Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: nonworking speakers.

*~AO's Guardian Angel~* Akurei Kakudo may be famous one day Akurei Kakudo may be famous one day Akurei Kakudo's Avatar
    Thanks

nonworking speakers.

ok heres the thing, up untill this morning at around 2 am my speakersd arnt working, now i dont know what it is. i did mess with my jack box last night to try and huck up a web cam i had. but i dont know if that did anything to it. any ideas are really appreciated. thankx!

thanks for the sig SasuraiHell!!!!

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: nonworking speakers.

When trouble shooting an issue it is best to isolate the problem and then re-step their setup, then back out any changes you made.

So first, make sure they are hooked up right, second try a different set (speakers are cheap 13 bucks at Wal-Mart if you don't have a back up pair).

The next thing is maybe the drivers and/or configuration (IRQ, I/O Addresses, etc...) for web-cam are disrupting your sound card.

Try uninstalling the web cam and rebooting. Try that and if they don't help let me know and we can go further.

*~AO's Guardian Angel~* Akurei Kakudo may be famous one day Akurei Kakudo may be famous one day Akurei Kakudo's Avatar
    Thanks

ok well everythings up right, but the web cam isnt in. my computer didnt know what it was so it rejected it, so its not the web cam. and no i dont have other speakers, i tried rebooting but they still dont work.

??*Everyone Here Hates Me??* Zackraa may be famous one day Zackraa may be famous one day Zackraa's Avatar
    Thanks

it may have shorted out your speakers
    I installed a scanner once and it blew out my left speaker

I have no idea why or how but it did
    try your speakers on another device to see if they are blown

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Ok, go to control panel, look for the system icon and double click it, from there look for the Hardware Tab and click the Device manager button (XP) On ME or 98 just right click the my computer icon and choose properties from here look for the device manager tab. On the device manager tab look for any items that have an warning or problem. That should let you know if any devices like your sound card has hardware related issues. You may want to re-install he device drivers for sound card and/or look for updated ones off the mfg website. Try thoses and let me know.

Thanks

........im sorry i wish i knew what you where talking about. explain it for a sec.

??*Everyone Here Hates Me??* Zackraa may be famous one day Zackraa may be famous one day Zackraa's Avatar
    Thanks

I think she might be on 2000 :s

if so right click my computer
    the go to properties then follow cheifs instructions

Thanks

I am trying to get you to check for disabled or other items in your hardware profile that may not be functioning properly. In the link below you can see a screen cap of a sound codec that has been disabled:

http://img319.imageshack.us/img319/8...manager9xj.jpg

The red "X" over the codec lets us know there is a problem. There also maybe a yellow icon with an ! in the center of it. Look to see if there are any of them, in your device manager. I wasn't sure what OS you had so I listed multiple ways of getting to it depending on your OS. Check back with me.
    Last edited by Chiefblackhammer; Jan 01, 2006 at 03:04 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast