Thread: Nice announcement for anime fans about the PSP (anime UMD's announced)

AO co-founder Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1's Avatar
    Thanks

Nice announcement for anime fans about the PSP (anime UMD's announced)

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/03...d_psp_headline

For those who'll have it and would want their anime in UMD format here's a nice tidbit of info of companies that will be releasing some anime on the new Sony format, cheers

granted of course you'll still be able to rip pretty much any DVD you have now to the mpeg 4 format which it will support and put it on a memory stick. But hey you have that many more options now ^_^
    Last edited by Cybergig1; Mar 06, 2005 at 11:21 AM.

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks
    Nice, but the cost is pretty high and I don't think it'll be alot of fun to watch films on a PSP...
    I could see myself watching music videos on it but films and anime?

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks
    I agree with Hassun, Unless you're going on a trip or something, Buying anime on the UMD is not worth the cost.

AO Member 04blue may be famous one day 04blue may be famous one day
    Thanks
    It does seem a bit pointless for the discs to only play on the PSP. The memory stick idea seems better when you consider you can play it on a computer screen as well. I mean, if you want to watch a film at home and you only own it on UMD your goona be pretty annoyed you can't watch it on a bigger screen.

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67
    I agree with Hassun, Unless you're going on a trip or something, Buying anime on the UMD is not worth the cost.
    That's the best use of this system, if you're travelling a lot. In that case you can carry all the stuff on UMD for a lot less cost than putting it on memory stick (hopefully). But if you're likely to be using this to watch one episode at a time, like on the train or something, it'll be better to get a 256MB memory stick (probably). That's what I'm probably gonna do, but there's a while to think about it yet.

Otaku FallenOne may be famous one day FallenOne may be famous one day FallenOne's Avatar
    Thanks
    Agreed, i dunno if i'd enjoy watching a full length film or anime series on a psp... and if i was only going to watch an episode i'd carry around a 256mb stick.

The end is important in all things.

AO co-founder Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1's Avatar
    Thanks
    you guys definitely dont have an office job like me lol but I definitely can agree. I can't sneak shows onto my comp, now something small I can hide when the building manager walks by is another story. Plus I travel a lot now but like I said the most practical thing I would do is just rip the DVD's I already have onto the memory stick. I may get a 1 gig if I can just so I dont need a lot of memory sticks. Which I heard they just made a 2 gig but who wants a memory stick that cost as much as the system your using it for eek

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks
    Hm yeah, I didn't think about the fact that some of those features are very handy for certain professions.

Thanks
    yeah cause if I were say at home most of the time I wouldn't even need a portable to begin with, hmm well actually maybe if I was still in school, would have to do something while sitting in class ^_- lol