Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Nintendo DS..!!

Veteran False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybergig1
    Nintendo has a market and they have earned their respect, but they gotta understand and know that the PSP is aimed for the older market like myself. I just dont really care much for the neat options the Nintendo has, now if I were around 15 again and in high school it probably would be cool to chit chat on and all.

Also ign did some tests with the wifi for the PSP n such if your interested go read up on it sounded like it was running great and has a lot of promise allowing up to 8 players on some games should be good fun for all

Basically have fun with whichever handheld your going to back, and leave the nonsense putting down out of this thread as if it starts I'll close it and ban any such threads again. You guys gotta learn to stop trying to outdo other people by force feeding your opinions its overly redundant. Just get what you like and be done with it.
    There's no reason to become hostile Cybergig1, I'm just answering dark's little question he posted earlier in this thread. I know that nintendo is all about the games, but the games that they come out with are redundant. We've all seen the games they've released and re-released a countless number of times. They seemed to have lost the originality factor when the N64 felt it's demise. I'm bet you one thing though, if the ds wasn't two screens, it would probably have costed 2/3 of the price being about 100-120 bucks. Only one game so far has used the dual screen to advatages, and it's wario ware. Only one game has effectively used the touch screen in an inventive way, and it's Metroid Prime DS, since FPS really don't belong on handhelds(Why do they even try???). I'm not bashing nintendo or starting any flaming, I'm just stating fact along with my preference in a handheld. Also I'm 17 and I don't find the ds worth buying, so maybe that age of 15 should be....lowered?

Now, here's my full opinion. Nintendo is losing the battle of gaming console companies. They were in the lead until the countless number of mistakes they've made for the Gamecube. By mistakes, I mean lack of online play(the biggest one), lack of third party titles, and lack of good games, except for a few, which aren't original. They had to lower the price three timesto get the thing sold, making the other two lower their prices. Now don't get me wrong, Nintendo is good in the fact that the games they have are highly rated, but come few a year, just like the n64. The PS2 has a numerous amount of games but about 1/3 of them were garbage or too short to actually shell in 50 bucks for(Thank goodness for the $20 greatest hits games).When the ps2 was getting more and more solid titles in 2001-2002, nintendo started making deals with companies for exclusive games(enraging fans of many titles such as Resident Evil). Also, even though the ps2 has indeed online play, it is extremely unorganized and is nothing compared to xbox live. Now, it may seem like xbox is the ultimate system(just because of halo?). No. Xbox is lacking the different variety of genres out there. Most Japanese Developers won't even touch the xbox, thinking it's too risky. So, because of that, it loses RPG's, Adventure/Platformer titles, Puzzle titles, Dance titles, and other ones.

It just seems to me sony seems to be the master of marketing and knowing how to develop and produce things the right way. Nintendo will probably suffer the fate of dreamcast, as some have been saying, if they don't step up their game. It doesn't matter that they didn't care about graphics, it's not about what they care about, it's about what the customer cares about. Nintendo hasn't realized this and always set things according to their preferences, and no one else's. I could ask myself this question and probably no one will know the answer....If nintendo had the graphical power to put into the ds, why didn't they use it? Why give us the predictable next step instead of the two steps ahead of everyone method like sony has done? I hope nintendo knows what they're doing with their next system to bring back some lost fans. The thing they shouldn't have called it(or code-named it) was "revolution", because they are going to have to live up to that name and revolutionize the gaming industry. If they don't, it will be another broken promise.

EDIT: PSP was announced to be $185 per unit NOT 250, it was already reported at ign.
    Last edited by False Truth; Dec 12, 2004 at 01:07 AM.

This signature is within the limits upheld by the forum rules. Unless the rules change, do not remove.

AO co-founder Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1's Avatar
    Thanks
    actually I didn't single you out bud. It was more a general statement to all as I started seeing a trend of "I told you so"

also on the whole 16 players thing. If I ever saw 16 people standing around playing a bunch of handhelds I'd probably laugh, besides what game would you really want to play with that many? even 8 to me is too much I doubt I'd run into that many people at the exact same time (I mean really a racing game is all I could think of maybe a FPS but dunno how either handheld would be great with those seeing how neither has dual controls and the touch screen would not even be ideal for it). I know they have some in the works but I'm just like meh whichever. Now if I run across a guy and its like "hey wanna race" thats all good. Heck just 1 on 1 would make me happy anything more is just meat and potatoes lol. I mean honestly I dont see many haveing a DS or PSP "lan party" heck if I'm doing all that we're hooking up Xbox's screw the handhelds lol.
    I see it as being more of a running across someone and just having a quick game

and yeah he's right on the price guys, it'll be somewhere around 180, thats what it translates from in the Japanese price so it may not be the exact US price but it'll be darn close. Even the superpack or whatever is only like 230 that has a case, memory card, headphones with controls yada yada

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks
    I would get one for the text/drawing messaging feature ^^. But i heard that it was only compatiable for olnly 60ft.. :Grr: but anyways i probably buy it anyway seeing i got all the other gameboy sys's. If only they'd make a internet adaptr so that you could play online with others...that'd be wicked sweet.

As Seen on Internet KenX may be famous one day KenX may be famous one day
    Thanks
    I like it how the PSP plays DVDs. But I don't like it how you have to buy the PSP compatable DVDs to watch it. That makes me not want to have the PSP, Not because of the battery life or all that.

I heard the DS was compatable with Game Boy Advance games. That's good. Pretty good chance i'll buy it.

But who knows. I usually end up buying both because i just have to have both of them.
    Last edited by KenX; Dec 12, 2004 at 01:39 PM.

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybergig1
    actually I didn't single you out bud. It was more a general statement to all as I started seeing a trend of "I told you so"

also on the whole 16 players thing. If I ever saw 16 people standing around playing a bunch of handhelds I'd probably laugh, besides what game would you really want to play with that many?

That's why DS put out an online capability, so you don't have to watch a hord of nerds playing all in one spot.

lol this thread has turned more into a PsP/DS comparison rather just DS.

AO co-founder Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1's Avatar
    Thanks
    from what I heard the PSP could pick up on wireless networks. Still for me I play a handheld just to play by myself, I dont usually worry about playing other people, thats what I use my consoles and PC to do

also they state the PSP can also play over wireless networks. Just be a matter of what games decide to support it. Be nice if in the future places like mcdonalds and all would hook all PSP/DS owners up and have wireless networks in their buildings. Could be profitable for them to if they turned their business' into virtual hangouts
    Last edited by Cybergig1; Dec 12, 2004 at 05:29 PM.

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Yeah that would be pretty neat.

Thanks
    yep one day man one day, it'll be great too, I just hope I'm not an old man before it happens, course wont matter I'll still own every system and be gaming with an oxygen mask on :

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast