Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: neon genisis evangelion

ruler of mune667 deaths_raver667 may be famous one day deaths_raver667 may be famous one day deaths_raver667's Avatar
    Thanks

neon genisis evangelion

ok first of all, i did search this but found the old thread locked.

i thought i would start another thread on this a unfortunately i didn't get to put my 2 cents into the last, and i really love evangelion.

aside from pokemon (which i thought was shite and rarely watched) evangelion was my first ever anime, and it struck a cord with me. i instantly loved the story, my favourite charactor was shinji as i could connect to him as our way of life and our attitudes where and are very similar (save for the fact that i don't pilot an eva).
    and then in the 12th video i literally fell in love with kaoru. i find that with evangelion that the characters are so well done that the writers have obviously looked at what really makes their charactors them. i think it's supperb, i love the animation too.
    in my mind it's fantastic, it's my favourite!!
    what about in your mind?
    i am the urban monky
    look to the mune

Otaku Ensui may be famous one day Ensui may be famous one day Ensui's Avatar
    Thanks
    i loved it, but a lot of people hated it. it's just one of those either u like the deep complex story or u hate it because u think it's stupid. some say rei is creepy, but i think she's hot. this anime is so full of extreme sides. don't get much other animes like this.

Newbie shinkusanagi may be famous one day shinkusanagi may be famous one day shinkusanagi's Avatar
    Thanks
    I loved Evangelion also. The characters was cool and the storline was deep. Espeaically the end of Evangelion eps

"RESISTANCE IS FLAMMABLE. NO ONE CAN SNUFF MY FLAME!"

Otaku thevampirealacrud may be famous one day thevampirealacrud may be famous one day thevampirealacrud's Avatar
    Thanks
    Evangelion was a very basic anime not much of a thought out plot, but it turned into a masterpiece of animation and art. The series eventually got better as they introduced some better more interesting characters, despite how much i like the scene where shinjii goes to drop off Rei's new security card, shinjii's first "naked woman" expiriance, where he acts like an idiot, my favorite scene is when Rei smiles after shinjii saves her by pulling her from the plug. She has a beautiful smile, she and shinjii should have gotten it on but they hade to make Rei a clone that has part of his mother in it..... ****.
    "You have the strength and power to control your own destinies...and that is the greatest gift of all." ~Lucia

The Antagonist Eriadd may be famous one day Eriadd may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Ok, Evangelion is a good anime, but it's not really all that awesome. I liked it, yeah, but people that are searching for a 'deeper' meaning are just fooling themselves. It isn't some psychological mind trip, it's just a good show that follows some oddball, but previously used sci-fi storyline.

Otaku Ensui may be famous one day Ensui may be famous one day Ensui's Avatar
    Thanks
    there are too many references and coincidence to simply just disregard that there is something beyond the basic plot.

The Antagonist Eriadd may be famous one day Eriadd may be famous one day
    Thanks
    No, not really. It just has some references. It isn't all it's hyped up to be, though, and the sooner people realize it, the better, I'd say.

ruler of mune667 deaths_raver667 may be famous one day deaths_raver667 may be famous one day deaths_raver667's Avatar
    Thanks
    i'd say that the problem is that mabye your not reading into it enough, if you look at the story line and the flashbacks and the times when shinji goes into his own mind, it's easy to see that there's a lot of depth there. the writers are obviously trying to look at how the human mind miht be affected in this situation and also some of the the things that happen are very metaphorical. it has a whole load of refrences too, you just have to look carefully the second time, that what i found.

Quote Originally Posted by thevampirealacrud
    she and shinjii should have gotten it on but they hade to make Rei a clone that has part of his mother in it..... ****.
    i know what you mean, but i think that the reason they put rei as a clone of his mother is a referance to frued theory that most boys during their young years have some sexual feelings, and i think they were just exploring why this might be. besides when kaworu enterd i thought that shinji might finally have someone he could rely on and love, pity.

Mod EDIT: Don't double post! Use the Edit feature
    i am the urban monky
    look to the mune

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast