Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: In need of advice...

Otaku know1 may be famous one day know1 may be famous one day know1's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: In need of advice...

Photoshop is indespensible, but if you are talking about making these things from scratch- pen and tablet work or hand drawn scan rendering, then I suggest adobe illustrator. If you ever plan on making a living from art, get both (although you'll end up owing your first born to adobe).

If I can suggest something that is more valuable than programs, it's color theory. The biggest mistake one can make is in the poor choice of color scheme. You can have a nicely composed image ruined by non-complimenting colors. For quick reference, you can always use a web color chart like THIS ONE , but it won't help you understand what's truly happening.

Newbie SoapyFace may be famous one day SoapyFace may be famous one day SoapyFace's Avatar
    I live in that state no one knows about. Yeah, Delaware? Thats me.
    Thanks

Photoshop is what I use, and I am fairly happy with it. I suppose it really is your own descision in the end which program you think you would like to use. ^^
    "Oh rock, dear rock, I shall always love thee!" -Matthewt3hd0rk [My sexy tree]

I AM THE ROCK! Grrawr. Phear my swirling shiny powers and love my tree, bird, kitten, and bush friends!

Otaku Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Slothrop
    I like the GIMP, personally. It's legal and free.

http://www.gimp.org/

I would also like to say that you've done a fantastic job with the software at your disposal.
    I have to second the GIMP. It's very comparable to Photoshop and it's worth your time to check out.

Also check out PAINT.net, a free replacement for Microsoft Paint (XP machines only).

http://www.eecs.wsu.edu/paint.net/

I personally feel GIMP is better the PAINT.net, but I have both installed.

I would only get photoshop if you feel it's worth the money. GIMP will do everything Photoshop does, but some people find it harder to use. I think you would do fine with it.

Devoted Otaku Quick Words Champion, Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion, Mah Jongg Garden Champion, Haunted House Champion Cheza may be famous one day Cheza may be famous one day Cheza's Avatar
    Thanks

Talking Re: In need of advice...

Quote Originally Posted by Slothrop
    I like the GIMP, personally. It's legal and free.

http://www.gimp.org/

I would also like to say that you've done a fantastic job with the software at your disposal.
    Yep..that one's good....
    If they really had a desire to live, they would've been more aware of how easy it is to die.

Devoted Otaku Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose's Avatar
    Thanks

Smile Re: In need of advice...

Yes - I think I will experiment until I find the program that will suit my needs. Until then, I will stick with what I've got, even if it's crap.. LoL I'll be posting some wallpapers and sigs up in my Gallery, if you ever feel an itching to take a gander... Thanks for all the advice and reccomendations

??*Everyone Here Hates Me??* Zackraa may be famous one day Zackraa may be famous one day Zackraa's Avatar
    Thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2