Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Need advice: What Anime is for 4-5 year olds?

Newbie cherry_chocolate may be famous one day cherry_chocolate may be famous one day
    Thanks
    How about Tokyo Mew Mew? ^_^ Its a cute enough anime, with lots of magical transformations and stuff, and it appeals to my own 5 yr old cousin... of course, it contains fighting (in the magical sense), so if you're really strict on that note... And yep, Pita Ten's nice too. ^_^~~

Otaku ex-paranoia may be famous one day ex-paranoia may be famous one day ex-paranoia's Avatar
    Thanks
    I was thinking of Tokyo Mew Mew also, I never got to finish that anime, but I remember the Opening theme song (My Sweet Heart), it's stuck in my head for some odd reason o.O

Gundam Builder Ragn0r0x may be famous one day Ragn0r0x may be famous one day Ragn0r0x's Avatar
    Thanks
    I would have to say azumanga daioh. ITs funny stuff.

Otaku Phoenix of Love may be famous one day Phoenix of Love may be famous one day Phoenix of Love's Avatar
    Thanks
    Hers something intreasting how about we skip the kiddy stuff and move on toe titles like
    Hellsing
    Vimpire hinter D
    FLCL (just loved that one)
    Inu Yasha
    Big O
    I would say Love Hina but thats not really for kids
    All are good animes some more graphic then others but hey when I was a kid I like the "big kid" cartoons and I saw my first hentai at age 9 and I've turnd out ok btw hentais not really ass good as an anime like Chobits
    Tom: Maybe we are a supreme being who was having self identity problems.
    Luis: Find yourself a women who loves video games as much as you do and you'll have have problems.

Newbie cherry_chocolate may be famous one day cherry_chocolate may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ex-paranoia
    I was thinking of Tokyo Mew Mew also, I never got to finish that anime, but I remember the Opening theme song (My Sweet Heart), it's stuck in my head for some odd reason o.O
    I know how you feel... It got to me too. *laughs* Even the little kiddies at my house can all sing it. XD The singer had a really nice voice. Or rather, she really suited that song.

Newbie teh s uck may be famous one day teh s uck may be famous one day teh s uck's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ex-paranoia
    Don't think Grave of the Fireflies is a good anime for a child, the movie by Isao Takahata is not the type of anime for smaller children, there is a meaning to it, and it takes great attention to know what it is. The portrayal of the "human cost of war" is the theme in this movie. It's very slow in progression, and I personally think a 4-5 year old kid would be bored out of their minds.
    You know, I was reading a recommendation list of anime for children (I can't remember the name of the site at the moment), and I saw that Grave of the Fireflies was recommended for 3+.

Not a typo. 3+. Not 13+. Now, I have a 3 yr. old kid; there is no way in hell that I am showing him this movie -- I just can't believe that he, or any 3 yr. old., is ready for seeing someone's mother die from burns from an incendiary bombing raid and a child die from malnutrition.

I'd go with this for Miyazaki stuff:

- Kiki's Delivery Service (my kid loves this)
    - Tonari no Totoro (My Neighbour Totoro)
    - Laputa (Castle in the Sky)

The other films ex-paranoia listed, while all good, are probably too mature; Laputa is a bit violent -- I have no problem showing it to my kid, but whether it's appropriate for yours is your call. Porco Rosso is coming out in February; from what I have seen about it it may be appropriate for young children, but I haven't seen it yet, so I am not going to recommend for or against it.

Miyazaki also did one in the early '70s called Panda go Panda, which is about a panda and his son who go to live with a girl. Total silliness, and perfect for a kid. Geneon just rereleased this on DVD.

You might also be able to get away with showing the first Haibane Renmei DVD (first four episodes). After that, it becomes an intense angst fest, which I like, but my child is certainly not mature enough to see yet.
    Your ad here.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks
    Hey Rodion, if all of these are still not okay for your kid, just make her go study some mathematics or literature

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Otaku Seshoumaru may be famous one day Seshoumaru may be famous one day Seshoumaru's Avatar
    Thanks
    Hmm.... some of the above mentioned titles are kinda on the edge for a four year old... but most of them (Gibli titles) are good, but a real kiddy anime has to be Ocha Ken, a while ago it was being fansubbed by Mognet and that's an anime for little children... It's 26 eps in total and each ep is about 5 minutes... It's about tea dogs and their every day thing... maybe something that appeals to your little one?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast