Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Nudity

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Nudity

Quote Originally Posted by kastelic4444
    I think that study is a little inconclusive and generalized. Not every kid or teenager that watches that stuff on tv will make them have sex. Its more about the maturity and moral fiber of the individual. Also how they were brought up plays a role. Also we all cant blame tv, sexual influence is all around us , just look at a magazine, billboard ad or movie.
    Just out of curiousity did you actually read the entire study? They were very careful to include environmental factors and to give percentages (see my previous post), exceptions, and the reasons for them.

Sexual behavior is strongly influenced by culture,7,8 and TV is an integral part of US teen culture. The average youth watches ~3 hours of TV daily.9 There, sexual messages are commonplace, according to a scientific content analysis of a representative sample of programming from the 2001–2002 TV season. Sexual content appears in 64% of all TV programs; those programs with sexual content average 4.4 scenes with sexually related material per hour. Talk about sex is found more frequently (61% of all programs) than overt portrayals of any sexual behavior (32% of programs). Approximately 1 of every 7 programs (14%) includes a portrayal of sexual intercourse, depicted or strongly implied.10
    That's an awful lot of exposure for just one medium.

Although televised sexual portrayals can theoretically inhibit sexual activity when they include depictions of sexual risks (such as the possibility of contracting an STD or becoming pregnant), abstinence, or the need for sexual safety, this type of depiction occurs in only 15% of shows with sexual content. In other words, only ~1 of every 7 TV shows that include sexual content includes any safe sex messages, and nearly two-thirds of these instances (63%) are minor or inconsequential in their degree of emphasis within the scene.10 As a result, sexual content on TV is far more likely to promote sexual activity among US adolescents than it is to discourage it.
    Hmmmm... an unrealistic portrayal of sexuality without concequences. Imagine that.

The factors that were positively associated with initiation of intercourse among virgins were older age, having older friends, getting low grades, engaging in deviant behavior, and sensation-seeking. Those associated with a lower probability of intercourse initiation were parental monitoring, parent education, living with both parents, having parents who would disapprove if the adolescent had sex, being religious, and having good mental health. Only 1 additional variable predicted changes in noncoital activity; exposure to risk or safety portrayals was related to a lower level of noncoital activity. Variables that were not predictive of either outcome were gender, race, self-esteem, educational aspirations, and mother’s work outside the home.
    Sounds to me like they took other factors into account.

Finally, although TV accounts for more of children’s time than any other medium,9 the sexual content in films, music, and magazines is also likely to hasten sexual advancement. Therefore, it will be important to address these other contributions to sexual socialization in both future research and interventions. Indeed, we should note that, because TV viewing of sexual content is probably related to exposure to sex in other media, our results may reflect at least partially the influence of music, magazines, or movies. Research assessing the independent contribution of each medium to adolescent sexuality is needed.
    Sounds like they even agree with you to a degree.

With these limitations in mind, our findings have clear implications. Reducing the amount of sexual talk and behavior on TV or the amount of time that adolescents are exposed to this content is likely to appreciably delay the initiation of both coital and noncoital sexual activities. Increasing the percentage of portrayals of sexual risk and safety, relative to other sexual content, might also inhibit early sexual activity, particularly among African American youths.
    Sounds conclusive to me.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Just Trying To Live Life War on Terror Champion name one may be famous one day name one may be famous one day name one's Avatar
    Thanks

really who cares. childern are looking at nudity. really sometimes people don't have the v-clip on there tv's so yeah.

Keeping you in suspense! The King of Fashion may be famous one day The King of Fashion may be famous one day The King of Fashion's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by name one
    really who cares. childern are looking at nudity. really sometimes people don't have the v-clip on there tv's so yeah.
    You know I bet that sooner or later, some chidren will start becoming rapist because of nudity on television, or they might just become weird perverts. And I think you mean the v-chip right name one?
    ~Praise me! Extol me! My beauty is unparalleled!~
    Thanks for the signature, Zackraa It's fashion-tastic

Just Trying To Live Life War on Terror Champion name one may be famous one day name one may be famous one day name one's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The King of Fashion
    You know I bet that sooner or later, some chidren will start becoming rapist because of nudity on television, or they might just become weird perverts. And I think you mean the v-chip right name one?
    will maybe in 10 years but they should make a chennel (like playboy) but the chennel should have a password like a v-chip or take off nudity on tv's in the united states

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The King of Fashion

I dont think so. Like others said if they do that their messed up to begin with.

Sounds conclusive to me.
    Did you see the word they used? "likely"

I see sex as a natural thing, but I wouldnt want my under 14 kids to see it. As long as I know they have the maturity to handle it i dont have a problem. I saw all kinds of sex stuff when i was a minor and never made me go out and do it. Heck I still dont do it that much. Maybe i needed to watch more?
    Last edited by Miroku4444; Aug 17, 2005 at 03:14 PM.

ruler of mune667 deaths_raver667 may be famous one day deaths_raver667 may be famous one day deaths_raver667's Avatar
    Thanks

i think that nudity is fine when it's on late, kids should be in bed by 12, personally i think most kids should be in bed at 10 like me and i'm 15. i also think it comes down to the parent.
    i am the urban monky
    look to the mune

??*Everyone Here Hates Me??* Zackraa may be famous one day Zackraa may be famous one day Zackraa's Avatar
    Thanks

only after 12:00

children should never see stuff like that

thats whats wrong with me lol

Keeping you in suspense! The King of Fashion may be famous one day The King of Fashion may be famous one day The King of Fashion's Avatar
    Thanks

Any of you people think children of young age would like to see this kind of stuff at their age, even though they haven't got the hormones and all the pubertic stuff they should get when they are about their teen age?
    ~Praise me! Extol me! My beauty is unparalleled!~
    Thanks for the signature, Zackraa It's fashion-tastic

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast