Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: No more anoying cd-dvd label.

あなた& Ectoruss may be famous one day Ectoruss may be famous one day Ectoruss's Avatar
    Québec, Canada, North America, Earth, Solar system, ... ! >_<
    Thanks

No more anoying cd-dvd label.

''Until now there hasn't been much choice when it comes to creating labels for your CDs and DVDs. Messy markers or sticky adhesive labels were pretty much the only affordable option.

But imagine creating professional-looking labels using the same laser that burns your data-right inside your CD/DVD drive! Well, now it's easy with LightScribe Direct Disc Labeling technology.
    ''

They come up with one color media (gold) but seeing the popularity of the geek that we are, LightScribe developed 5 more color; red, yellow, blue, green, orange.

Some screen here.

Gear
    Fanatic
    Flower

see more info on the web site http://www.lightscribe.com/
    Coming soon.........

Otaku Slothrop may be famous one day Slothrop may be famous one day Slothrop's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: No more anoying cd-dvd label.

If that actually works... that could be the greatest thing since pre-sliced whitebread!
    The price is relatively right as well. Yeah, I think I'm in love.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

The question that has to be asked is 'How much more expensive is the special media when compared to the normal stuff???' The competing solution is the Ink Jet printers with a built in CD/DVD tray for printing directly onto the printable media (in color!!!)

Here's a link to the Epson Printer product page...
    http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/C...seBVCookie=yes
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Banned MediaLuna may be famous one day MediaLuna may be famous one day MediaLuna's Avatar
    Thanks

Well I just bought (like an hour ago) a new PC with this kind of Burner... Altought it may be more expensive than regular CD/DVD media (still new technology even if its a year old) the results are cool and worth the price (from a geek point of view of course)...

Otaku Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore's Avatar
    Thanks

Last time I priced Lightscribe Media the CD's were only about 10-30 cents more per disk. The DVD's were about $1.00 more. That's not bad if your planning on perminatly archiving your disk. As Lightscribe becomes more popular the media price will drasticly fall (just look at DVD Duel Layer disks) and it will be more affordable.

As for your epson...factor in the cost of the replacement printer every 6 months. I've NEVER had an epson last more then 6th months! I'm sure lightscribe comes out much less expensive at that point.

Angsty Goth Teenager SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128's Avatar
    Thanks

Awesome gotta try that out!

Otaku sukotsu9 may be famous one day sukotsu9 may be famous one day sukotsu9's Avatar
    Thanks

When they develop the technology to full-colour, I'll join. The monochromic look defeats the purpose of me wanting to label my CDs/DVDs (I often don't print case jackets, since I just carry them in a wallet). I appreciate the company's innovation, though.

あなた& Ectoruss may be famous one day Ectoruss may be famous one day Ectoruss's Avatar
    Québec, Canada, North America, Earth, Solar system, ... ! >_<
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sukotsu9
    When they develop the technology to full-colour, I'll join. The monochromic look defeats the purpose of me wanting to label my CDs/DVDs (I often don't print case jackets, since I just carry them in a wallet). I appreciate the company's innovation, though.
    Ya maybe the full color is great, But you have to admit that mono-color add some fashion to the picture. also for the full color label printing, you better buy a CD-DVD ink printer or laser or stick with the old sticker label.
    Coming soon.........

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast