Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Note to my girl

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    Ok, tip one; add some paragraphs. It will make it easier to read.

In spite of what you might hear most women like getting letters. Sometimes it's the only way to get a point across. You just have to willing to back it up in person, ie. talk about it. If she doesn't want to talk about it or read it she'll let you know.

Tip two; be patient. When dealing with letters you have to be willing to wait untill she decides what she thinks about what you have written or you won't get a straight answer.

If you are afraid of her answer you can always ask her to write you back. Sometimes a little distance can really help with communicating. It's easier to avoid conflict when reading letters rather then saying things face to face.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kryptonic
    Yo, I've been in your position a couple of times before and here's a tip: **** the letter. It wont work trust me. The best thing to do is talk to her yourself and if she won't let you talk to her(which will probably be the case) than get one of her friends(If she has any) to talk to her for you or to presuade her to atleast hear you out. Trust me the letter will only show her that you are a coward and you can't even talk to her yourself, She only feel worse. Just apologize to her in person and be sincere.

must concur w/ kryptonic here. Be it in person or on phone, tell her yourself. It's harder, but then she'll truly know your sincere... well, maybe.

AO Angel ^^ angelan may be famous one day angelan may be famous one day angelan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark.
    must concur w/ kryptonic here. Be it in person or on phone, tell her yourself. It's harder, but then she'll truly know your sincere... well, maybe.
    hm....from a girls point of view, yeah i rather hear it than read it. A lot of feeling gets lots in written words. you might end up having to explain what you wrote in the end.

but i guess i und how it may be hard to say things you want to say when the moment comes. but honestly it's the best and safest way. And a few pointers for the when the time comes.

1. don't play the scene out in your mind before it happens, just let the words come out of your mouth as you think of it, as it comes out of your heart.

whatever you play out in your mind 99% of the time won't happen.

Edit: I just finished reading your post....and wow can i relate to the girl. Right down to the parents part, lol it's not a letter for MEEE is it?? J/K :P
    But firstly i want to applaud you for your honesty, not all guys can do this. But definitely it's the correct direction to go.

Depending on how angry she is, you COULD give her this note (with more paragraphs and spacing) but make sure she has a friend around who knows where you're comming from so she can help speak for you if she doesn't want to listen to YOU but reads your letter.

But I guess from seeing it in her perspective first hand, I would say "but why did you say yes in the first place?? If you really liked me you would have NOT said yes." you can explain all you want but honestly that's the deepest blow (IMO) that you made to her. Sure, you KNOW it was a mistake but.....just be prepared for her not to except it. This one point will only go away with time and with you proving to her that you really care about her through your actions from now on.

OOOH one more thing....yeah take out the sarcasm and joking....it's the last thing she needs to read...even if it's only a HINT of it >.<

I wish you all the best.
    Last edited by angelan; Nov 18, 2004 at 06:35 AM. Reason: spelling ^^;
    -=|AnimeReflections|Live-Evil|My Trades|=-

Put your unused CPU to use for a good cause: |Folding@Home||Human Proteome Folding|

ROCK N ROLL mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue's Avatar
    Upon a mound.. somewheres around ..here ?
    Thanks
    I dunno exactly what your situation is, all I know is when someone's upset, the best thing to do is give them space. Great note so far.
    much love to socketto
    ...what of this mongrel architect, our broken armor soon will set, past, present, and future tense...

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks
    so did you cheated on your girl on something?? who are you with anyways??

just gotta say I have to agree with everyone that you have to be the man that u are and go up and tell her (ala usher)

and try not to find excuses for what u did, because that might only make it worse

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Otaku shadowdeath may be famous one day shadowdeath may be famous one day shadowdeath's Avatar
    Thanks
    Im glad to say everything is ok now and we are back together, I got rid of the other girl and I told her that even though he parents wont let her date i'm going to wait for her until I can go out with her... I dont care how long it takes. So, I'm trying to be the best man I can by being nice to her and makin gup for what I did but she loved how honest I was. Anyway, Thankyou guys for your help. I'm going to take her to the mall this weekend and talk it over a little more just to get it out of the way.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks
    you JUST got rid of the other girl?? didn't treat her like trash right man??

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Newbie Arbiter may be famous one day Arbiter may be famous one day Arbiter's Avatar
    Thanks

Wink

I will give you HUGE advice when it comes to girls being mad at you (trust me, somehomw it happens to me a lot ) NEVER, EVER mention another girl to the girl your mad, for some reason, they don't like that. They don't say it nw but they wioll say it later . . . but it's ok I guess if you mentioned her once really quick. But don't bring her up again or it will make matters worse.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast