Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Need advice: What Anime is for 4-5 year olds?

Otaku Rodion may be famous one day Rodion may be famous one day Rodion's Avatar
    Thanks

Need advice: What Anime is for 4-5 year olds?

I'm kinda scared having my Noir, Aika, etc. fansub VCDs lying around the house (the used to be kept safe and tucked away in spare hard disks but I burned them to CD-Rs last X'mas) and my 4 year old kid is arriving from vacation, but I have no more space where to tuck them away to. What I'm planning to do is to is to give her some of her own anime VCDs that are meant for 4-5 year old kids, and I was wondering if anyone can recommend a good title(s). Pls. make sure that the anime you recommend doesn't contain any violent scenes. Upskirts/fanservice etc. are ok, but no violence pls. and it doesn't have to be a comedy (but no eerie style horror stuff too).

I want to do this so that when I place them on my little shelf, I can instruct her to watch her OWN anime and not my anime titles. I'm trying to develop some sort of discipline in her.

-RODION
    "Reserve your right to think, for even to think wrongly is better than not to think at all."
    - Hypatia of Alexandria

Otaku ex-paranoia may be famous one day ex-paranoia may be famous one day ex-paranoia's Avatar
    Thanks

Cool

Hmmmm, alot of the ones I know are already distributed in the U.S.

Pokemon
    Kiki's Delivery Service
    Digimon
    Card Captors Sakura
    My Neighbour Totoro
    Sailor Moon
    Tiny Snow Fairy Sugar
    Digi Charat
    Yu-Gi-Oh!
    Hello Kitty
    Azumanga Daioh (No violence and funny as hell)
    Hamtaro
    PitaTen

Hmmmm, I'll add more to the list later :S

Newbie King Of Hearts may be famous one day King Of Hearts may be famous one day King Of Hearts's Avatar
    Thanks
    i think the best for that ages is pokemon and digimon

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ex-paranoia
    Hmmmm, alot of the ones I know are already distributed in the U.S.

Pokemon
    Kiki's Delivery Service
    Digimon
    Card Captors Sakura
    My Neighbour Totoro
    Sailor Moon
    Tiny Snow Fairy Sugar
    Digi Charat
    Yu-Gi-Oh!
    Hello Kitty
    Azumanga Daioh (No violence and funny as hell)
    Hamtaro
    PitaTen

Hmmmm, I'll add more to the list later :S

Good list ex-paranoia, but CCS and Yu-gi-oh might be too intense for a 4-5 year old. Id go with pokemon, hamtaro and hello kitty. Heck why not just rent some disney movies??
    Last edited by Miroku4444; Jan 09, 2005 at 02:11 AM.

Thanks
    Thanks guys. BTW she already saw Sakura, Pokemon, Yu-gi-oh and Digimon (1 & 2) on local TV so I think I'll skip those. I'll look into the other titles especially Azumanga Daioh...you should hear my kid laugh, it's contagious

-RODION
    "Reserve your right to think, for even to think wrongly is better than not to think at all."
    - Hypatia of Alexandria

Otaku ex-paranoia may be famous one day ex-paranoia may be famous one day ex-paranoia's Avatar
    Thanks
    Glad I could help!

*hmmm so this is how you raise an Otaku* ._.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kastelic4444
    Heck why not just rent some disney movies??
    Because she HAS Disney movies. And that's not only the problem...

You see, my wife bought her this little CD carry case shaped like a pig's head (LOL it really looks funny) last August that she carries around with her all the time in her little teddybear backpack. It used to contain her Disney and Sesame Street stuff, but she got tired of those and now she wants to put anime stuff in it...

...and one day TO MY UTMOST HORROR, I found one of my COOL DEVICES CDs in it (some of you know what that is hehehe)! She saw that the VCD label had some "cute" anime girls printed on it, and so she decided to place it in her CD-case (I know, I know, I'm careless with my stuff sometimes, so go figure)! Good thing she never lent it to anyone around the neighborhood (whew)...see what I mean? I want to give her her own anime so that she won't mess with my own little stash.

-RODION
    - Hypatia of Alexandria

Thanks
    HAHAHAHAHA, Cool Devices! Now that's not something you want going around the neighbourhood
    Wouldn't it be bad if someone found those? :O Imagine what would happen >.>

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast