Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Neon Genesis Evangelion

Otaku JOJO AC may be famous one day JOJO AC may be famous one day JOJO AC's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Neon Genesis Evangelion

well, i have been told by some hard core eva fans i know, that at the end of the Eva movie, Azuka is actually Rei and Misato combined, most got this conclusion because in the last part when just Shinji and Azuka were left in the world, Azuka had Brown eyes instead of her regular blue eyes, either way, both the series and movie endings are pretty confusing.

Otaku Tenseiga may be famous one day Tenseiga may be famous one day Tenseiga's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The King of Fashion
    Okay well I just love everybody, and it would be kind of gross if Shinji, and Rei got together because Rei is pretty much the reincarnated form of his mother. And I know Kaworu is a guy. I'm bisexual so what do you expect? HE'S HOT.
    Some people believe that she's his mother but I do not. I just believe that she reminded Gendo of his wife plus how could she be her reincarnation if she was born before Yui Ikari died?

Newbie minizuki may be famous one day minizuki may be famous one day minizuki's Avatar
    Thanks

it's very confusing i got lost to

Keeping you in suspense! The King of Fashion may be famous one day The King of Fashion may be famous one day The King of Fashion's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tenseiga
    Some people believe that she's his mother but I do not. I just believe that she reminded Gendo of his wife plus how could she be her reincarnation if she was born before Yui Ikari died?
    Well not really reincarnation, but a replacement of Yui for Gendo. Also Rei was born after Yui's death because when Gendo made her, he totally ignored Shinji after the birth of Rei, and the only thing that kept Gendo interested in Shinji was Yui. After Yui died, Gendo pretty much forgot everything about Shinji. That reminds me, but not only did Gendo have to replace Yui with Rei, but Rei with more Rei's, since Rei died a lot throughout her life. Gendo is such a sad character.
    ~Praise me! Extol me! My beauty is unparalleled!~
    Thanks for the signature, Zackraa It's fashion-tastic

Fangirl Missing in Action Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai's Avatar
    Thanks

Rei is a clone of Yui and Lilith (2nd Angel - Giant white thing on the cross in TD)
    So biologically, Rei's is half his mother. That's just freaky, I like to think of her as being particually his sister, so while I'm usually all for love in all it's shapes (heck I'm a huge Shounen-ai fan and I like the pairing of Sara and Setsuna from Angel Sanctuary, which is incest too) but anything happening between Shinji and Rei freaks me out.

Besides... I prefer him with Kaworu

Anyway.
    As for the ending. This is how I see it, and it's the only way I understand it too.

Basically it's about the Human Completion Project (or the Instrumentality Project - English ADV Dub) ie: Third Impact, taking place.
    In Third Impact, through the Angels, the Evas and other things I've forgetten about (it's been years since I last watched Eva) Humanity 'evolves' merging together into one single being, kind of like a God in a way. Through this evolution, people's AT Fields, which is like the barrier of their souls, that keep others out is melted away and everyone's mind and soul (their bodies return to LCL, Lilith's Blood, that yellow liquid) and becomes one with eachother.
    Like one giant huge 'We are one, we are the world' thing.
    The TV Series focuses on the pyschological aspect of Third Impact, the breaking down of AT Fields of the main four characters (Shinji, Asuka, Rei and Misato) and 'resolving' all their issues and angst before joining with the rest of humainity.

The movie shows the phyiscal side of Third Impact, where you see a similar process of breaking down the AT Fields, but the outcome of Third Impact is different from the series.

I believe it's hard to fully understand the series without taking the movie into consideration. Even through the movie is pretty much just a big 'up yours' from Anno to the fans who didn't like the TV series ending, it makes the series ending alot clearer.

I hope that makes some amount of sense. My Evangelion knowledge is getting rusty.
    Last edited by Hikari Sakurai; Aug 19, 2005 at 04:10 AM.

Leader of the Fangirl Conspiracy

Because teasing boys is so much fun.

[ Minitokyo| Doki Doki | My AO Gallery | Request a Siggy ]
    "Bisshies make Hikari happy"

Keeping you in suspense! The King of Fashion may be famous one day The King of Fashion may be famous one day The King of Fashion's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hikari Sakurai
    Rei is a clone of Yui and Lilith (2nd Angel - Giant white thing on the cross in TD)
    So biologically, Rei's is half his mother. That's just freaky, I like to think of her as being particually his sister, so while I'm usually all for love in all it's shapes (heck I'm a huge Shounen-ai fan and I like the pairing of Sara and Setsuna from Angel Sanctuary, which is incest too) but anything happening between Shinji and Rei freaks me out.

Besides... I prefer him with Kaworu

I believe it's hard to fully understand the series without taking the movie into consideration. Even through the movie is pretty much just a big 'up yours' from Anno to the fans who didn't like the TV series ending, it makes the series ending alot clearer.
    - Well Rei could be considered an Eva herself because she is man in man's own image. She was made by man, but not one. Well that's what I think at least.

- Yeah. Shinji and Kaworu go nicely. He probably thinks differently about women now because of the crazy ones surrounding him like Asuka, Rei, and Misato.

-Well I heard that the movie was a replacement for episodes 25 and 26 in the original series. And yes, this was made because of the fans because I heard most hated it, and wanted something better. I even heard he got death threats.
    ~Praise me! Extol me! My beauty is unparalleled!~
    Thanks for the signature, Zackraa It's fashion-tastic

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

One thing to keep in mind with the original episodes 25 and 26, is that half way through the showing of 'Neon Genisis Evangelion' on late night prime time TV, the major corporate sponser pulled out because of 'issues' with the series, which basicly left Studio GAINEX with no cash flow to complete the series as planned. The EVA movies was only made possible on the strength of merchandise and VHS/DVD sales after the TV series has finished it's run...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Newbie scsa20 may be famous one day scsa20 may be famous one day
    Thanks

hmm... this series confused me when I first watched it, but after watching it over a couple of times and doing research, I understand the meaning of the ending a little bit. Not going to say though
    NO ONE CAN TOUCH IT, ONLY ME, ME I SAY! *pets my cameras*

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast