Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Is it normal to name you computer?

Newbie HRob may be famous one day HRob may be famous one day HRob's Avatar
    Thanks
    I not sure naming appliances could be consider normal, kind of weird; naming your computers it's ok... i guess.
    About cars, the only persons that name theirs are girls, they always give their rides cute names, oh, and my guy cousin that calles his truck BAD BOY!

Otaku ryke12 may be famous one day ryke12 may be famous one day
    Thanks
    I don't think it's really bad, just... a little weird (no offense). For my comp, it's just known as "My Baby" to all my friends.
    Maybe I'll come up eith a sig soon... until then, be patient.

Otaku Hardedge may be famous one day Hardedge may be famous one day Hardedge's Avatar
    Thanks
    Well, ... the ipod allows one to name it, so, I guess it's not necessarily wrong ... or un-cool...
    I shall seize Fate by the throat; it shall certainly not bend and crush me completely -- Beethoven

Experience without theory is blind, but theory without experience is mere intellectual play -- Kant

Lost in the ethernet dragonrider2004 may be famous one day dragonrider2004 may be famous one day dragonrider2004's Avatar
    Thanks
    No it isn't i name just about every computer i have! it's fun!

like the one i am on now is called Lexicon-Prime cause it is my primary computer and it has my multilingual translator(lexicon means dictionary) on it.

my primary pda is called: Beldandy cause she's on the today screen

My striped down(all unnessesary os "stuff"removed) is named Stripper cause i always wanted a computer named that

My secondary pda is named skuld cause i like skuld and she's good w/ computers.

i got a bunch of other computers so i wont list them all here tho, i will say i named my printer bob cause it fit.

Student: "Umm sensei, the question on the board is wrong."
    Teacher "SHAAAADD UP!"

Otaku Phoenix of Love may be famous one day Phoenix of Love may be famous one day Phoenix of Love's Avatar
    Thanks
    Home : Zero
    (school)Lap top: Win95craptop
    Tom: Maybe we are a supreme being who was having self identity problems.
    Luis: Find yourself a women who loves video games as much as you do and you'll have have problems.

Newbie nospheratus may be famous one day nospheratus may be famous one day nospheratus's Avatar
    Thanks
    This is normal to name some of the thing we possess. We pass so much time with them (big gammer, computer technician, Taxi driver...) Their are a part of ours life.

I call my computer "Ma grosse Berta" (My Big Berta). I use this name only when my computer goes wrong.

For the one that call his computer with name for a network reason, this not the same thing. This is a technical solution.

The Antagonist Eriadd may be famous one day Eriadd may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Well, I normally name my computer Locutis, 'cuz I'm a Star Trek geek. Although I occasionally threaten to change it's name to smoldering pile of plastic crap if it's being a b*tch. Then it tends to behave.

PiNk HaIr FaNaTiC Boo45 may be famous one day Boo45 may be famous one day Boo45's Avatar
    Thanks
    I dun know about naming my computers...i mean they're just....computer....thats my name for it ;D....But otherwise i dont think ive ever named a car or computer or toaster or nething like that..i remember naming my teddie bear when i was little but that was like ten years ago.....

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast