Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Need New Anime Dvd, Help Me!!!!

Angsty Goth Teenager SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128's Avatar
    Thanks

Question Need New Anime Dvd, Help Me!!!!

I want a new anime DVD and I want one of something I haven't seen already which includes:

Arc the Lad
    Dual
    Final Fantasy: Unlimited
    Full Metal Panic!
    Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu!
    Inuyasha
    Knights of the Zodiac
    Peacemaker
    Princess Mononoke
    Saiyuki
    Samurai Champloo
    Tekken

Can anyone recommend some good action/comedy anime DVDs. I'm thinking about one of the Gunadms, but not the one with the tiny gundam guys that was so *BLEEP*! I've heard FLCL is good and weird I'm gonna have to see it at a friends house before I but it. Maybe a Samurai anime or something else. The anime can't be anything higher than 13+.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Need New Anime Dvd, Help Me!!!!

Grumble Grumble Grumble

So now we know what you've seen. But... what do you like? Which one's that you've seen did you like the most? And what kind of Hollywood movies do you like??, as there may be a Anime equivalent???
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Kimiki

Here are some good series:

Descendants of Darkness
    Angel Sanctuary
    X/1999
    DN Angel
    Ninja Scroll
    Spirited Away
    Ghost in the Shell
    Cowboy Bebop

Hope that helps a little...

Otaku Space Runner Champion HibikiLink may be famous one day HibikiLink may be famous one day HibikiLink's Avatar
    Thanks

Every one forgets Full Metal Alchamist and Vandread. Two series full of action and comedy

Otaku JOJO AC may be famous one day JOJO AC may be famous one day JOJO AC's Avatar
    Thanks

Can't be higher than PG-13? that's a hard one. If you want a good comedy then check out Cromartie High School, it's pretty wierd, and Freddy Mercury is there as a student for no good reason(rated TV-14).
    For an action/comedy(and it also has some romance) i suggest Midori Days, very wierd(and this one is PG-13 ).
    If you wanna see samurai stuff, get Rurouni Kenshin, has plenty of samurai action mixed with some drama, but if you just want PG-13, stay away from the OVA(even thought it's still better than the anime)
    Last edited by JOJO AC; Jul 21, 2005 at 08:46 AM.

Angsty Goth Teenager SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah I was thinking Rurouni Kenshin.

LenMiyata- What I liked the best was: Arc the Lad, Samurai Champloo, Tekken, Peacemaker, and Final Fantasy: Unlimited. But the best was Tekken. My favorite movies are of course Samurai movies, fantasy movies, I like sci-fi but not a lot. For example I liked Seven Samurai, Star Wars 3, and Princess Mononoke.

Also can anyone find me a dvd of the old samurai show about Date Masamune starring Ken Watanabe? I saw one DVD but it was Region 2... can computers play region 2?

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiDude128
    Also I saw an anime called Armored Soldiers VOTOMS. Is that any good?
    DON'T DOUBLE POST!!!

I wouldn't recommend VOTOMS, it not that good a anime.. So you like Fighting/Action based series, but it has to be 13+ (This makes it hard....) And you've probably outgrowned 'Dragon Ball Z' and 'Pokemon' as well.... Hmmmm... I would recommend...

'Full Metal Alchemist'
    'Angelic Layer' (if you don't mind watching a series about a middle school girl...)
    'Big O' first and second season...
    'Nadia, Secret of Blue Water' (You can tell your mom it's the Japanese retelling of 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea)
    'Gundam Seed' (if you're into Mecha series...)
    'Outlaw Star'
    'Trigun'
    'Yu Yu Hakusho'

All of these are 13+ rated (I've checked) and conservative for Parent approval

Quote Originally Posted by JOJO AC
    Can't be higher than PG-13? that's a hard one. If you want a good comedy then check out Cromartie High School, it's pretty wierd, and Freddy Mercury is there as a student for no good reason(rated TV-14).
    For an action/comedy(and it also has some romance) i suggest Midori Days, very wierd(and this one is PG-13 ).
    If you wanna see samurai stuff, get Rurouni Kenshin, has plenty of samurai action mixed with some drama, but if you just want PG-13, stay away from the OVA(even thought it's still better than the anime)
    Now surprisingly both 'Midori Days' and 'Cromartie High School' are 13+ rated, but I from the series you said you liked, I don't think you would be into the High School Romance genre (Midori Days), and 'Cromartie High School' is just plain dumb (so not a good 'Parent Safe' series), but if your into series like 'Ren & Stimpy'.... Rurouni Kenshin is the classic samurai anime series, but the episode count is so HUGE, it's going to take a serious commitment to get the complete series...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Otaku JOJO AC may be famous one day JOJO AC may be famous one day JOJO AC's Avatar
    Thanks

You should check out the Fighting Spirit anime then, it has good action and it's PG-13, you cant go wrong with a sports anime.
    Last edited by JOJO AC; Jul 21, 2005 at 07:54 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast