Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Natural disasters where you live?

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Natural disasters where you live?

Few days ago, they had to pull several Troops doing Night exersizes home (I live on a military base) because they spotted 2 or three funnel clouds (none of them touched down)

Devoted Otaku N.Y._Soulja may be famous one day N.Y._Soulja may be famous one day N.Y._Soulja's Avatar
    Thanks

Fl, rain...................... I HATE THE RAIN, also Hurricanes, and in my country Dominican Republic- hurricanes........................................ .................................................. .. damnit~_~
    You should stop talking about your dreams, and start making them.

http://kuv319.tumblr.com/

There is something so human in the desire to never give up, while at the same time, never giving it your all?

Newbie Seraphita may be famous one day Seraphita may be famous one day Seraphita's Avatar
    Thanks

well here in Puerto Rico we get a lot of hurricanes and floods we might get hit by a hurricane again soon this week

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by N.Y._Soulja
    Fl, rain...................... I HATE THE RAIN, also Hurricanes, and in my country Dominican Republic- hurricanes........................................ .................................................. .. damnit~_~
    dude that's nothing compare with the earthquekes, floods, hurricanes,el niño and la niña that occurs in my country!!

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ketaro
    dude that's nothing compare with the earthquekes, floods, hurricanes,el niño and la niña that occurs in my country!!
    And who knows where that is?

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Otaku esthered may be famous one day esthered may be famous one day esthered's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by virginkid
    We don't have natural disasters at all where I am in Singapore. We do get the occasional trembles from the earthquakes in other neighbouring countries though and of course bush fires in the drier part of the year.

We're pretty fortunate in the sense that we aren't on any plate borders and we get tropical weather throughout the year, but I really want to experience snow in my home country at least once.='O

Hi five, I'm from Singapore too. Well, at least I used to be. Anyway, Singapore hardly experiences any natural disasters at all. I think the most we've ever had were slight earthquake tremors from neighbouring countries, but that's the worst we've ever been through. And it's extremely impossible for Singapore to be hit by any other natural disasters as we're surrounded by many other neighbouring countries that will, in a way to put it very bluntly, shield us from tsunamis/floods/tornados whatsoever. And well, bushfires aren't really considered a natural disaster since it can be controlled.

Newbie n00dLe may be famous one day n00dLe may be famous one day n00dLe's Avatar
    Thanks

If it rains really hard we get floods and if it rains harder we get tornado warnings, but i've never seen one yet (Thank goodness). When it rains there's thunder and lightning, and I HATE those.. but other than those.. the sun shines so hot that i think it's an oven...

To the world, you are one person... but to one person, you could mean the world

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by esthered
    And well, bushfires aren't really considered a natural disaster since it can be controlled.
    *laughing uncontrollably*

You've obviously never seen one. Controlled is not what I would call it. Attempting to prevent it from hitting populated areas would be what I would call it. Most brush fires are actually started by lightning strikes. If a brush fire in desert/bush country isn't a natural disaster then they don't exist.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast