Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Nudity in anime?

Newbie PrinceKwan may be famous one day PrinceKwan may be famous one day PrinceKwan's Avatar
    Thanks

Lightbulb Nudity in anime?

I wonder if anyone else realizes this, but when I was younger a lot of anime I saw like Ranma, the older Bubblegum Crisis, and many other anime contained at least some sort of female nudity. But nowadays, I am not sure whether it is the kind of anime I watch or the fact that artists and creators have toned it down.

So anyone have any ideas?? Comments on what you think??

ruler of mune667 deaths_raver667 may be famous one day deaths_raver667 may be famous one day deaths_raver667's Avatar
    Thanks
    i think that the artists have just toned down now that anime reaches a wider audience, unfortunately i don't think i have enough experience but i'm guessing that it's this.
    i am the urban monky
    look to the mune

Newbie Peppy-Desu may be famous one day Peppy-Desu may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Yeah they just toned it down a bit that way they'll have a bigger audience.

Otaku dark_glaive may be famous one day dark_glaive may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Haha, go watch Elfen Lied. There's plenty of nudity, shown in a mostly nonsexual manner. So some artists are still doing it.
    Dont make your sig that big again or I'll de-brain you---administration

AO co-founder Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1's Avatar
    Thanks
    theres an anime section for a reason *moving* pay attention to where you put your threads

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Untouchable Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dark_glaive
    Haha, go watch Elfen Lied. There's plenty of nudity, shown in a mostly nonsexual manner. So some artists are still doing it.
    Elfen Lied's not the only one, try Girls Bravo if you REALLY wanna see loads of breasts all around.

If that's not enough for you, try Please (Onegai) Twins to see even more of the same.

STILL not enough? Alright then... hit up Kono Minikumo Utsukushii Sekai (I'm sure that's spelled wrong) otherwise known as This Ugly and Beautiful World for even more casual TV time Breasts.

Oh yeah, you can give Midori Day's (Midori no Hibi) a try. Al of those have plenty of casual nudity you're missing out on and have been released within the past two years.

I don't believe this was out in the last two years but Mahoromatic (Both seasons, and hell I think even the special) also throws around plenty of breasts of all sizes as well.

And I sound like a huge pervert for listing all that. ugh.
    Last edited by Raven Omega; May 03, 2005 at 01:11 PM.

Newbie LordGdawg may be famous one day LordGdawg may be famous one day LordGdawg's Avatar
    Thanks
    Yes please.Oh I thought it was request.Sorry.

I think that the amount of nudity is the same but with more and more anime being licenced and imported more mainstream animes are comming over whereas in the old days only the ones that were really outstanding came over and being the fans were more or less older the more mature subject matterscame over in heaver concentrations.
    Nowadays inorder to make the business more sustainable more kid friendly anime are being brought over in greater bunches.IMHO

What is this "outside" of which you speak?

Anti syndicate spike spiegel may be famous one day spike spiegel may be famous one day spike spiegel's Avatar
    Thanks
    hey what about NGE the kid coms in his hand

"I let all that kind of blood away" Thanks Viper

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast