Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: No more anoying cd-dvd label.

Otaku Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: No more anoying cd-dvd label.

They do have color lightscribe technology, it just costs an arm and a leg. It's like color laser printers. Yes, they have them but they are much more expensive then there B&W counter parts. I wouldn't be looking for afordable color lightscribe for itleast a few more years (at best).

Otaku darkangels36 may be famous one day darkangels36 may be famous one day darkangels36's Avatar
    Thanks

Well the true question is- If you did have all of this at the right price and the ink and everything why would you spend your time really doing that! Just burn a dvd and sell em or something that's about all i could see out of the deal then again i'm not a huge fan of burning i prefer the real thing but saying you were making a homemade video to burn that would be something different. So i think if they massed produced it, it really wouldn't be a huge hit no matter how good it looks! Then again i guess it matters on how desperate the person is on making their cd to look good then have it scratched and thus repeat the operation of spending mass money!
    This is the code of honor: A wounded man says to his assaliant if i live i will kill you and if i die you are forgiven: Thus this is the code of honor!

Otaku Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore's Avatar
    Thanks

The technology wasn't made for pirates who want to make fancy labels and resell them.

The idea was that someone could burn a CD of wedding photos/videos and have a nice looking cover to put on it. You know, personal things that you want to keep as treasured memories. Somthing that you also might want to give as a gift someday.
    Personally, if I had a lightscribe drive and very important photos/docs I wanted to perminatly archive, I'd spend the extra pennies and lightscribe me a lable.

I've seen the disks...even in B&W they look much better then a sticker printed off of an inkjet printer. It's very well done.

あなた& Ectoruss may be famous one day Ectoruss may be famous one day Ectoruss's Avatar
    Qu├ębec, Canada, North America, Earth, Solar system, ... ! >_<
    Thanks

Agreed in every points with Barronmore. The Burning tech was made in first place to make BAckup with a external and more secure system.

The thing is that when you are making DVD or CD for yourself. Like Video from the last vacation, Compilation of the nicess picture of your familly or cat/dog/bird, or just for the homework gived to the teatcher, Visual quality is more suitable than a plane media with a pen note on it. Also since the color printing isn't in every home, and the Label sheet can use with the time, Making Comercial quality CD/DVD cover could only be welcome.

I'm saving money for 2 burner of this kind, one exernal for the laptop, and the second for my personal Computer at home. My brain is overheateing from the amount of Idea that come to make with this new toy....
    Coming soon.........

Otaku Zdenek may be famous one day Zdenek may be famous one day Zdenek's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm using a classical paper label and I'm very satisfied with the colorful results. This technology is alright, but unless it's very cheap, I'm not going to use it.

Otaku sukotsu9 may be famous one day sukotsu9 may be famous one day sukotsu9's Avatar
    Thanks

In a few years, then, I'll keep watching the Lightscribe development. As for paper stick-on labels, they can make a presentation look much worse if full effort isn't given. Nothing I hate more than the warped label on a CD (did a drunken monkey stick this on in the dark?!). However, a well-designed and thought out graphic (no cut off faces/text) plus VERY careful application will yield great results. I've noticed in the past 2 years, too, that printable labels from even ink-jets are better quality than before. Just require some time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2