Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Natural Disasters - God or Humanity

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Natural Disasters - God or Humanity

Quote Originally Posted by Felnor
    @Arrianna:

Thats a rather bold statement. I'd like some proof. I also think we may have a different opinion of what constitues a war but I won't get into that until I know more.
    Here you go.
    List of Wars (<--link)
    1600-33BC = 51 (app 1600 yrs)
    43-1000 AD= 15 (app 1000 yrs)
    1000-1499= 31 (500 yrs)
    1500-1799= 226 (300 yrs)
    1800-1899= 171 (100 yrs)
    1900-1945= 39, including WWI & WWII (45 yrs)
    1945-1989= 57 (45 yrs)
    Since 1990= 21 (15 yrs)
    Current Wars= 20

war
    n.

a. A state of open, armed, often prolonged conflict carried on between nations, states, or parties.
    b. The period of such conflict.
    c. The techniques and procedures of war; military science.
    a. A condition of active antagonism or contention: a war of words; a price war.
    b. A concerted effort or campaign to combat or put an end to something considered injurious: the war against acid rain.

intr.v. warred, war·ring, wars

1. To wage or carry on warfare.
    2. To be in a state of hostility or rivalry; contend.

Idiom:
    at war

In an active state of conflict or contention.

The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
    Copyright © 2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
    I've been trying to find the date of the last day of world peace but the world peace movement is getting all my search returns. lol oh well.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Banned tasukuchan may be famous one day tasukuchan may be famous one day tasukuchan's Avatar
    Thanks

The prophetic book of Revelation describes the 7 years of Tribulation which is probably soon to happen. I've heard people say that the new pope is Antichrist because of his hat he wears (something about it having 666 characters on it)...

I didn't confirm that interesting tidbit of information, but the person who told me that the pope was antichrist said that she read it in a book called "National Sunday". Supposedly Antichrist will have a righthand official who conducts miracles and hypnotizes the masses...called the False Prophet. Possibility?

An interesting fictional series on the 7 years of Tribulation ~ "Left Behind" by Tim LaHaye and Jerry B. Jenkins

Angsty Goth Teenager SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128's Avatar
    Thanks

Nature, it's because of GLOBAL WARMING!!!
    Wish I could be in the end of the ice age forever...

Otaku Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Felnor
    So has he set a date for all this? Im rather busy this saturday and would hate the apocolypse to get in the way. Maybe I can plan around it.

Seriously, there's many arguments that can go aganist that but as I do believe in God it would be hypocritical of me to use them so I won't.
    For a man who professes a belief in God I wonder why you don't beleive God.

yes, actually God does have a date for all this:

Matt: 24
    Mark: 13
    Luke 21
    Rev 6: 12-17

But as the scriptures tell us...only God knows for sure what that date is. Instead, Christ gave his apostles signs of the second comming so they would be prepared. Those signs are listed in those three chapters...and if you'll notice...they conform to what we've been talking about:

1. Wars
    2. Rumors of Wars
    3. Famine
    4. Pestalince
    5. Earthquakes in diverse places

Personally, I find your attitude offensive and bordering on blasphamy. You profess a belive in God and yet you deny his word. Prove to me it is NOT the judgement of God. Famine, Pestalince, and Earthquakes are all natural accurances. We have had wars and rumors of wars for over 100 years now (as Arrianna has pointed out). These chapers are happening before our eyes. And they are happening more and more frequantly with greater devistation as the scriptures said they would. God has ALWAYS used both natural disasters and the wicked themselves to deliver his warnings and to punish the wicked.

Why doesn't God just give us a date? Read his own words on why we are told the signs instead of a date:

Parable of the Fig Tree (Matt 24: 32 - 51)
    Parables of the ten virgins, the talents, and the sheep and the goats (Matt 25)

If I must choose between belive Man or God I will believe God. Until a man can positivily tell me why we are having more 'signs', more freqeuntly and explain away why they are consigning with biblical verses then I will belive God.

Otaku Suzy may be famous one day Suzy may be famous one day Suzy's Avatar
    In Puerto Rico the stinkiest place on earth.^~^
    Thanks

Yes, sciece said that the globalwormin is gettin stronger all tipes of islands or like Japan will be sink in 1 to 3 years and all coast states like Texas, Newyork and NewOrlands(again).V.V
    '' Death, cruelty, murder the things i have hate forever, Life is like a test with a limited time'' And doesnt have any sign''
    I wish i could help you but i make things worst, by liken you

Newbie dante 120 may be famous one day dante 120 may be famous one day dante 120's Avatar
    Thanks

no,i don't belive in some of the stuff you said but i do belive in god but i highly doubt that he the almighty lord woul kill that many people at once.with mother nature not so much.all she does is change the seasons.it could be us humans but only because some people just don't care. i think its something else some much more evil.
    FONT="Arial Black"]I MUST OBLITERATE YOU ALL[/FONT]

Otaku Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore's Avatar
    Thanks

And they said that the earth was going to be wasted by the ozone in ten years...that was 20 years ago. They said that AIDS was going to ravage the earth 20 years ago...it has not. It's just more scare tactics! People have been saying California is going to slide into the Pacific Ocean any day now for over 100 years! It's all junk science and has not been universally proven. Do you honestly belive that Japan is going to sink into the Ocean in 1 - 3 years? For every "global warming" scientest you find you can find one that says the exact opposite. But I suppose if you say it enough times and loud enough someone will beleive you.

I love the "George Bush's fault Global Warming" argument. Are you honestly telling me that if GW had signed and accepted the Kyoto treaty 6 years ago that we'd all be ok now? Do we have that much control over the entire planet that we can 'save' it in the course of 6 small years by cutting back (not ending) our emmissions?

Volcanos produce more polutants then we do. A single volcano belching it's fumes into the air is much more 'damaging' to the enviornment then we are in a year. For crying out loud, there's even a government study that claims the ozone layer problem is becasue of 'cow methane'. Yes, cows farting in fields is apparently more damaging to the enviornment then the combusition engine.

But for the sake of argument let's all agree that it is Global Warming. How does that disprove God? The bible was written 2000 years ago. It predicted of all these things and they are happening. Rather it's natural desasters, golbal warming, or man killing themselves in war...how does it invalidate biblical pridictions?

If God is the god of the universe...why can't he use nature and man's actions agasint them as punishment?

voluntarily left site Alegos may be famous one day Alegos may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tasukuchan
    Nostradamus was thought to have been loony in his time, and his prophecies were always subject to criticism. Did you know that Nostradamus had Christian ties of faith? As did Charles Darwin! Would you be surprised if I told you that Adolf Hitler came from a Jewish family? Watch the discovery channel
    I usually only watch The History Channel, and if I find something interesting I do some good old fashioned reading. So yeah, none of that is news to me, the reason why I mentioned Nostradamus, is because it takes the same leap of faith to believe in his quatrain "predictions" as it does to believe in an archaic text. And not to mention, The Bible has and is the subject to criticism, methinks your own bias of (presumably) being raised Christian leads you to believe otherwise. Just because The Bible may have hit on a handful of ideas, doesn't mean we should say that we should believe the other ones. Like the old proverb goes "If you give a thousand monkeys a thousand typewriters and a thousand years, they'll eventually produce the complete works of Shakespeare" (haha). But that's neither here nor there.

Quote Originally Posted by tasukuchan
    ...would you like to turn around this entire thread into a religious discussion?
    No, not really, I like religion, but not that much. If it were truly a religious discussion we'd need some people with a firm grip on all the world's religions. Otherwise it's just a secular humanist and a Christian. To even insinuate that your religion (or my personal belief) is any more valid than any other one is truly asinine, when all of them have the same amount of objective empirical evidence... absolutely none.

True, mankind will possibly (probability pending) be annihilated in some cataclysmic event. However to simplify the choices 1) Mankind's own doing through the irresponsible use of science (eg: nuclear war, global warming, loss of ozone by way of CFC's, or an altered virus). 2) A force of nature beyond current human control (eg: Massive amounts of natural disasters, or a rogue asteroid on a collision course with Earth, a naturally evolved devestating virus). 3) The intentional act(s) of a divine being that can neither be proven nor disproven to even exist. Now, If we apply Ockham's Razor, which one of these can be "shaved off" right away?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast