Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: For new and old wallers....

Witch Hunter GallComp may be famous one day GallComp may be famous one day GallComp's Avatar
    Thanks

For new and old wallers....

Well this is most a public announcement than anything, but it may turn out a good conversation point...

Just want to remind everyone for your own good, put a signature/slogan on every single one of your works. That will not only give you credit for the hard work spent in your images, but also will help you avoid rippings as much as possible. It is not a 100% effective technique, but at least it make it more easy to spot rippers on the net, because most of them don't even know how to erase those signtures from the walls....

Also unless is a special-made wallpaper, try to make them in one of the most common standard sizes like 800x600, 1024x768, 1280x964, 1280x1024, 1600x1200... Images that don't meet those standard sizes are most of the time taken as less-pro from people that evaluate work...

If you are going to evaluate someone else's job, try to at least leave a comment of what you think. Remember that if you post something, you do it because you want feedback on what is wrong with your work, even if its bad feedback. Note: No, the site has not changed their point of view about comments and ratings, this is just a rant about what will be the propper conduct of a member....

the first two points are good for taking in consideration because iit will benefit you in the long run....

Domme Kasai may be famous one day Kasai may be famous one day Kasai's Avatar
    Thanks
    Gall....wish you couldve posted this..before one of my walls was ripped. But glad you're doing it now.
    Seduced by Flesh

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks
    Yes this is an interresting topic. I always put my name on my wall's, an everyone should. But i also hide my name in the wall, u have to look really hard to find it so, it'd take a pro to rip one. Prehaps if people start hiding there names, and putting their names in plain veiw it could avoid confusion. When someone try's to rip a wall simply go to where u hid ur name and bam they've been caught.
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

Fangirl Missing in Action Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai's Avatar
    Thanks
    Yeah..... I've been signing my works for as long as I can remember. I've been ripped about two times, and both times the ripper didn't even crop out the signature. Most rippers are plain stupid

Oh and isn't the res size 1280x960... instead or 1280x964.
    Am I wrong or was that just a typo.

Leader of the Fangirl Conspiracy

Because teasing boys is so much fun.

[ Minitokyo| Doki Doki | My AO Gallery | Request a Siggy ]
    "Bisshies make Hikari happy"

Otaku Rodion may be famous one day Rodion may be famous one day Rodion's Avatar
    Thanks
    Hopefully one day the JPEG or PNG format can be enhanced to contain a special "unerasable" layer for signatures/copyright info, like the sort of thing that more secure PDF files have, so that issues like ripping will happen less because the effort in doing the rip (i.e. hack that special layer) will be too much for most rippers (yes, expert or die-hard rippers will still rip, but for what? Most oftentimes, if it doesn't earn them money, they won't bother ripping...the main reason DVD-ripping is cool for some rippers is they actually earn some money off it). Currently the greatest come-on for would-be wallie rippers is the simple fact that it's so easy to do it with such an "open" graphics standard/format like JPEG etc.

-RODION
    "Reserve your right to think, for even to think wrongly is better than not to think at all."
    - Hypatia of Alexandria

Otaku paiki may be famous one day paiki may be famous one day paiki's Avatar
    Thanks
    Problably this day won´t come... since bits are bits, everything can be changed... so just put a good signature to difficult ppl try copying your good job
    If you don´t care about it, just put a small watermark

About this default sizes GallComp, i think its a problem: coz, i use 1024x768, but i create a lot of MSN Messenger BG... and it is usually 640x480 ou 800x600... and on POcketPCS its something 300x450.... so i don´t put it on gallery...

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GallComp
    If you are going to evaluate someone else's job, try to at least leave a comment of what you think. Remember that if you post something, you do it because you want feedback on what is wrong with your work, even if its bad feedback. Note: No, the site has not changed their point of view about comments and ratings, this is just a rant about what will be the propper conduct of a member....
    Ay-Men to that.

Banned lord nikon may be famous one day lord nikon may be famous one day lord nikon's Avatar
    Thanks
    Pretecting our arts, well thanks.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast