Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Neon Genesis Evangelion:Anime and Manga Differences

Newbie Majin Fefnir 13 may be famous one day Majin Fefnir 13 may be famous one day Majin Fefnir 13's Avatar
    Thanks

Question Neon Genesis Evangelion:Anime and Manga Differences

I was wondering what are the differences between the anime and manga?

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

Spoiler alert.... Moving...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Otaku AnimeFreaks may be famous one day AnimeFreaks may be famous one day AnimeFreaks's Avatar
    Thanks
    Umm... well for one thing there are some few extra things of course. And there are some changes of the same certain events. For example. In the anime version, Asuka asked Shinji to kiss her because she was bored. In the manga, Shinji tries to kiss Asuka w/o her permission. So stuff like that.

Fangirl Missing in Action Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai's Avatar
    Thanks
    I've read up to volume 9 of the manga and the major differences I found were actually only a few things

1. There are less angels... only around 13 I think.

2. Shinji is alot more bearble in the manga, hardles whines, doesn't listen to music alone, handles situlations much more differently (for example, he nearly punches Gendo flat in the face had Kaji not stopped him) and just seems more normal and happier.

3. What happens to Touji after the 13th Angel/Unit 03 dummy plug incident is much different

4. Kaworu appears in the story much earlier, while Asuka is still sane and up and about.... plus Shinji doesn't like Kaoru at all... in fact, it'll be safe to say that in this stage of the story... he seems to hate him.
    (the fangirl in me was very saddened when I read that)

Leader of the Fangirl Conspiracy

Because teasing boys is so much fun.

[ Minitokyo| Doki Doki | My AO Gallery | Request a Siggy ]
    "Bisshies make Hikari happy"

Newbie Majin Fefnir 13 may be famous one day Majin Fefnir 13 may be famous one day Majin Fefnir 13's Avatar
    Thanks
    Is the manga still going and many volumes are there so far?

Fangirl Missing in Action Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai's Avatar
    Thanks
    As far as I know it's still ongoing in Japan.

Evangelion isn't one of my favourite manga so I don't really pay it much attention anymore.... but I think it's still going, Sadamoto just draws really slowly.

I have no idea where the story is currently up to in Japan, but VIZ are releasing it in English and they are up to volume 9 (when Kaworu makes his first appearance, and when Asuka is mind raped by the angel) The end of volume 9 if I remember rightly is just beginning to get into Rei's contact with Armsiel (16th Angel) so the story is nearly finished.

Judging on the speed Sadamoto works at, expect this manga to be finishing in another 2 or so years... if at all.

Leader of the Fangirl Conspiracy

Because teasing boys is so much fun.

[ Minitokyo| Doki Doki | My AO Gallery | Request a Siggy ]
    "Bisshies make Hikari happy"

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks
    well let's wait for two more years lol.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks
    At the moment, Viz comics has only released up to Volume 9 (If they've released volume 10, I can't find it online or in any bookstore).

Quote Originally Posted by ketaro
    well let's wait for two more years lol.
    Lets hope not.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast