Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: No Pre-Owned PS3 games

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: No Pre-Owned PS3 games

Grumble Grumble Grumble

The thing is, the long term industry trend for distributed software is not the sale of individual units, but the hawking of subscription services, (for the long term monthly income...) The MMRPG are only the tip of the iceberg (so to speak...) as even profesional applications/services (such as the future anouncement of Microsoft's Live Office, and most Spyware/Virus checkers...) are moving toward a subscription model...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Newbie FortyFyvCaliba may be famous one day FortyFyvCaliba may be famous one day FortyFyvCaliba's Avatar
    Thanks

well, i've had 3 different ps2's in less then a year, i just got a new one bak from the warranty repair place, and i reckon it will only last maybe 8 months. im guessing as long as it breaks in less then a year there gonna repair it for free, coz they have the records on file, and they don't bother askin to many questions, they just get u to pak it up and send it to them. So if wats proposed happens there be no way i'd get a ps3. i've had the nes and snes since they were released, i was very young, but will still had them, and they still work perfectly. i bought a ps2 and in less then a year have all this shit happen. so i would'nt buy another one any way, whether or not they employ the game disc thing. complaining aside, the whole subscription thing? well i bought a ps2 coz online was free. thats basically it. so if there obviously going down all these weird paths trying to pry all the money from ya, then i wouldn't bother. the subscriptions are just so they get more money, all the rest is an excuse. but i don't know much. lol, so feel free to educate me.

Domme Kasai may be famous one day Kasai may be famous one day Kasai's Avatar
    Thanks

Woah, I agree with the article. Major loss of interest in the PS3. I'm a hardcore Sony fan I'm finding myself disappointed. I truly hope they dont do this.

Instead I hope this is a ploy to get more attention on the PS3. Even though it is negative attention, it's attention through and through.

I'm hoping, I like preowned games.
    Seduced by Flesh

Newbie teddeler may be famous one day teddeler may be famous one day
    Thanks

The more I hear the more I'm disliking Sony. Well, the entertainment industry in general. I heard the TV stations are trying to introduce something to the signal that will prevent your VCR from recording certain shows or your TIVO from fast-forwarding through the commercials. They've been making millions (billions? trillions?) off of new technology and now they're scared spitless that new technology will cost them a few bucks (okay, that may not have been entirely on-topic but it's something that's been irritating me lately).

Otaku Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore's Avatar
    Thanks

This would be the death toll for any manufactuer that did this. I buy A LOT of games (mostly used to tell the truth) but this would really stop me in my tracks. Assuming I even bought the system to begin with I would only buy maybe 3 games per year at most at full retail value. No, I can find better things to do with my money then get suckered into somthing like this. (and just imagine what it would do to rentals....).

If Sony is missing the cash then perhaps they should be intellegent enough to realize that most people are sick of paying $49.99 per game only to find out IT SUCKS after playing it. If they would lower their price then more people would be willing to buy new games. It's that plain and simple. I woud buy a lot more new games if they were $30.00 a pop when they come out. Heck, i have no problem buying the Greatest Hits Releases at $20.00 when they get there. But the shear fact that I'm shellling out $50.00 for a brand new game makes me only buy games I KNOW are worth it.

Why have I not bought the new castlevania game even though I'm a huge castlevania mark? Because all indications (including the demo) indicate that it's not worth $50.00! Wow...go figure.

But in the end, it's pretty pointless. Someone somewhere would figure out how to defeat this small problem and post it online for all to see (and instructions on how to do it). Just look at the Xbox modification craze. Bill Gates apparently didn't get the memo that the Xbox is just a PIII 800 in a fancy case and just needed a little 'fixing' to make it work 'properly'. But instead of embracing the fact (and selling more xbox's by allowing people to do this) he slammed the door on it and threatend to sue everyone and their momma for it. Then he turns around and makes sure the Xbox 360 will do the exact same thing.

Go Bill!

At some point companies are going to realize that they have pushed the customer base to far. I don't think they realize yet they are not selling a commodity or a nessessity, they are selling an entertainment device. I can find my entertainment somewhere else. I already watch very little TV...I can stop listening to music to. My video game collection is quite large enough that I could easily spend the rest of my gaming life playing what I already have. In short, I don't need a PS3. I may miss all those final fantasy games...but that's ok. It's not like I've played a new one since three years anyway.

Newbie hitokirijaywho may be famous one day hitokirijaywho may be famous one day hitokirijaywho's Avatar
    Thanks

i can see Sony going overboard with this copy protection, they've allways been battling piracy in one form or another, recall the anti mod chip games for ps1? no game would play on a mod chipped station, which forced most people with mod chips to then pirate all games, needless to say it backfired on them because the mod chipped people stopped buying them and asking for games as gifts. and it didn't stop the piracy since you could patch the bin file and copy it. Another reason i see sony doing this is the PSP, with 1.5 firmware you can put games onto the memory stick and play, ergo you download the games for free. they're out hardcore now to stop it in its tracks. (look at Sony music cd's, they imbed copy right garbage on your computer, like it or not sony is out to protect themselves to the point of hurting consumer sales, course if piracy hadn't become so easy that the non-average computer user could do it, they wouldn't be so hard core.
    (Ala Napster, mp3's online were largely ignored until a program was made that was so easy a retard could do it)

HitokiriJaywho.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

If this is a patented technology, I want to read the Patent information before I belive this, but if Sony does this, they have lost me as a customer, and I might just go and *shudder* buy the x-box 360 *runs to the bathroom to vomit at the idea of it*

AO co-founder Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1's Avatar
    Thanks

not sure if it was stated but this wont be implemented on the PS3 there were some reports on it up uhm somewhere lol. It makes sense I mean even sony isn't that bullish/stupid lol

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast