Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: new Linkin Park music

Otaku Nightwish may be famous one day Nightwish may be famous one day Nightwish's Avatar
    Thanks
    http://www.lpjz.com/

here's the official site. u can get some of the songs off of itunes.

Newbie crapmonster may be famous one day crapmonster may be famous one day crapmonster's Avatar
    Thanks
    seems like another cheap stab from LP to milk more money out of their. they did it with reanimation and it seems they are doin it again with this. though i dont think it sounds bad i would rather hear some actual new material.

Newbie cubist sound may be famous one day cubist sound may be famous one day cubist sound's Avatar
    Thanks
    I personally think that this is a waste of Jay-Z's talent.
    Last edited by cubist sound; Nov 20, 2004 at 07:31 AM.

Otaku Nightwish may be famous one day Nightwish may be famous one day Nightwish's Avatar
    Thanks
    jay-z sucks to begin with. that cigar-smoking asshole should have had nothing to do with LP. LP was great without him and it's an embarrassment towards LP by having that big-lipped faggot join in on not-that-good of music.

Newbie cubist sound may be famous one day cubist sound may be famous one day cubist sound's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwish
    jay-z sucks to begin with. that cigar-smoking asshole should have had nothing to do with LP. LP was great without him and it's an embarrassment towards LP by having that big-lipped faggot join in on not-that-good of music.
    Wow, this post really shows your level of maturity. Do you have any legitimate reason as to why you dislike Jay-Z? I doubt it, you're probably just another one of those ignorant idiots who go on and post about how much you think Hip Hop sucks and all it is is just "talking over a beat". Please, try opening your mind a little bit. Jay-Z is a talented artist, whether you like it or not. And don't be predictable and tell me that "Big Pimpin'" or any of his other singles are devoid of any lyrical talent. This already is obvious to everyone and Jay-Z himself. He even said that he releases those bullshit singles just to sell his records. Besides those commercial singles, the rest of his albums are always quality. It's a shame to see Jay-Z put his lyrical talent to waste with a group like Linkin Park, who only write songs to relate to all the depressed, angsty teenage audience. Chester stated himself that none of the lyrics he writes even relates to him anymore, he just writes it for the fans. Now go ahead and try to tell me that isn't selling out. Linkin Park are too predictable and formulatic, they are anything but great. It's always the 3-5 notes on the guitars, angsty lyrics that sound like they've been taken from a 12 year old's journal, the bridge in the middle of the song (which is either Chester screaming or whining), nothing ever changes. Now I admit that I liked some of Mike's hip hop songs, he is a good lyricist and can lay down some nice rhymes. I don't see why he doesn't do that on any of Linkin Park's albums. But other than that, they are just another nu-metal band.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cubist sound
    Wow, this post really shows your level of maturity. Do you have any legitimate reason as to why you dislike Jay-Z? I doubt it, you're probably just another one of those ignorant idiots who go on and post about how much you think Hip Hop sucks and all it is is just "talking over a beat". Please, try opening your mind a little bit. Jay-Z is a talented artist, whether you like it or not. And don't be predictable and tell me that "Big Pimpin'" or any of his other singles are devoid of any lyrical talent. This already is obvious to everyone and Jay-Z himself. He even said that he releases those bullshit singles just to sell his records. Besides those commercial singles, the rest of his albums are always quality. It's a shame to see Jay-Z put his lyrical talent to waste with a group like Linkin Park, who only write songs to relate to all the depressed, angsty teenage audience. Chester stated himself that none of the lyrics he writes even relates to him anymore, he just writes it for the fans. Now go ahead and try to tell me that isn't selling out. Linkin Park are too predictable and formulatic, they are anything but great. It's always the 3-5 notes on the guitars, angsty lyrics that sound like they've been taken from a 12 year old's journal, the bridge in the middle of the song (which is either Chester screaming or whining), nothing ever changes. Now I admit that I liked some of Mike's hip hop songs, he is a good lyricist and can lay down some nice rhymes. I don't see why he doesn't do that on any of Linkin Park's albums. But other than that, they are just another nu-metal band.
    well, i've followed linkin park before they were even known as linkin park. so i don't know where u get the idea that chester makes lyrics for the fans. this jay-z bullshit, getting out of hand. he has no original talent. he's just another dumbass rapper attemping poetry, trying to sell records. as i recall, linkin park didn't need singles to get high in the charts or to make money. they made it by just making regular albums. now if they have a aingle album, fine tell me then. inform me of this. but i've yet to see one. anyways, jay-z has and always will be, a wanna-be poet with beats that go along with it. my question to u is, Is it really music? is rap or hip-hop for that matter, really music? answer me this.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwish
    well, i've followed linkin park before they were even known as linkin park. so i don't know where u get the idea that chester makes lyrics for the fans. this jay-z bullshit, getting out of hand. he has no original talent. he's just another dumbass rapper attemping poetry, trying to sell records. as i recall, linkin park didn't need singles to get high in the charts or to make money. they made it by just making regular albums. now if they have a aingle album, fine tell me then. inform me of this. but i've yet to see one. anyways, jay-z has and always will be, a wanna-be poet with beats that go along with it. my question to u is, Is it really music? is rap or hip-hop for that matter, really music? answer me this.
    We're talking post-Hybrid Theory days. Did you even read my post thoroughly? You are so hard-headed and won't accept anything that you don't want to believe. Hip Hop is music, commercial rap is just bullshit. I doubt that you've even heard any real hip hop, outside of the material that plays on the radio and television. Stop being so ignorant. There's nothing more I can say to you. The reason why you probably started thinking that hip hop is bullshit is because you started being like everyone else and began comparing hip hop to rock music when they are two totally different genres. Comparing hip hop to rock is like comparing electronica to country. They just don't have anything in common and should be kept away from any comparisons. And by you're insulting hip hop, you are basically insulting Mike. Mike originated from the hip hop community and was influenced by artists like Beastie Boys, Public Enemy, Run-D.M.C, A Tribe Called Quest, The Roots, etc. Oh no, here it comes "But Mike writes meaningful lyrics, and raps in a different way!". I've heard it all before. You people need to find some more excuses besides the tired "I can relate to it so it's good music" nonsense. "You don't know if those are right! You're not even a Linkin Park fan!". I do know those facts are right because I've heard Mike state these things himself. You see, I used to be a HUGE Linkin Park fan around the time "Hybrid Theory" was released. Sadly, I still know a lot of things about the band that you probably don't. But I've moved on and began to listen to better music. You really are a hypocrite to go on and insult hip hop when it is a major part of Linkin Park's sound.

And I already stated in my post to NOT be predictable and have a legitimate reason as to why you dislike Jay-Z. I still haven't seen it yet. The things that you said has already been done and said before over and over by everyone else. And again, stop being so hard-headed. Jay-Z does have talent but you don't want to see it for yourself. He is both musically and lyrically talented. But you obviously don't understand the basis of hip hop music and the meaning of it. You are just like everyone else and want to believe that all it is, is just people writing about their rims, woman, drugs, violence, and sex. Why don't you do a little more research and then you can go and try to tell me like it is? There is a lot more to hip hop, but the commercial rap and sugar-coated, packaged hip hop is plagueing the name of it and that is all you see. You don't even bother to give any other hip hop artists a chance, the ones who stay true to the roots of the art. The ones who hardly or even never get any airplay because they don't rap about relationships, being cheated on, drinking, clubbing, and shouting over a crunk beat. It's actually rather ironic because the artists who stay true to the roots of hip hop don't ever get any shine and the ones who are just using it as a means to gain celebrity status and money are the ones who are recognized. It's disgusting really. And since you wanted me to explain to you, the art of hip hop lies in the lyrics. Sadly, that part of it is ignored now and people these days only want to hear watered down music with simple lyrics. Hip hop's lyrics were supposed to be about your character, your roots, rebellion, your style, your art, speaking your mind, just being youself. The lyrics were complex and contained imagery, clever metaphors, and rhyming techniques. But we don't see that anymore. All people see is the violence, sex, drugs, woman, and people bragging about their money. It's sad how hip hop has been packaged, commercialized, and advertised but there is not much anyone can do now. Hip hop was once taken seriously by everyone, including rock artists, especially early heavy metal bands. Now it's just become a joke, a corporate scheme that's used to milk money out of people. There are the handful of artists who stay true to hip hop and that includes Mike and Jay-Z.

Now I hope you get at least some of this through your thick head.
    Last edited by cubist sound; Nov 20, 2004 at 10:31 AM.

Otaku FallenOne may be famous one day FallenOne may be famous one day FallenOne's Avatar
    Thanks
    holy ish guys its not that serious. Ive been a linkin park fan from the beginning too, and they always do that 'realase a cd, do the remixes, release a cd, do the remixes' thing, get used to it. And though they occasionally miss the mark they are usually right on track and are one of my favorite bands. No need to get too upset over this jay z thing... hell he's retiring anyway.

The end is important in all things.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast