Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The new problems with AO

Otaku AnimeAficianado may be famous one day AnimeAficianado may be famous one day AnimeAficianado's Avatar
    Thanks

The new problems with AO

Ok, here's whats going on, lately i see a big decline in AO, some of the mod's who i will not curently name, are beggining to act very hostily towards members, and are being very mean. I liked the old AO where everyone was nice, now i only see a few mod's who are actually considerate, which is not neccessary but would be very much appreciated. I'm going to officialy request that the mod's who are being so mean lately to ease up a little and be a little nicer, or, if things will remain as bad as they are or worsen, to please just ban me now, because as much as i love AO, i hate what it's becoming. So please, either help return AO to it's former great self, or just get rid of me now. I don't want to be a part of a forum that only put's down it's members and destroys what they like. If forums are for the members, why get rid of what members like? The Poem and FanFic section, i thought forums were a service to the memvers on it, well apparently not anymore since everyone liked it but it was taken out anyway. Well, that's all i wanted to say. Any mod's who read this be sure to make your decision to ban me or not, but since half the mod's ARE mean i can take a good guess i will be banned, so, i'm ready.

M A S T E R Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: The new problems with AO

I've said it once, twice, a thousand times, and I guess I'll say it yet again.

If you have a problem with the way the site is run or with the conduct of the moderation staff, please address your problems by private messageto the administrators. However, if you simply must air your grievances in a public rant, the place to do this would be your AO journal and NOT in a thread.

You are not going to be banned for being dissatisfied with the site, as there is no rule saying you must be blissfully content with the content. But I do ask that you go through the proper channels with your issues.

As for your issues:

1) Just come out and name some names, for the love of God. If, for example, you don't like how I handle myself, pop off a PM to Cybergig1 saying, "I don't like how Zui Quan is conducting himself as a moderator and here are some examples..." Don't just come out in public with the vagueness of "some mods are mean and would they stop it." That isn't going to do a darn bit of good.

2) As for the FANFICTION/poetry section, I'll come right out and tell you that I was the one who asked for its removal. Originally, AO didn't have such a section, then it was added when folks wanted to post up their anime fanfics. We started allowing poetry when the number of fanfics decreased and the call was to allow some poems. Unfortunately, there are no more fanfics and the section evolved into an area being used by only five or six people mostly for the purpose of flirting with each other. I felt that it was a waste of a forum section when the lovebirds could do the same thing with the AO journals, plus they could comment and/or spam all they wanted in the journals.
    Last edited by Zui Quan; Sep 18, 2005 at 10:07 AM.
    Clan? What Clan?
    I'm the Master. I need no Clan.

Idiot Impaler Agent Orange 216 may be famous one day Agent Orange 216 may be famous one day Agent Orange 216's Avatar
    Thanks

Hehe... Content with the content.
    I don't understand this bitching, but uh, more power to ya for trying to create a revolution or somethin'... I guess.
    The Last Remaining Realist.

See Dick Buy Beer, See Dick not Tip, See Dick try again, See Dick Go thirsty. Moral of the Story: Don't be a Dick.

AO co-founder Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm going to be straight with you. You've been here since May. You dont know anything about the good old days to even start to complain. You also seem to know zero about the rules.

As for the poem and fanfic section 10 people went there. And I've already stated we are an ANIME forum. Anything else is just to try and is temporary. If it doesn't work it doesn't work. You sir are simply whining. If you want a poetry forum you need to FIND a poetry Forum. And sorry but I've had plenty of really sorry grandstanders like this, the last thing I'll do is pacify you. You may leave its a simple as that, your no marty, you haven't been here long enough to know much of anything about anything as it stands. One of but a thousand passerby's as far as the grand scheme of things are concerned.
    Last edited by Cybergig1; Sep 18, 2005 at 10:06 AM.

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Otaku AnimeAficianado may be famous one day AnimeAficianado may be famous one day AnimeAficianado's Avatar
    Thanks

I was here before the crash, i know how it used to be, but i dont care, i liked AO when mods were nice, like Zui just was for not banneing me so i can get this out, and you for justthe same, but it's just that, a lot of people are complaining as well im just the only one to say it out loud in a thread so everyone can see it. So everyone is planning to leave AO and i just want to help keep AO as good as it used to be, but if i cant then i guess i can only sit back and watch it fall.

AO co-founder Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1's Avatar
    Thanks

You were only here when it was AO so again you know nothing that I'm talking about. Your dramatic meloncholy is truly making me nausious. Sorry but you are crying the same thing I've heard from about 6 others who grandstanded over the course of the last 5 years who swore to "see the light" or "forsee the downfall"

Overdramatized nonsense. The forum is what it is if people dont like it they go elsewhere THAT is why there are hundreds of thousands of forums. People find one that fits them you dont fit a forum to match everyone in the world.

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Thanks

I guess, im sorry for it but, i loved AO, reguardless of how long i was here, it was great, but now it's just being ruined in my eyes, and i didn't want to see that happen. I've made a lot of good friends here, and i'd like to stay friends with them if at all possible, but if this is what's happening to AO, i guess i have no choice but to either stay or leave... I'm goin to stay and see what happens because it's a hard decision to make to leave AO, but i don't want to stay where im not exactly wanted, and from the vibes i keep gettin from almost all of the higher ups, i just don't know.

M A S T E R Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeAficianado
    So everyone is planning to leave AO and i just want to help keep AO as good as it used to be, but if i cant then i guess i can only sit back and watch it fall.

I wish I had a nickel for everytime someone became unhappy and said this. I'd have enough money for the soda machine at work.

But seriously, the site is constantly evolving. Today we nuke the FANFICTION area, but tomorrow we might add something much, much cooler. If people want to go elsewhere because we no longer have a place for poetry threads, then they should go where they are happy. AO has survived ownership changes, DOS attacks, even a full-scale meltdown by an idiotic server host. It's not going to "fall."
    Clan? What Clan?
    I'm the Master. I need no Clan.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast