
    Thanks

No, because it's already visibly in the U.S.'s subculture, so parents don't complain about it as much. It's like trying to convert from the english to metric measuring system: people openly think the second is better, but can't get rid of the first.

Newbie hapa may be famous one day hapa may be famous one day hapa's Avatar
    Thanks

I hear that the subs are better but I still say Naruto instantly for free is better than anything. No matter how many changes are made in how it's told, it's still an awesome story and that shines through.

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast