Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New York A**holes

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

New York A**holes

Just when you think nothing in this world is shocking anymore, this comes along..

---------------------

For the last week New York's radio channel Hot 97 has been running a hideously unfunny and offensive skit named the "Tsunami Song," that ridicules the victims of the Tsunami as "chinks" whose children will now be sold into child slavery. It's being played on the station's morning show, hosted by Miss Jones.

It's also featured on their website,
    this is a direct link to the mp3: http://www.hot97.com/av/audio/mornin..._Indonesia.mp3

Here are some choice lyrics:

"..All at once you could hear the screaming chinks
    and no one was safe fromthe wave
    there were africans drowning, little chinamen swept away
    you could hear god laughing, "swim you bitches swim"
    So now you're screwed, it's the Tsunami
    you better run or kiss your ass away, go find your mommy
    I just saw her float by, a tree went through her head
    and now the children will be sold to child slavery..."

What a buch of ****ING morons.

You may know that one of that show's other hosts, Miss Info, is Asian. She voiced her displeasure with the skit and got into a heated on-air argument with Miss Jones about it. But so far Hot 97 hasn't acknowledged that here's anything wrong with it, and they continue to air it everyday.

I bet there would be trouble if it was about 9/11, but nooo. This is one of the reasons the U.S is hated by so many people.

Here's the stations address in case you wanna flame them. I know I will.

HOT 97
    395 Hudson St. 7th Fl.
    New York, NY 10014

(212) 229-9797

[email protected]

Legendary Otaku Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra's Avatar
    Thanks
    they should ban that show from the airwaves for playing shit like that

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks
    The jerks at hot 97 made a statement:

"OFFICIAL STATEMENT ON AIRING OF TSUNAMI PARODY SONG
    January 21, 2005

HOT 97 regrets the airing of material that made light of a serious and tragic event. We apologize to our listeners and anyone who was offended.

HOT97 takes pride in its community involvement and in the last few weeks has joined with broadcasters nationwide to raise money for victims of the Tsunami. Our relief effort will result in a substantial cash donation.

As an additional sign of HOT 97’s commitment to the cause, Miss Jones in the Morning, along with her entire staff, have agreed to contribute one week’s pay to Tsunami Relief efforts.

If you wish to make a further comment, you can send an e-mail to the program director [email protected] or you can write to WQHT, 395 Hudson Street, 7th Floor, New York, N.Y. 10014."

I would guess after word got out on the internet about this, they (deservedly) got a flood of hate mail.

Otaku white_shadow may be famous one day white_shadow may be famous one day
    Thanks
    That's totally uncalled for.

They should give a month's worth of salary instead of a week. XD

Otaku Electrastar may be famous one day Electrastar may be famous one day Electrastar's Avatar
    Thanks
    Just goes to show you how much some people don't really care for their fellow man...For some people evreything is a joke...I mean have a little damn compassion...the Americans do seem to forget what happened to them....they shouldn't make fun of another country's tragedies, I know I didn't laugh when I saw the buildings crashing down on the morning of 9/11

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks
    Man......are you serious? Terrible. I've never been to New York but i would imagine a city that's been through its share of tragedys would have better taste and a deeper understanding about something so horrible as the Tsunami.

Otaku ex-paranoia may be famous one day ex-paranoia may be famous one day ex-paranoia's Avatar
    Thanks
    HEy man, it's New York, you're going to find tons of people like that. It's sad, but it's reality..

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks
    Ye they should've never played crap like that.. tick's me off
    But i think they should've recieved more hate mail than they did.
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast