Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Natural disasters where you live?

Otaku Endless Flight 2 Champion Dnite may be famous one day Dnite may be famous one day Dnite's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Natural disasters where you live?

The worse we get is hurricanes. Ohh and flooding although that happens whenever it rains. Ive always had the joke that all it takes is 5 minutes of rain and already half the island is having flood warnings)
    Evil is actually in my job description

11:11 Delerium may be famous one day Delerium may be famous one day Delerium's Avatar
    Thanks

I live in South Carolina so of course we get our fair share of tornadoes and a hurricane every now and again.

Domme Kasai may be famous one day Kasai may be famous one day Kasai's Avatar
    Thanks

I get hurricanes like a mother...
    Seduced by Flesh

Otaku ArchangeL_1979 may be famous one day ArchangeL_1979 may be famous one day ArchangeL_1979's Avatar
    Thanks

Well Typhoons/Hurricanes & Earthquakes are mostly what happens here in the Pacific.....there's also volcanic eruptions.....there's an island north of Guam (where I'm from) that is spewing ashes and its getting ready to erupt....at least it is inhabitable right now.

I have experienced a lot of natural disasters. When I was in the Philippines I experienced 7.0 magnitude earthquakes, typhoons/hurricanes, and the most frightening of all volcanic eruption. Any of u remember Mt. Pinatubo erupting in the Philippines about 14 or 15 yrs ago.....I was freaking there man. It was raining hot rocks, hot mud, sands, and all kinds of other stuff. A sulfuric smell from the volcano was all u can smell outside. It was 11am but the outside looked like it was 9pm.....it was hella dark! Then earthquakes every few seconds, the only thing I didn't see was the lava, which means we were lucky!

Here on Guam (where I live now) Typhoons/Hurricanes and strong Earthquakes and Aftershocks are the natural disasters, I just hope I don't have to experience Tidal Waves, coz that shit is scary!

Anime 4-Lyf!
    ANiMe 4-LYF!

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ArchangeL_1979
    Any of u remember Mt. Pinatubo erupting in the Philippines about 14 or 15 yrs ago.....I was freaking there man. It was raining hot rocks, hot mud, sands, and all kinds of other stuff. A sulfuric smell from the volcano was all u can smell outside. It was 11am but the outside looked like it was 9pm.....it was hella dark! Then earthquakes every few seconds, the only thing I didn't see was the lava, which means we were lucky!
    No way!

My sister was living there when that happened. They had to shovel 2-3 feet of soot off the run way so her plane could take off.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Otaku ArchangeL_1979 may be famous one day ArchangeL_1979 may be famous one day ArchangeL_1979's Avatar
    Thanks

A lot of people got stranded who were vacationing in the Philippines.......it was the most frightening experience I ever had!
    I would never want to experience that again!

Anime 4-Lyf!
    ANiMe 4-LYF!

Otaku millionbubbles may be famous one day millionbubbles may be famous one day millionbubbles's Avatar
    Thanks

Nothing really other then a huge non-stop heat wave. Though tornados have been touching down on various parts of Ontario (not really near where I live though). Its weird cuz we usually don't get tornados...last time I think was sometime in the mid 1980's.

Otaku ffgirl23 may be famous one day ffgirl23 may be famous one day ffgirl23's Avatar
    Thanks

The threat of tornadoes and flash flooding and hail every day. I swear, Colorado has the most schizophrenic weather, cause there's always a good chance that we'll get snow in the middle of summer. A few years ago, we got 6 feet of snow in April. In one day. The tornadoes freak me out though. I used to live in the sticks, where they happen all the time, but I'm in the city now, so I don't have to worry about that as much.
    Oh, and wildfires are always a threat, especially since we've been in drought conditions for the last few years. I remember the Haymen fire a few years ago, even as far away east of it as I was, there was ash everywhere, and the sky had this wierd orange glow to it because of all the smoke. I think there's already been a few small ones this summer.

And I remember now, at the top of my lungs in my arms, she dies, she dies.

Controlling you through a chip in your butt since 2004

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast