Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Need advice: What Anime is for 4-5 year olds?

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks
    hey rodion, I know my post might be useless to you, but isn't it okay to show your kid something like

Grave of fireflies (?? or butterflies)

or those animes made by the same person

I think his animes are good for a kids imagination, as long as you watch it with her kinda like "parent guidance"

and cute girls in cool devices huh??

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Otaku Rodion may be famous one day Rodion may be famous one day Rodion's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ex-paranoia
    HAHAHAHAHA, Cool Devices! Now that's not something you want going around the neighbourhood
    Wouldn't it be bad if someone found those? :O Imagine what would happen >.>
    My thoughts exactly. I can even picture angry parents wielding pitchforks and torches, banging at my front gate and chanting "BURN! BURN! BURN HIM AT THE STAKE!"

-RODION
    "Reserve your right to think, for even to think wrongly is better than not to think at all."
    - Hypatia of Alexandria

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pyoro-pyoro
    hey rodion, I know my post might be useless to you, but isn't it okay to show your kid something like

I think his animes are good for a kids imagination, as long as you watch it with her kinda like "parent guidance"

Thanks PP, will check those out too. Well my Cool Devices come in these weird monochrome green printed VCDs and on one of them was an image of that Elf-girl that married a Knight (Episode 12?), so she thought it might be some kind of fairy tale story hehe (well, she was actually right, it was a fairly tale story, but there was more to the "tale" than what was meant for kids like her

-RODION
    "Reserve your right to think, for even to think wrongly is better than not to think at all."
    - Hypatia of Alexandria

Otaku ex-paranoia may be famous one day ex-paranoia may be famous one day ex-paranoia's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pyoro-pyoro

Don't think Grave of the Fireflies is a good anime for a child, the movie by Isao Takahata is not the type of anime for smaller children, there is a meaning to it, and it takes great attention to know what it is. The portrayal of the "human cost of war" is the theme in this movie. It's very slow in progression, and I personally think a 4-5 year old kid would be bored out of their minds.

Not to take away from the film, on the contrary this movie was extraordinary, no doubt in the minds of everyone that it came from the Production Studios of Miyazaki. Movies like Spirited Away would be more of the childish type of movie, since there's more fun and music, as compared to Grave of the Fireflies' gloomy mood all throughtout the movie.

Here are some movies from the Miyazaki Studios:

- Spirited Away
    - Princess Mononoke (Mononoke-Hime)
    - Kiki's Delivery Service
    - Tonari no Totoro (My Neighbour Totoro)
    - Laputa (Castle in the Sky)
    - Grave of the Fireflies
    - Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind
    - Lupin the 3rd
    Last edited by ex-paranoia; Jan 09, 2005 at 02:56 AM.

Thanks
    Don't think Grave of the Fireflies is a good anime for a child, the movie by Isao Takahata is not the type of anime for smaller children, there is a meaning to it, and it takes great attention to know what it is. The portrayal of the "human cost of war" is the theme in this movie. It's very slow in progression, and I personally think a 4-5 year old kid would be bored out of their minds.

Not to take away from the film, on the contrary this movie was extraordinary, no doubt in the minds of everyone that it came from the Production Studios of Miyazaki. Movies like Spirited Away would be more of the childish type of movie, since there's more fun and music, as compared to Grave of the Fireflies' gloomy mood all throughtout the movie.

Here are some movies from the Miyazaki Studios:

- Spirited Away
    - Grave of the Fireflies
    - Lupin the 3rd

I have Spirited Away! You think it's ok to show her that? I myself find the witch too scary! Am trying to look for Nausicaa in the locality, because I love airplanes, but can't seem to find it

Say, what's that anime with the strange white rabbit-like alien that was befriended by this dark-haired boy wearing glasses? That seems kinda fun.

-RODION
    - Hypatia of Alexandria

Otaku ex-paranoia may be famous one day ex-paranoia may be famous one day ex-paranoia's Avatar
    Thanks
    Rabbit!??!? ummmm I'm not sure...

The only animes I know of with any rabbits in them are...

Tenchi Muyo Series?

I doubt it's that because I don't remember Tenchi wearing glasses... The closest thing to a rabbit in that though is Ryooki~

I'll have to think about it, I don't remember such an anime... Probably deep within my memory somewhere... I'll sleep over it haha~

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    Hmmmm, alot of the ones I know are already distributed in the U.S.

Pokemon
    Kiki's Delivery Service
    Digimon
    Card Captors Sakura
    My Neighbour Totoro
    Sailor Moon
    Tiny Snow Fairy Sugar
    Digi Charat
    Yu-Gi-Oh!
    Hello Kitty
    Azumanga Daioh (No violence and funny as hell)
    Hamtaro

Hmmmm, I'll add more to the list later :S

...PitaTenHere are some movies from the Miyazaki Studios:

- Spirited Away
    - Grave of the Fireflies
    - Lupin the 3rd
    That's a pretty thurough list ex-paranoia, and you're right, many Studio Gibli films are not appropriate for a 5 year old. namely; Princess Mononoke (Mononoke-Hime), Grave of the Fireflies, Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind, and Lupin the 3rd (scene at the end).

As someone who has a 5 year old I can tell you his favorites are; Hamtaro (!!!), Monster Rancher, Kiki's Delivery Service, My Neighbour Totoro, Spirited Away (he does need a hand held occasionally on this one), and his absolute favorite is Castle in the Sky.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks
    For movies disney remade some of miyazka's film's. Spirited away, Castle in the sky, Kiki's delivery service. Can be bought from disney. Also my neighbor totoro, but it isn't disney.
    Attached Images
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast