View Poll Results: what are your expectations?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • HIGH (it's gonna be awesome!!)

27 40.91%
  • ...EH...

15 22.73%
  • LOW (they're gonna f//k it up for sure!!)

24 36.36%
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 12 13 14 15

Thread: Naruto on Toonami

Otaku Chihiro Miyazaki may be famous one day Chihiro Miyazaki may be famous one day Chihiro Miyazaki's Avatar
    Thanks

Unhappy Re: Naruto on Toonami

IT SUCKS IT SUCKS IT SUCKS IT SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHY???

The Japanese anime was SO MUCH BETTER!!!!

How come they cut the blood stuff out? Its not like its all really THAT bad...?
    I mean, if young Japanese kids can stand it, how come the young American kids can't see the same stuff? I mean, cutting some of the language out is understandable but still...

By the way, what the hell is up with Sakura's voice? (English dub) it sounds so stupid! BAKA!!!!!

I really was looking forward to seeing the anime in English, but Cartoon Network f/ked up the voices so much that its painful to watch after you've seen the Japanese version! They seriously could have done so much better with it in my opinion. :P

"You can get hurt by loving someone, or you can stay alone by not ever loving someone. Which do you choose? Love always has its risks, but you should never fear them, for they are love's true test."

Newbie Fayrin may be famous one day Fayrin may be famous one day Fayrin's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Naruto on Toonami

Personally...I hate the english version, mainly because of Naruto and sakura's voices. Sasuke's is cool...ish, Kakashi's is okay....but still Japanese version is better!

Newbie Neko Nezumi may be famous one day Neko Nezumi may be famous one day Neko Nezumi's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, I don't think anyone denies the Japanese version is better, but the dub really isn't that bad...
    First of all, it's not CARTOON NETWORK that did the voices. The company that licenced the anime, Viz entertainment, is responsible for that. Personally, Naruto's English voice gets in my nerves just as much as his Japanese one, so there's no issue there. Originally I had a problem with their changing the pronuncuiations in the first few episodes, but they have since gotten their act together, it seems. Plus the translation is more accurate than many dubs I've seen...

As for the edits, the show airs on the Toonami run. I was shocked they showed ANY blood at all. The FCC regulations determine what is cut, especially during that "earlier" time block...if Naruto aired on the Adult Swim run it would be much less censored. I was impressed with how the edits were done, however. Instead of simply cutting past it like some anime do, they found different ways to show that something of the like had happened, such as Naruto and Sasuke's kiss, and Naruto stabbing his own hand with the kunai.

Overall, I think Viz did a fairly good job. And considering I usually HATE Viz dubs...a very good job.

Newbie Inkaholic may be famous one day Inkaholic may be famous one day Inkaholic's Avatar
    Thanks

dub wasn't that bad as a matter of fact. Stays pretty true to the story, and I think the VAs actually fit in, more or less in general. Kakashi's does a great job! On another note, not nearly as much editing out as I expected. Naruto did in fact cut his hand open and so far all blood has been shown.

Heh, BELIEVE IT!

Newbie f1r3d3mong1rl may be famous one day f1r3d3mong1rl may be famous one day
    Thanks

I agree with people who say that naruto is poorly done in toonami, its way different in japanese.

Newbie Seth225 may be famous one day Seth225 may be famous one day
    Thanks

Stop With The Da** Complaints!

Ok I find this topic VERY offensive.I love the dubbed version and even though i've never seen the japenese version,I am learning all of the japenese jutsu.I've heard a forum where they said that instead of Naruto stabbing his hand with a kunai to show how serious he was about a mission,he was complaining about his mother's choice of food;i do not think this will happen.Cause if it does,I know that Naruto's mother is dead and i find it n00by if they do that;But yet again nobody knows if they WILL do this.

Yet I still love the dubbed version.It is great in my opinion and Naruto is now one of my favorite anime.I find you all offensive saying that toonami did poor dubbing.Anyways Toonami only licensend the first 60 episodes;So after that,all the violence will be restored.I DO hope that the voices stay in english version;

Hearing all of these stupid complaints MAKE ME SICK !Anyways don't try to make Naruto bad for us people who live in U.S.A.Just because you don't like the dub doesn't mean we have to hear you all complain.Every Naruto forum I go to there is a dubbed naruto hatred section T_T.WE USA DO NOT wanna hear this stupid complaints.

Once again it spoils us.I don't get why you all have to get all mad about the toonami dub.And I am sure that all people who live in U.S.A and have seen the Naruto dub agree with me.

Sorry about teh long post just making a point.
    Last edited by Seth225; Jan 30, 2006 at 02:00 PM.

Ever wondered what it sounded like to click here?Well,now you don't

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 12 13 14 15