Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Natural Disasters - God or Humanity

voluntarily left site Alegos may be famous one day Alegos may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: Natural Disasters - God or Humanity

The seemingly abundant hurricanes I do speculate are the consequence of humanity's ignorance of nature. However the tsunami and the recent earthquake are merely a coincidence (albeit a catastrophic one) . I say this because hurricanes are weather/temperature dependant, but the tsunami and earthquake are both due to movement of the tectonic plates. I'm no expert, but I don't think anything we've done to the planet thusfar has altered the movements of the earth's plates. It's just that the appearance of the hurricanes betwixt the tsunami and the earthquake give the illusion that there is some kind of agenda here.

Of course any time there is a succession of undesirable and uncontrollable events, people are going to immediately jump to conclusions. Though when a series of good events come nobody connects any dots. I suppose it's all in the rather pessimistic minds of people in general.

I don't know, that's what I think.

Newbie BlackMamba may be famous one day BlackMamba may be famous one day BlackMamba's Avatar
    Thanks

It's Just Fate.

Nobody Can Manipulate The Nature. Ok Ok ¬¬ They Keep Tryin' That But I Don't Think That RIGHT NOW They Can Manipulate It With A High Level Of "Perfection" If We Can Call It That... Right Now Human Is Just Like A Baby With New Toys...

So Then... It's Just Fate. Everything Is Fate.

Don't Hit Me Don't Hit Me

Otaku Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore's Avatar
    Thanks

Well...

The scriptures tell us that first the Lord will send his servents to testify of him...then he will send the testemony of famines and earthquakes. The sea will throw herself from her natual bounds. All the earth will testify of God. I personally feel these are warnings and judgements from God to bring us to repentance.

Newbie trowble may be famous one day trowble may be famous one day trowble's Avatar
    Thanks

Being the realist that I am, I have to go with it being just plain nature. I mean, why call something a "Natural Disaster" if it's not going to "naturally" happen by the certain conditions in the climate that allow it to react from the physical properties in the environment to act as a catalyst in order for it to happen by nature.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackMamba
    It's Just Fate.

Nobody Can Manipulate The Nature. Ok Ok ¬¬ They Keep Tryin' That But I Don't Think That RIGHT NOW They Can Manipulate It With A High Level Of "Perfection" If We Can Call It That... Right Now Human Is Just Like A Baby With New Toys...

So Then... It's Just Fate. Everything Is Fate.

Don't Hit Me Don't Hit Me
    I'm not attacking you... yet, but by including the word "fate" doesn't that bring religion into the matter seeing as how some people believe fate to be controlled by "higher beings" and whatnot?
    Too big. 110 is height limit.

Banned tasukuchan may be famous one day tasukuchan may be famous one day tasukuchan's Avatar
    Thanks

Totally God.

Anyone who remotely questions the matter should consult the Old Testement and Revelation in the Bible. Although these books are deeply encrypted, its obvious that they are analogies for what would happen today (Heh, people think we HAVE it bad now? Look what's in store for us in the future)...

The Seventh Seal and the Golden Censer
    1When he opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven for about half an hour.
    2And I saw the seven angels who stand before God, and to them were given seven trumpets.
    3Another angel, who had a golden censer, came and stood at the altar. He was given much incense to offer, with the prayers of all the saints, on the golden altar before the throne. 4The smoke of the incense, together with the prayers of the saints, went up before God from the angel's hand. 5Then the angel took the censer, filled it with fire from the altar, and hurled it on the earth; and there came peals of thunder, rumblings, flashes of lightning and an earthquake.
    6Then the seven angels who had the seven trumpets prepared to sound them.
    7The first angel sounded his trumpet, and there came hail and fire mixed with blood, and it was hurled down upon the earth. A third of the earth was burned up, a third of the trees were burned up, and all the green grass was burned up.
    8The second angel sounded his trumpet, and something like a huge mountain, all ablaze, was thrown into the sea. A third of the sea turned into blood, 9a third of the living creatures in the sea died, and a third of the ships were destroyed.
    10The third angel sounded his trumpet, and a great star, blazing like a torch, fell from the sky on a third of the rivers and on the springs of water— 11the name of the star is Wormwood.[a] A third of the waters turned bitter, and many people died from the waters that had become bitter.
    12The fourth angel sounded his trumpet, and a third of the sun was struck, a third of the moon, and a third of the stars, so that a third of them turned dark. A third of the day was without light, and also a third of the night.

Let's not forget this interesting part of scripture ~

The Trumpets
    1 I saw a star that had fallen from the sky to the earth. The star was given the key to the shaft of the Abyss. 2When he opened the Abyss, smoke rose from it like the smoke from a gigantic furnace. The sun and sky were darkened by the smoke from the Abyss. 3And out of the smoke locusts came down upon the earth and were given power like that of scorpions of the earth. 4They were told not to harm the grass of the earth or any plant or tree, but only those people who did not have the seal of God on their foreheads. 5They were not given power to kill them, but only to torture them for five months. And the agony they suffered was like that of the sting of a scorpion when it strikes a man. 6During those days men will seek death, but will not find it; they will long to die, but death will elude them.

Ahh, crazy stuff, bottomline is, I don't want to be around when all of this stuff is going down. But anyone who has read the Old Testement should know that the Middle Eastern stuff basically has already been prophesied. I'm no expert on it myself, I've only been to a couple Bible studies to know a little bit, but it's really interesting.

Another interesting tidbit (that all you realists can google up): When ISRAEL became a nation during the 1940's, NATURAL disasters increased tremendously, compared to beforehand, although I don't know the exact percentage. Israel becoming a nation again was yet another Biblical prediction fulfilled.

Newbie Felnor may be famous one day Felnor may be famous one day Felnor's Avatar
    Thanks

I can't believe the amount of people chalking a couple of natural disasters up to armeggedon.

Tell me, are the four horseman of the apocolypse drawing nigh as well?

For crying out loud, there's scientific explanations for all the disasters. They just all came at around a similar time. Thats all. Sometimes it happens. We're not all gonna be engulfed in a rain of fire okay?.

I wouldnt base all your answers on what the bible tells you. Im a Christain but even Im not blind enough to not to relize that both testements contradict each other. If God did all this, why now? Humanitys probably in one of its better stages at the minute. A lot more people are working together than they were 100 years ago. There's far less war than any time in humanitys history and, for the most part, everyones equal. The worlds far from perfect, but its in a better state than it was only 70 years ago.

If God was gonna strike us all down why on earth would he do it now?
    "Walk On, Walk On, With Hope In Your Heart And You'll Never Walk Alone"

http://jadeli.proboards58.com/ - Join if you got nothing better to do!

voluntarily left site Alegos may be famous one day Alegos may be famous one day
    Thanks

Just so you know, the belief of Armageddon, or end of days (known as Eschatology (Link) is nothing new or original. Anyone can come up with a prophecy and then link it to events that happen later on. To quote my link, in case clicking on it and reading for yourself is too much of a strain:
    According to an Ogalala - or Sioux medicine man - "darkness would descend over the tribe...the world would be out of balance. Floods, fires and earthquakes would then ensue."

A "White Buffalo Calf Woman" will then purify the world. She will then bring back harmony and spiritual balance.

A white buffalo was born in 1994, and another in 1995. Many tribal leaders thus feel that the prophecy is being fulfilled.
    Hold on, floods?(Link) Fires? (Link) And earthquakes? (link) Not to mention, not one but TWO white buffalo were born in two consecutive years!! By using reasoning that Isael becoming a nation again marks the start of Armageddon, according to Sioux lore we should all be purified about... now.

In addition, the formation of Isael is just the first step. Take a look-see (since the first link in this post was so kind as to list and organize the prerequisites):
    According to Jewish tradition, the end of the world will see:

1. Ingathering of the scattered Jewish exiles to geographic Israel,
    2. Defeat of all of Israel's enemies,
    3. Building of the third Jewish Temple in Jerusalem and the resumption of the sacrificial offerings and Temple service,
    4. Revival of the Dead (techiat hameitim), or the Resurrection,
    5. At some point, the Jewish Messiah who will become the anointed King of Israel. He will divide the Jews in Israel into their original tribal portions in the land. During this time Gog, king of Magog, will attack Israel. Who Gog and the Magog nation are is unknown. Magog will fight a great battle, in which many will die on both sides, but God will intervene and save the Jews. This is the battle referred to as Armageddon. God, having vanquished this final enemy once and for all, will accordingly banish all evil from human existence. After the year 6000 (in the Jewish calendar), the seventh millennium will be an era of holiness, tranquility, spiritual life, and worldwide peace, called the Olam Haba ("Future World"), where all people will know God directly. The Jewish holiday of Rosh Hashanah has many identical aspects to the Islamic belief in Qiyamah, such as the title of, "Day of the sounding of the Shofar".
    Just because the world has seen the (seeming) fulfillment of the first stage, it doesn't prove on any reasonable standard that the Bible's (in this particular matter of the Old Testament) prophecies are true. The books were masterfully crafted with "deeply encrypted analogies" so that they are vague, open-ended, and up for interperetation by any Average Joe. If you can believe the Bible you should have no scruples believing the Ogala, Nostradamus, or any other prophetic claims. The "bottomline" is that you shouldn't rely on folklore to explain natural phenomena. Especially when science has empirical evidence for most (if not all) of them (I'd normally link but it's looking pretty nice out and I'd like to get a nice walk in before it gets too chilly).

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Barronmore
    Well...

The scriptures tell us that first the Lord will send his servants to testify of him...then he will send the testemony of famines and earthquakes. The sea will throw herself from her natual bounds. All the earth will testify of God. I personally feel these are warnings and judgements from God to bring us to repentance.
    Don't forget what God says after the great flood in the story of Noach.
    In that story he says that he'll never do somethign like that again.

I guess a partial flood can still happen of course.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast