According to Jewish tradition, the end of the world will see:
1. Ingathering of the scattered Jewish exiles to geographic Israel,
2. Defeat of all of Israel's enemies,
3. Building of the third Jewish Temple in Jerusalem and the resumption of the sacrificial offerings and Temple service,
4. Revival of the Dead (techiat hameitim), or the Resurrection,
5. At some point, the Jewish Messiah who will become the anointed King of Israel. He will divide the Jews in Israel into their original tribal portions in the land. During this time Gog, king of Magog, will attack Israel. Who Gog and the Magog nation are is unknown. Magog will fight a great battle, in which many will die on both sides, but God will intervene and save the Jews. This is the battle referred to as Armageddon. God, having vanquished this final enemy once and for all, will accordingly banish all evil from human existence. After the year 6000 (in the Jewish calendar), the seventh millennium will be an era of holiness, tranquility, spiritual life, and worldwide peace, called the Olam Haba ("Future World"), where all people will know God directly. The Jewish holiday of Rosh Hashanah has many identical aspects to the Islamic belief in Qiyamah, such as the title of, "Day of the sounding of the Shofar".