View Poll Results: what are your expectations?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • HIGH (it's gonna be awesome!!)

27 40.91%
  • ...EH...

15 22.73%
  • LOW (they're gonna f//k it up for sure!!)

24 36.36%
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Naruto on Toonami

Newbie Scribbles may be famous one day Scribbles may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: Naruto on Toonami

charater voices suck bad, dont like how they pronounce the names but the images are great. thats all i can think of at the moment.

Dai
    Otaku Dai may be famous one day Dai may be famous one day Dai's Avatar
    Thanks

By putting naruto so early and on toonami they take away ALL the good scenes.
    Can't say i didn't see it coming..

Newbie Mijuko may be famous one day Mijuko may be famous one day Mijuko's Avatar
    Thanks

I can count the number of scenes they've taken away on one and a half fingers. What are you talking about? They edited out some blood, and a kissing scene, and the intro/exit music (and I've heard that might not even be CN's fault). Are those "all the good scenes"? So I take it you didn't like, for example, any of the scenes with story content, fighting, characters other than naruto and sasuke, etc?

Newbie kiksq may be famous one day kiksq may be famous one day
    Thanks

Well i expected it to be horrible but it was way worse than i expected. i'm thinking either they stoped caring about quality anime anymore or they just think anime is for kids like cartoons, which is completely wrong.

believe it
    ! r@p3 y0u !n 3y3

Newbie Mijuko may be famous one day Mijuko may be famous one day Mijuko's Avatar
    Thanks

it was way worse than i expected.
    In what way? what parts of the anime did you find redundant/bad/irritating/badly voiced/etc? I don't quite understand "what you expected" if you consider this to be "way worse". I found the english and japanese dubs to be equally bad compared to the manga, honestly, because the voices were different than those I had expected - nonetheless, there was very little editing, they kept the music, kept most of the scenes/animation, translated the jutsu names acceptably -- the only thing I can really fault them on is pronunciation.

Did you expect it to be absolutely flawless, despite the considerable language barrier of japanese->english, where the two languages have no common root? Translating from french to english is difficult enough, believe me; I'm taking japanese, and even I can see how it would be incredibly difficult, and create various different opinions - there aren't necessarily exact translations for anything!

Newbie hapa may be famous one day hapa may be famous one day hapa's Avatar
    Thanks

Mijuko just said exactly what I would have said. I just started getting into Naruto when they started it on Toonami. I've seen some of the subs, and I don't think there's really all that much difference. To me it's important to be able to see it for free while at the same time supporting the people who made it, so I'll keep following it on CN.

Otaku emmy_chan may be famous one day emmy_chan may be famous one day emmy_chan's Avatar
    Thanks

naruto on toonami...is a little bit more kiddish than the original versions, and the voices are ok. but alot of kids like it, my bro whos 5 knows the catch phrases and watches it with. so this might actually be a little like dbz
    Don't let me be.

Devoted Otaku Quick Words Champion, Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion, Mah Jongg Garden Champion, Haunted House Champion Cheza may be famous one day Cheza may be famous one day Cheza's Avatar
    Thanks

Is Naruto on during the week? I mean I saw it one the weekend...just wanted to know so I can check it out laterz...
    If they really had a desire to live, they would've been more aware of how easy it is to die.

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast