Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: 'Nothing Lasts Forever'

5.00 M33-6 solking may be famous one day solking may be famous one day solking's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: 'Nothing Lasts Forever'

Quote Originally Posted by tom_san
    space lasts forever...
    Well it depends on what you believe... The bible says that there are three heavens the sky that we see, space, and where God lives (that's the real heaven)

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna

To be serious though. Yes. There are things that last forever in my opinion. Hassun touched on it, "In physical terms you could say that energy lasts forever..."

It is all "matter". I believe that our "spirits" are energy and as such are eternal. They existed before we were born and will after we die. Our memories are contained in such a way we will retain them as well. Engraved on the soul so to speak. Based on that love, mutable as it is, can also last forever. Intelligence, knowlege, matter. Followed to it's logical conclusion the earth technically will last forever - or at least an imprint of it will. This idea of immutable intellegence to me explains alot of phenomenom that science has been unable to explain such as hauntings, visitations, and visions.
    That's an interesting view.
    Would it be a reasonable point for believers of reincarnation in some kind of way?
    New life forms being created with the energy of the deceased? Of course it would be the energy of various creatures mingled together but still...

Otaku Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore's Avatar
    Thanks

Interesting thread....

Memories can last forever, same as histories and stories. That is why passing memories, histories, stories, etc to down from generation to generation is such a big deal. While you may pass away the imprint you leave behind can continue on.

It reminds me of the joke about George Washington’s axe, which goes like this:

A tour group was taking a tour of Martha's Vineyard when the noticed one of the re-enactors using an old axe to cut firewood to show how it was done. The tour guide mentioned that this was the very axe that George Washington himself had used to chop firewood 200+ years ago in this very spot. Mind you, the axe handle's been replaced 5 times and the axe head 6 times, but this here IS George Washington's Axe!

Is it really Washington's Axe? Yes and No. Physically, of course not. Washington never put his hands on the handle or the blade, as they were replacement parts of the one's that he did touch. Yet, historically, that is George Washington's Axe. It can be traced back to his hand and all the hands in-between. It can be documented where the axe has been and what its history has been. Since the Axe came from George Washington, even with all its replacement parts, it was his axe.

It's a matter of perception...and in some cases faith.

But as for the question:

Do things last forever? Yes and no. Spiritually, I think that all things will last forever. I believe that all things were created spiritually before they were created physically and after our physical life, the spirit remains. The spirit retains it memories, emotions, and experiences it had in this physical life and therefore all these things still exists and will exists forever in it's spiritual form.

Do things last physically forever? That depends on what you think of the George Washington Story above and your own religious preferences. Personally, for the most part I say yes, but then again, I believe in the literal resurrection of the body and it being reunited with the Spirit.

But that is another debate entirely

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun
    That's an interesting view.
    Would it be a reasonable point for believers of reincarnation in some kind of way?
    New life forms being created with the energy of the deceased? Of course it would be the energy of various creatures mingled together but still...
    I believe it can be applied, yes.

I'm afraid you would have to ask someone who believes in reincarnation about whether it's the same "spirit" or a collective "soul", but I think it's completely a matter of opinion. I would love to know if there are different "sects" based on the two (or even more) veiws.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Messenger of Despair Hive Hero Champion dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman's Avatar
    Thanks

i believe that life, death, memories, and promises last forever. death because everything dies eventually, like a chain, as does life. memories never go away, you just forget them over time and dont think you ever had them. as for promises, it is mostly like memories except if you dont do it, it comes back to bite you in the butt.
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7987&dateline=1181515  689
    I won't let this world exist without me! If I die, we all die! / Avatar & Signature by anime_8000.

Newbie Niimura Tooru may be famous one day Niimura Tooru may be famous one day Niimura Tooru's Avatar
    Thanks

Your point is well put queenofgames but, i argue that. A river, is also ever changing, and it can flow into a stream, that flows into a giant waterfall, that falls into a small quiet lake. The same can be said for love. But, it's still the same water, no matter what form it takes on. Pain, I agree with, pain, has a tendency to be swallowed by love, and dissolved into a wonderful happiness you never thought you could have. But some pain.....no matter what you do...never goes away. I'd also like to add, how can you decide, whether or not something can last forever...if we won't be around long enough to see it not last? I still think love could last forever though.
    Last edited by Niimura Tooru; Sep 01, 2005 at 03:42 PM.

Love him, Hurt him, Make him bleed.
    Scream his name he's all you need.

Otaku kogome may be famous one day kogome may be famous one day
    Thanks

love sometime's doesnt last forever
    Last edited by kogome; Sep 01, 2005 at 06:20 PM.

Laid Back Otaku Tano-kun may be famous one day Tano-kun may be famous one day Tano-kun's Avatar
    Thanks

Cool Re: 'Nothing Lasts Forever'

there are really a few things in the world that last forever...at least that's what i think....but it's what u do with ur life to enjoy the things u wanna do b4 u die....i think
    they do say, "moments last a lifetime", or something like that...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast