Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The New Hurricane

Newbie kiksq may be famous one day kiksq may be famous one day
    Thanks

The New Hurricane

Well well if any one who lives in florida would know that theres another cat 5 hurricane just waiting to hit us and make you all give us your money.
    I live in florida and have yet to experience a hurricane or even hurricane force wind's.
    discuss what you think.

check it out here
    http://www.noaa.gov/
    ! r@p3 y0u !n 3y3

voluntarily left site Alegos may be famous one day Alegos may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: The New Hurricane

Yeah, I saw it on the news the other day, it's supposed to hit by the end of the week. There is hope that it may yet veer off course. Who knows, maybe it'll hit New Orleans again and undo any progress we've made there. But thre's good news, I just saved a bunch of money on my auto insurance by switching to Geico!

I'm glad I live in Wisconsin, the worst we get here is a sporadic tornado (I've yet to actually see or experience one in the immediate area) or a nasty winter. By word of mouth, I've heard that this winter is supposed to be particularily brutal. No eartquakes, no real big floods (at least not in the area I live in), and no Hurricanes, heck, there aren't even very many venomous (to the point of being deadly) animals. ^_^

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alegos
    Yeah, I saw it on the news the other day, it's supposed to hit by the end of the week. There is hope that it may yet veer off course. Who knows, maybe it'll hit New Orleans again and undo any progress we've made there. But thre's good news, I just saved a bunch of money on my auto insurance by switching to Geico!

I'm glad I live in Wisconsin, the worst we get here is a sporadic tornado (I've yet to actually see or experience one in the immediate area) or a nasty winter. By word of mouth, I've heard that this winter is supposed to be particularily brutal. No eartquakes, no real big floods (at least not in the area I live in), and no Hurricanes, heck, there aren't even very many venomous (to the point of being deadly) animals. ^_^
    No nasty winter. I thought its cold and snowy up there? Dont the snow cover last for week there?

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Hurricane Wilma—the season's 21st named storm and 12th hurricane—became the most intense hurricane recorded in the Atlantic Basin on Wednesday with a minimum central pressure of 882 millibars. The Category Five hurricane is forecast to lose some strength before a weekend landfall currently projected to be along the west coast of Florida. Wilma is the final name on the 2005 list of storm names. Any additional tropical storms and hurricanes that form this season will be classified by the NOAA National Hurricane Center using the Greek alphabet, beginning with Alpha. Doing so would be a first since the naming of storms began in 1953.
    Am commencing holding my breath....

Seriously, those of you in Florida do have back up plans right?

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Otaku QueenOfGames may be famous one day QueenOfGames may be famous one day QueenOfGames's Avatar
    Thanks

I wasn't aware the new hurricane was going to be so bad .>_<. All I kept thinking about what how we were going to start the Greek alphabet with Alpha soon.

I hope everything is going to be all right. I have to admit I have the same concern as Arrianna; do those of you in Florida have plans on how you'll deal with the hurricane?

voluntarily left site Alegos may be famous one day Alegos may be famous one day
    Thanks

I don't have any sources other than discussion with other people, but I've heard that this year we're tied (with the inclusion of Wilma) with the current record number of hurricanes in a year.

Quote Originally Posted by kastelic4444
    No nasty winter. I thought its cold and snowy up there? Dont the snow cover last for week there?
    Well, last year the snow stayed on the ground from December to I think March (give or take a month, I didn't really pay attention to the snow by then)... It used to start snowing in October around halloween. I've heard from a lot of people that the winters have been getting shorter and more intense. But the spring, summer, and some of the fall there is nice warm weather here.

Devoted Otaku Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose's Avatar
    Thanks

I saw the news reports this morning... *sigh* The folks down in Florida... Better get out QUICK. I think mother nature is trying to tell us human beings something.

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alegos
    I don't have any sources other than discussion with other people, but I've heard that this year we're tied (with the inclusion of Wilma) with the current record number of hurricanes in a year.

Well, last year the snow stayed on the ground from December to I think March (give or take a month, I didn't really pay attention to the snow by then)... It used to start snowing in October around halloween. I've heard from a lot of people that the winters have been getting shorter and more intense. But the spring, summer, and some of the fall there is nice warm weather here.
    Then why did you say no nasty winters?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast