Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Nintendo DS..!!

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Hey I found that the battery of the DS is rechargable and will last 6-10 hours. Not too bad, I still don't know the PsP's life.

Newbie Itachi may be famous one day Itachi may be famous one day Itachi's Avatar
    Thanks
    Hey I found that the battery of the DS is rechargable and will last 6-10 hours. Not too bad, I still don't know the PsP's life.
    Yes the ds battery is AWESOME for portable.. 6-10 hours is just how the life should be.. however for the psp.. its battery life is only 2-4 hours.. which isnt that great for a portable device.. like if ur on a road/plane trip.. u wouldnt want ur portable device dying on u.. psp graphics are soo awesome but eat away alot of battery.. there ARE longer battery;s u can buy for the PSP but whos willing to pay 100+ for it... hopefully sony does sumthing about the battery life before the launch..

dont take nuttin for granted cuz life is too short and there aint NO time for regreting... live life to the fullest..!!

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    just 4 hours!! that's like nothing! I'd expect better from sony, c'mon.

Veteran False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Itachi
    Yes the ds battery is AWESOME for portable.. 6-10 hours is just how the life should be.. however for the psp.. its battery life is only 2-4 hours.. which isnt that great for a portable device.. like if ur on a road/plane trip.. u wouldnt want ur portable device dying on u.. psp graphics are soo awesome but eat away alot of battery.. there ARE longer battery;s u can buy for the PSP but whos willing to pay 100+ for it... hopefully sony does sumthing about the battery life before the launch
    2-4 hours is only when you play UMD MOVIES, not games. When you are playing games it can last up to about 10 or more hours. Dark, here's your graphical proof of psp's power when comparing ridge racer ds and ridge racer psp.

Here, we see the ridge racer ds, with very little to no use for the scond screen other than a map.

Here, we see the psp version sporting reflective surfaces more background area, and more capable graphics with a map(optional) placed to the side if needed.
    Ok, now here's the deal. If Nintendo has the power to put more graphics in the ds, why didn't they. When I compare these two pictures, the DS version looks like PS1 graphics and The PSP version looks like ps2 graphics. Now if nintendo can find a better use for that second screen other than maps or menus, then I'll give it a look, until then, in my view, they won't be as near as sony.
    To see more comparison pics go to ign.com
    Last edited by False Truth; Dec 11, 2004 at 04:15 PM.

This signature is within the limits upheld by the forum rules. Unless the rules change, do not remove.

Thanks
    uhhh, I can't you're pics dude.

Thanks
    wait nevermind, My compy's just being stupid.

AO co-founder Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1's Avatar
    Thanks
    keep in mind also gang that all systems launch titles are kinda bleh (Halo and a few other games being exceptions) as with the life of a system they find ways to bring more out. Now honestly trying to be fair to both. I've had my heart set on the PSP though for my own personal reasons and what I'm looking for but to be fair the DS is just fine. I'd say later on we'll see the developers finding better ways to use that 2nd screen for interesting playability. However its just not my nitch but its fine. And even Nintendo said they dont have the better machine graphically but their strategy is that it doesn't matter so its what they planned as a Nintendo rep stated (although kinda rudely saying Sony was stupid just in more friendlier words lol) He basically said that they were aiming at more depth then graphics. But well to me if I can have the graphics I'd rather have them I dont see the games being shallow just because they have descent graphics.

And yes he's correct on the battery, they said that when playing a movie the PSP runs the UMD disc ALL the time hence it drains the battery like its bleeding. But with games they program it to use the disc as little as possible which gets it the target life of around 6-whatever hours. There is a battery test up at www.gamespot.com where he's had it for a week playing with it. Also Sony's exec stated he believes through software upgrades they can enhance the battery life to even longer which is true, even the original walkmans only lasted 2 hours and they uped that a lot just through programming.

Nintendo has a market and they have earned their respect, but they gotta understand and know that the PSP is aimed for the older market like myself. I just dont really care much for the neat options the Nintendo has, now if I were around 15 again and in high school it probably would be cool to chit chat on and all.

Also ign did some tests with the wifi for the PSP n such if your interested go read up on it sounded like it was running great and has a lot of promise allowing up to 8 players on some games should be good fun for all

Basically have fun with whichever handheld your going to back, and leave the nonsense putting down out of this thread as if it starts I'll close it and ban any such threads again. You guys gotta learn to stop trying to outdo other people by force feeding your opinions its overly redundant. Just get what you like and be done with it.
    Last edited by Cybergig1; Dec 11, 2004 at 10:18 PM.

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Newbie Melanic may be famous one day Melanic may be famous one day Melanic's Avatar
    Thanks
    Well, according to ign, the PSP has a 4-6 hour battery life for games. Not bad, but thats still a little slim for some solid gaming.

I gotta admit, thoese psp screen shots do like nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybergig1
    Also ign did some tests with the wifi for the PSP n such if your interested go read up on it sounded like it was running great and has a lot of promise allowing up to 8 players on some games should be good fun for all
    Oh, but not as impressive as the 16 players the DS supports

But whatever... PSP is nice, but it's still a bit pricey, even if Sony is estimated to be losing $250 on each system. (Read it somewhere.. don't quote me on this)
    Last edited by Melanic; Dec 11, 2004 at 11:24 PM.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast