Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Need New Anime Dvd, Help Me!!!!

Otaku whitec may be famous one day whitec may be famous one day whitec's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Need New Anime Dvd, Help Me!!!!

Sorry to make this short.
    Of your first post samurai the list you gave i myself would get FMP!Fumoffu.
    Its funny action packed and has some extra "stuff" than the first one.
    A top notch pick in my eyes. of the written list
    Looking forward to Burst Angel Vol. 3

Otaku ffgirl23 may be famous one day ffgirl23 may be famous one day ffgirl23's Avatar
    Thanks

I would highly recommend Trigun. It has a perfect mix of action and comedy. It was the first anime series I started collecting, and it remains my favorite to this day. I'm pretty sure it isn't rated for over 13...there is a little blood, one scene of nudity (very brief, and it was from behind), and very few curse words. And in my opinion, it has one of the best story lines in anime. It does get pretty dramatic towards the end, but the comedy pretty much remains throughout.

And I remember now, at the top of my lungs in my arms, she dies, she dies.

Controlling you through a chip in your butt since 2004

Otaku esthered may be famous one day esthered may be famous one day esthered's Avatar
    Thanks

Rurouni Kenshin is the classic samurai anime series, but the episode count is so HUGE, it's going to take a serious commitment to get the complete series...
    I agree with that. However to me, Ruroken is one of the best Samurai series ever made. If you want a really good Samurai series, Ruroken is the way to go! However, there's 95 episodes in total, so you may want to rent them one by one, or just buy the whole set.

Angsty Goth Teenager SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128's Avatar
    Thanks

Ok so Armored Soldier VOTOMS is a no. Okay then. I've seen Trigun before and didn't really like it that much. Gundam Seed is amazing which I am thinking about. BTW, can someone send me a trailer of .hack//Legend of Twilight and Armored Soldier VOTOMS incase VOTOMS appeas to me.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

for .hack//Legend of Twilight we have...

Bandai Entertainment product page...
    http://www.bandai-ent.com/products/index.cfm?s=98

Madman (Austrialia) .hack//Legend of Twilight site...
    http://www.madman.com.au/dothack
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Angsty Goth Teenager SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128's Avatar
    Thanks

And for Armored Soldier VOTONS?

Otaku Karn may be famous one day Karn may be famous one day Karn's Avatar
    Thanks

You should check out the Fighting Spirit anime then, it has good action and it's PG-13
    Agreed. Hajime no Ippo (Fighting Spirit) is a great series - and it is about boxing, so there are fights aplenty. Its about 76 episodes, with one movie and one OVA episode, though - so it might cost a lot in the end (when all the Region 1 DVDs come out anyway). Lots of nice comedy scenes as well. It is one of the few anime series I've slightly chuckled aloud about, the other being Slam Dunk.

Another series I'd recommend that has the 13 plus rating on it is Giant Robo which finally got an r1 dvd release a while back. Its my favorite anime series ever, and it has a lot of great action scenes (there aren't that many robot vs. robot fights - maybe 4 total, but there are a lot of super strong "human" characters fighting each other, or fighting robots). It also has a sophisticated storyline and lots of characterization, too.
    Last edited by Karn; Jul 23, 2005 at 06:01 PM.

Thanks

See I don't like boxing. I like the stuff like Tekken... and Street Fighter.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast