Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 'Nothing Lasts Forever'

Otaku QueenOfGames may be famous one day QueenOfGames may be famous one day QueenOfGames's Avatar
    Thanks

'Nothing Lasts Forever'

I was considering putting this in the Cyber Lounge because I thought it was more of an opinion question, but since my question will obviously cause differing views to come forth, I decided to put it here.

Do you believe nothing lasts forever? Or do you think there is something that does?

I don't think so. I don't think anything lasts forever. Love causes a huge agruement, ne? Only because some think love lasts forever, but I have an agruement for that. I believe that it is true you can love someone for all of eternity, but it will not be the same love that lasts. The love you feel for a person changes everyday. It's never as intense as a given point, even if the intensity does break through at a later date. My point is that love is an ever changing thing and to say that it lasts forever is an incorrect statement. Love fluctuates. You may feel very passionate about a person, so in love with them, but it fades somewhat into a different feeling of love.

Another example is pain. It doesn't last forever, for the same reason I said love doesn't. It feels so intense and in the forefront of your mind at first, but then it fades away to the point you can live with it. The pain you felt at the initial incident is not the same pain you feel as you live your life day to day.

Well, that's my opinion .^_^. Sorry if I got too deep for you, but I'm awfully curious to see what you all have to say.

P.S. If I haven't supported my point well enough, I'm sure all of you will push me to do so by your own points of view .^_^.

Otaku tom_san may be famous one day tom_san may be famous one day tom_san's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: 'Nothing Lasts Forever'

death lasts forever....
    oh, and twinkies!!

i wish my grass was emo so it would cut itself.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tom_san
    death lasts forever....
    oh, and twinkies!!
    Believe it or not that is definatly a matter of opinion.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Otaku Avatarjuern may be famous one day Avatarjuern may be famous one day Avatarjuern's Avatar
    Thanks

is it true that twinkies turn to liqur if you age them????

Otaku tom_san may be famous one day tom_san may be famous one day tom_san's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna
    no really!! twinkies would survive a nuclear explosion!! ( thank u family guy!)!! jk, ok but the death of a body is kinda forever isnt it? mabye not the death of a spirit/ soul/ kaa/ watever you want to call it!

i wish my grass was emo so it would cut itself.

Otaku Dreadhawk may be famous one day Dreadhawk may be famous one day Dreadhawk's Avatar
    On the battlefield, hiding behind you with a knife...
    Thanks

There are some things that last forever, and some things that don't.

Memories, last forever, even if you forget them, they are still there.
    I like to use the movie "Dreamcatcher" as an exaple, when you see the main character's mind, he has tons of file cabinets. Something Kinda like that, y'know?

Most physical things, don't last forever, I myself will never forget, how I felt about certain things, when I pass on, the feelings will go with me, how do I know? becuase I want them to.

Otaku QueenOfGames may be famous one day QueenOfGames may be famous one day QueenOfGames's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna
    .^_^. I know it is a matter of opinion, but I would like people to back up their point of view. That was kind of the whole point of me posting. *rubs back of neck*

It wasn't intended to be a thread about twinkies....*sigh*

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

I think it's safe to assume absolutely nothing lasts forever.
    Everything that begins has to end sometime.
    Of course I can't prove it but proving the opposite is pretty hard too.

In physical terms you could say that energy lasts forever...

Memories, last forever, even if you forget them, they are still there.
    And when you die?

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast