Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: NewType's Top 25 Anime

Newbie firegirl22 may be famous one day firegirl22 may be famous one day firegirl22's Avatar
    Thanks
    For most of them, I'm not really surprised. If you think about it, a lot of people seem to be obsessed with those shows, while the better anime, imo, were left out simply because many haven't had time to develop a large fan-base. Such as Last Exile, the whole series isn't even out. What really surprised me though, was Yugioh didn't make it on. That's a huge favorite for the kiddies, and face it, it tends to be kids who watch anime.

Otaku nova may be famous one day nova may be famous one day nova's Avatar
    Thanks
    and there's the thing about last exile...the whole thing is out, but hasn't played out completely on TV, which is what you're referring to. i suppose cosplay potential is also a key factor for making the list...right?

Gundam Builder Ragn0r0x may be famous one day Ragn0r0x may be famous one day Ragn0r0x's Avatar
    Thanks
    Ive seen about 3/4 of the anime posted on the list. I would put other Gundam seires in the list.

Otaku Kira may be famous one day Kira may be famous one day Kira's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragn0r0x
    Ive seen about 3/4 of the anime posted on the list. I would put other Gundam seires in the list.
    May be not. According to Bandai, Gundam series such Zeta and ZZ are not intented to be introduced in America. It seems that audiance in the States or in Canada might not accept the idea behind these two series. Besides, have you seen any of these 2 title in any DVD stores...? I didn't see anything.

Newbie Drizzt may be famous one day Drizzt may be famous one day Drizzt's Avatar
    Thanks
    From what I gather, Newtype asked people to send in their votes for their favorite shows.

This in itself is faulty - first of all, the type of people who would actually write Newtype to cast their votes are biased themselves...I mean, who would spend the time to write and mail back their votes? (assuming they don't take e-mails, which I don't believe they did)

Otaku Electrastar may be famous one day Electrastar may be famous one day Electrastar's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by teh s uck

[microrant] No Studio Ghibli? WTF?
    Exactly, I must say that the only title I have seen of this great production team is Princess Mononoke...and it didn't make the cut, neither did Spirited Away and that won an Oscar for crying out loud...Like some of you mentioned...some of these are ADV realeses...and I guess it,s to be expected...but thank God Cowboy Bebop made the list.

Newbie Linksc24gc may be famous one day Linksc24gc may be famous one day Linksc24gc's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Electrastar
    I'm just wondering how they based their choices...Popularity ? Storyline ? Animation ? Because I'm sorry but I have seen almost all the titles on the list and some of them I would not have placed there...What comes to mind is Sailor Moon or Dragon Ball...Maybe the results where based on the year the anime was out...but even then it doesn't make much sense because Ranma is fairly old while FLCL or Hellsing for example, are pretty recent.

I agree, I wonder how they did make thier choices. I'm not sure how Sailormoon was able to beat out Gundam Seed. A few other should be on the list, and a few others should be moved up on the list.

ROCK N ROLL mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue's Avatar
    Upon a mound.. somewheres around ..here ?
    Thanks
    ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Inuyasha made 3rd !! That's unbelievable. This must have been fan stats....serious. Inuyasha shouldn't be third on any list except, "Most sold-out".
    much love to socketto
    ...what of this mongrel architect, our broken armor soon will set, past, present, and future tense...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast