Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: the new warning system

Legendary Otaku Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra's Avatar
    Thanks

the new warning system

OK guys seeingas some of you don't understand why this was put into place.

So here is how it works. you can see your own warning level. If you notice your warning level going up and you don't know why you can click on the warning percentage to see why you got warned and for what reason. If its something major such as spamming, flaming or what not. the staff member that warns you will send you a PM. After you get the warnings that have been set. you will be automaticly ban from the site. no if ands or buts about it.

If you feel like you were warned for a wrong reaso contat Gig or myself and we will handle it. do not goto the mod asking why you were warned when you can find out for yourself.

These warnings will be soon set to user group permissions the more warnings you get the more permission you loose on the site. Gallery/arade/journal even board viewing your favorate forum on the site.

This was set in place not because of some members acting up. but for the staff to keep track of what is going on on the site.So the members that posted in the "warning?" topic don't think this was put in because of you.

Last but not lease. this is to make AO a better place and to keep people on their tose.about the rules of the site. if you get warned I suggest you read the forum rules before you post in another topic or start a new thread to see why you got warned and what you can do to prevent it from happening again.

this is a pre made hack. but I will be redoing it to make it where if you flame a member all your posts will go int o post modoration. meaning one of the site staff will read it before it is posted onto the board. this alo gos for spamming and Pusedo modding. so watch your step ^_^

Newbie dragonhead33 may be famous one day dragonhead33 may be famous one day dragonhead33's Avatar
    Thanks
    hey this is nice!!!! nice job

jsut like to ask how can i contribute money from this site pls tell me?
    Last edited by frr_Vegeta; Oct 31, 2005 at 07:40 PM. Reason: Don't double post -_-

Angsty Goth Teenager SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: the new warning system

I've seen this on other forums, good to know it's been added! :thumbs2:

Otaku NightFox may be famous one day NightFox may be famous one day NightFox's Avatar
    Thanks

Really nice new feature. Now members should start to act like they supposed earlyer cos' they know how much they have afford to play around.

this is a pre made hack. but I will be redoing it to make it where if you flame a member all your posts will go int o post modoration.
    meaning one of the site staff will read it before it is posted onto the board. this alo gos for spamming and Pusedo modding. so watch your step
    Post moderation will surely subtract flaming post but maybe it will sometimes make conversation harder to keep up. But thats is a minor problem.
    Please correct me if I'm right but was pseudo modding same as correcting other members?
    And If you can give me an exsample what is allowed and what is not, I would be very happy.

These warnings will be soon set to user group permissions the more warnings you get the more permission you loose on the site.
    Gallery/arade/journal even board viewing your favorate forum on the site.
    One last question, are you going to give us list in where we can see what we are going to loose after " warning number x"?
    This is really good way to make sure that members will obey rules much much more. They don't wanna loose anything...
    I suppose that there is going to be a way to get those permissions back, right?

Really usefull hack and I'll just wait and see how effective it really is.
    GJ Lord K

Love hurts...trust me I know, I really do...

Legendary Otaku Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NightFox
    Really nice new feature. Now members should start to act like they supposed earlyer cos' they know how much they have afford to play around.

Post moderation will surely subtract flaming post but maybe it will sometimes make conversation harder to keep up. But thats is a minor problem.
    Please correct me if I'm right but was pseudo modding same as correcting other members?
    And If you can give me an exsample what is allowed and what is not, I would be very happy.
    Pusedo modding is acing ike a Mod of the site so if I wasn't a member of staff and I told you "there is an edit button thats better then double posting" or if you go into a thread you don't like and at the end of the post you make you say "Closed" then you are pusedo modding.

Quote Originally Posted by NightFox
    One last question, are you going to give us list in where we can see what we are going to loose after " warning number x"?
    This is really good way to make sure that members will obey rules much much more. They don't wanna loose anything...
    I suppose that there is going to be a way to get those permissions back, right?

Really usefull hack and I'll just wait and see how effective it really is.
    GJ Lord K
    As for the list of groups this will wait till I get the group settigns working right. but I will list the groups and what permissions you will loose

Otaku NightFox may be famous one day NightFox may be famous one day NightFox's Avatar
    Thanks

Ok, thanks alot for answers. Know I what I have to do to avoid pseudo modding

Love hurts...trust me I know, I really do...

Thanks

I have added another reason for warnings. I have had 4 people PM me about "OMG I have a warning meter did I do something bad" without even reading this section first. So Before you PM me with "whats this do" before reading the annoucment forum it will get you a warning up. I am busy person and i don't have time to answer all your questions. why I post in this section on new updates and what not to the site.

Newbie dragonhead33 may be famous one day dragonhead33 may be famous one day dragonhead33's Avatar
    Thanks

hey lord katsuhito i have deleted my group membership can you put my warning out pls......

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast