Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: newbie alert

Otaku deidre_the_goddess may be famous one day deidre_the_goddess may be famous one day deidre_the_goddess's Avatar
    i came from a place no one has ever gone..
    Thanks

Wink

deidre_the_goddess thinks you're avatar is really so cute....
    hahaha.....
    i dont really like history though sometimes i makes me so interesting,,, i think everyone thinks so!!!! good luck in becoming a university professior^_^

Newbie innocent_angel may be famous one day innocent_angel may be famous one day innocent_angel's Avatar
    Thanks
    ^_^ Thank you all, I hope to have fun here. I know history is not one of the most popular fields out there, in fact I've gotten several o.O looks from my family, but I think that had more to do with the sheer number of those studying history in my family, last count there was four including myself.

Thanks again,
    ~Innocent_angel
    I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you. I love you not only for what you have made of yourself, but for what you are making of me. I love you for the part of me that you bring out.
    Elizabeth Barrett Browning
    English poet, political thinker, and feminist 1806-1861

Kindness is loving people more than they deserve.
    Joseph Joubert
    French moralist, 1754-1824

Newbie nukelizard may be famous one day nukelizard may be famous one day nukelizard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Nice to see another history-head actually admit it. I am majoring in Management with a minor in Military History. But why are people so enthralled with things that are dead, gone, and buried? Sometimes there are lessons to be learned from history, but what does knowing the exact location and method of the first successful widget fabrication have to do with my life?

Any history buffs out there care to share?

Newbie innocent_angel may be famous one day innocent_angel may be famous one day innocent_angel's Avatar
    Thanks
    Actually my history professor said it best this year. A while ago he was asked why study history, the pat answer many come up with is, "We study history to learn from our past mistakes so we won't repeat them." Ha!!! if that was the case we'd have stopped war centuries ago... his reason for learning history is that there are things repeated throughout, but if we study them we'll see that while those times had been hard, people made it through and showed perserverance. Perhaps we can learn from that.
    I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you. I love you not only for what you have made of yourself, but for what you are making of me. I love you for the part of me that you bring out.
    Elizabeth Barrett Browning
    English poet, political thinker, and feminist 1806-1861

Kindness is loving people more than they deserve.
    Joseph Joubert
    French moralist, 1754-1824

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2