Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Need Help: Choosing between Anime

Newbie Red X may be famous one day Red X may be famous one day Red X's Avatar
    Thanks

Need Help: Choosing between Anime

They'res 3 animes I am actually interested in buying, but at the moment I'm running low on money due to X-mas shopping.

Well, um;

One is SaiKano.

The Second is Happy Lesson

Third is His and Her Circumstances (Aka: Kare Kano).

Out of those three which one should I get? (If you need alil more information here's the sypnosis on all of them heh).

Saikano - Shuji and Chise are two Hokkaido high school students barely starting a relationship with each other. Then, with no warning, a squadron of bombers from an unknown country destroy the city of Sapporo. All hope is lost when suddenly, the bombers are destroyed by a small red light floating across the sky. At this point, Shuji finds out that the one responsible for eliminating the enemy forces is Chise, who reveals herself as a cyborg engineered for mass-destruction.

Happy Lesson - Hitotose Chitose was always alone and untrusting of people but when 5 female teachers appear and started living together with him in his family's house as his mothers, things started to change and pick up, together with Hazuki-nee and Minazuki (his 2 sisters) everyday is a lesson.

Kare Kano - Yukino Miyazawa, the Queen of Vanity, is the 'perfect student' - smart, pretty, athletic and has an overall nice personality. What everyone in her school didn't know was that behind the perfect facade lies a different person. She is always the best in anything - but an obstacle comes her way. The obstacle's name is Souichirou Arima. Souichirou Arima is chosen as the representative of the freshmen, not Miyazawa. Thus, she strives hard to defeat him in all aspects. But a day comes when her most-hated enemy comes to find out her secret. From treating Arima as an enemy, friendship blossoms. Soon love comes. Kare Kano is a story that revolves all around the pangs and beauty of first love.

There ya go ^-^ Please help. Many thanks!

Newbie Black Swordsmen may be famous one day Black Swordsmen may be famous one day Black Swordsmen's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Need Help: Choosing between Anime

Well I would Say Saikano Because I was Also Interested In Getting It. It Also Has A Movie For The sequal I think. But I also Heard "His and Her Circumstances" Was A Good Anime. But My Last Answer Would Be Saikano.

Look, Look around you Carefully. Strain Your Eyes At The Darkness Around Us.. At The Darkness Around Me.

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

I heard from my friends that Saikano is a pretty decent and awesome series. As for me, I haven't seen the show........but it sounds interesting.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

So basicly your choices are...

1. Tragic romance (Saikano)
    2. Comedy 'Harem genre' romance (Happy Lesson)
    3. Moody romance (Kare Kano)

Now do be away that there has been TWO different versions of Happy Lessons released (Region 1). The 13 episode TV series, and the 5 episode OVA. The OVA is sold as a 'sequel' when in fact the OVA was made first. The TV series is a retelling (but uses the first episode of the OVA with a slightly different ending). Sister relationships are slighty different between the OVA and TV series, with the TV series being more complete...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Thanks

Well, I am into the tragic romance thing, (kinda reminds me of Fullmetal Alchemist just without the romance).

As for Happy Lesson. I did not know about the 5 episode OVA. Did it already release in the states?

I guess from the looks of things, I should get Kare Kano last.

EDIT: Oh yeah. Thanks everyone for helping me choose!

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

NO YOU FOOL!!!

get KareKano!!!!

i like it so you must as well!!!!!!!!1

jk jk jk

i like it becuz it's not all cutesy and unbelievable, but it has real emotion behind it...

and the characters are good for each other...

in my opinion...

Thanks

LMAO! It's not like I wasnt going to get it. I am I just needed to know which ones I should get first.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Oops... Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by Red X
    Well, I am into the tragic romance thing, (kinda reminds me of Fullmetal Alchemist just without the romance).

As for Happy Lesson. I did not know about the 5 episode OVA. Did it already release in the states?

I guess from the looks of things, I should get Kare Kano last.

EDIT: Oh yeah. Thanks everyone for helping me choose!
    My mistake, the OVA is 3 episodes, not 5 episodes. (one of my reference sites is incorrect...)

ADV Films has released the OVA on DVD for quite some time now... But if you want to get Happy Lessons, your in luck, as this ADV Films catalog page says that the Thin Pack with BOTH the TV and OVA series comes out this week, at a very reasonable price...

ADV Films Catalog page for Happy Lessons Teacher's Pet Collection...
    http://www.advfilms.com/CatalogFilms_Detail.asp?ID=348
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast