Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: NewType's Top 25 Anime

Otaku nova may be famous one day nova may be famous one day nova's Avatar
    Thanks

Talking NewType's Top 25 Anime

If you haven't seen the mag yet, here's the run through....

NewType's Top 25 Anime

1. Neon Genesis Evangelion
    2. Coboy Bebop
    3. Inuyasha
    4. Trigun
    5. Rurouni Kenshin
    6. Fruits Basket
    7. Robotech
    8. Ranma 1/2
    9. Love Hina
    10.Sailor Moon
    11.Hellsing
    12.FLCL
    13.Fushigi Yugi
    14.Chobits
    15.Akira
    16.Tenchi Muyo!
    17.Azumanga Daioh
    18.Initial D
    19.Dragon Ball Z
    20.Vision of Escaflowne
    21.Full Metal Panic!
    22.Gundam Seed
    23.Wolf's RAin
    24.CardCaptor Sakura
    25. Excel Saga

www.newtype-usa.com

This is directly from the website....

The readers voted, and Newtype USA counted! To celebrate its second year of publication, Newtype USA ran a three-month open ballot on readers’ top anime of all time. After hand-counting more than 11,700 votes, the results are in.
    Most of the titles I thought would be on there were. But I'm a little disappointed Last Exile didn't make it on the list, or Read or Die...or Naruto? I'm not even a Naruto fan, but I'm a little shocked about that one. I was sure Cowboy Bebop would be at the top. I'm sure we'll see Rurouni on top next year.

Thoughts, anyone?
    Last edited by nova; Nov 29, 2004 at 02:00 PM.

Newbie HRob may be famous one day HRob may be famous one day HRob's Avatar
    Thanks
    i've only seen half of those tittles... Evangelion it's a good pick for number one (great anime)... About Naruto, i'm a little surprise too. i just started watching it, and i think it's pretty good. If Dragonball made the list, Naruto should've made it too.

Otaku Electrastar may be famous one day Electrastar may be famous one day Electrastar's Avatar
    Thanks
    I'm just wondering how they based their choices...Popularity ? Storyline ? Animation ? Because I'm sorry but I have seen almost all the titles on the list and some of them I would not have placed there...What comes to mind is Sailor Moon or Dragon Ball...Maybe the results where based on the year the anime was out...but even then it doesn't make much sense because Ranma is fairly old while FLCL or Hellsing for example, are pretty recent.

Otaku Kira may be famous one day Kira may be famous one day Kira's Avatar
    Thanks
    wth! EVA sucks. Whassup with the shin guy anyways!
    I would have put Kenshin on top!
    And how some SailorMoon have a higher ranking than Gundam Seed.
    is this an American magasin review?...

Thanks

The readers voted, and Newtype USA counted! To celebrate its second year of publication, Newtype USA ran a three-month open ballot on readers’ top anime of all time. After hand-counting more than 11,700 votes, the results are in.
    I wouldn't have voted for the titles you mentioned either, but they were huge in the mid 90's...disgustlingly huge. and sailor moon has a live action now, so it 's probably helping sustain the title.

This seems more than an all time poll. more like and all-time and what's on your mind right now poll.

Otaku Electrastar may be famous one day Electrastar may be famous one day Electrastar's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nova

I wouldn't have voted for the titles you mentioned either, but they were huge in the mid 90's...disgustlingly huge. and sailor moon has a live action now, so it 's probably helping sustain the title.

This seems more than an all time poll. more like and all-time and what's on your mind right now poll.
    If it's really a what's on your mind poll like you mention...than the readers of NewType USA (wich I sometimes buy) are missing out on some great recent titles...And that kinda surprises me because evreytime I bought the magazine, it had a section with what was hot right now in Japan.

Thanks
    Newtype is very good at keeping up with what's out right now, but I think concerning this poll, they just needed to get a scope of where the general audience is. I have a strong feeling, some of this is also based on what's licensed(or dubbed) and what's not in the US. For a more accurate poll, I look at animenfo.
    Last edited by nova; Nov 29, 2004 at 02:08 PM.

Newbie teh s uck may be famous one day teh s uck may be famous one day teh s uck's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Electrastar
    I'm just wondering how they based their choices...Popularity ? Storyline ? Animation ?
    Profitability for American distributors? [/cynical]

Because I'm sorry but I have seen almost all the titles on the list and some of them I would not have placed there...What comes to mind is Sailor Moon or Dragon Ball...
    It seems to me that much of the list reflects not only what has been licensed and dubbed, but what is regularly shown on TV. NGE is always on Anime Network (and let's be real, do you think that an ADV publication is NOT going to have NGE as #1). Bebop and IY are always on Adult Swim.

[microrant] No Studio Ghibli? WTF?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast