Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Nudity in anime?

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

There actually was a change in the broadcast censorship laws in Japan a few years ago, so some series that could have been shown under the old rules (Devdasy) were banned by the revised rules. This has led to many anime series (Onegai Teacher, Excel Saga) to have their last episode sold as a OVA to avoid broadcast laws. Other anime series get stuck in the post-midnight time slots, or are shown on satelite/Cable networks to avoid the day time standards...

There has also been some child killing incidents that have resulted in a crack down by several parent and public groups. As a example of this trend, one of the produces of gave out a public apology for a 'implied' off camera sex scene in the series Gundam Seed...

Gundam Seed news report on Anime News Network...
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/article.php?id=3312
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Untouchable Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spike spiegel
    hey what about NGE the kid coms in his hand
    That's a boy, not nudity.

Asuka had a 1 second flash beforehand but this is hardly any type of nudity that the subject is asking about.
    Last edited by Raven Omega; May 03, 2005 at 04:52 PM.

Newbie Darlos may be famous one day Darlos may be famous one day Darlos's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

There actually was a change in the broadcast censorship laws in Japan a few years ago, so some series that could have been shown under the old rules (Devdasy) were banned by the revised rules. This has led to many anime series (Onegai Teacher, Excel Saga) to have their last episode sold as a OVA to avoid broadcast laws. Other anime series get stuck in the post-midnight time slots, or are shown on satelite/Cable networks to avoid the day time standards...

There has also been some child killing incidents that have resulted in a crack down by several parent and public groups. As a example of this trend, one of the produces of gave out a public apology for a 'implied' off camera sex scene in the series Gundam Seed...

Gundam Seed news report on Anime News Network...
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/article.php?id=3312
    Oh for the love of...

If people can't handle seeing some guy in his boxers after getting out of bed with a female, then... well, they need to grow up. I was never really under the impression that Gudam SEED was intended to be a show for "kids" or whatnot. Also... since when was Kira a "Captain"? Maybe they were upset about some sort of thing about people stepping outside of their herarchial boundaries. I could imaging Japanese people being concerned with something of that nature... I think.

It's odd, though. Why don't they just make the characters older? And I don't even make them LOOK older. Heck, when I first saw Gundam SEED, I was pegging people in their late teens, like 17+. To be honest, I was a bit weirded out when I found out that this girl who was throwing around her body to manipulate someone was just a tender 15. What's up with that? Not to mention those other 16-year-olds who seemed to be in freaking college at the beginning of the show. I think a better choice of age definitions would have cut some flak.

Now... what's this about child killing? Is that something like what happened at Columbine? Maybe this is due for a different topic, but it seems I've heard something about kids dying in Japan for... weird reasons. Some light on the issue would be nice.
    Last edited by Darlos; May 03, 2005 at 05:14 PM.
    Hurting feelings everywhere!

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Darlos
    Oh for the love of...
    It's odd, though. Why don't they just make the characters older? And I don't even make them LOOK older. Heck, when I first saw Gundam SEED, I was pegging people in their late teens, like 17+. To be honest, I was a bit weirded out when I found out that this girl who was throwing around her body to manipulate someone was just a tender 15. What's up with that? Not to mention those other 16-year-olds who seemed to be in freaking college at the beginning of the show. I think a better choice of age definitions would have cut some flak.

Now... what's this about child killing? Is that something like what happened at Columbine? Maybe this is due for a different topic, but it seems I've heard something about kids dying in Japan for... weird reasons. Some light on the issue would be nice.
    Something to keep in mind, that in Japan, the govement funds student education only through middle-school. Any schools highschool and above are Private Institutions, and it's not uncommon for a teenager to leave home months at a time to attend a well placed highschool.

And for demographics, the Otaku market is too small (and more into MOE) to make okane (money) selling Gundam model kits...

The past few years, there has been a growing problem with child on child violence, as well as child kidnappings and abuse problems. (and no, these are not Columbine related, Gun ownership is already banned in Japan). An example of one of the more recent event...

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/article.php?id=5991

And for the MOE marketplace in Japan...
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/article.php?id=6548
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Messenger of Despair Hive Hero Champion dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman's Avatar
    Thanks
    there is a lot. i have a japanese magazine...and lets just say i cant show it to my parents. it shows a lot more than i need. there is a lot in anime.
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7987&dateline=1181515  689
    I won't let this world exist without me! If I die, we all die! / Avatar & Signature by anime_8000.

Otaku dark_glaive may be famous one day dark_glaive may be famous one day
    Thanks
    AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

That is my reaction to the Gundam SEED stuff. Come on, geez. The funny thing is is that the OAV movie in SEED confirms they were indeed having sex. Well, I guess they could have gotten nude and just hugged each other, but um, otherwise, yeah.

Damnit, I can't believe he had to apologize. The first time I realized SEED was awesome is when it handeled this very adult sort of issue, then silly people got mad or something. I don't want to see sex in anime because I want to see sex, I want to see sex in anime because normal people have sex and the characters are acting unreastically if they don't.
    Dont make your sig that big again or I'll de-brain you---administration

Otaku millionbubbles may be famous one day millionbubbles may be famous one day millionbubbles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Well in terms of casual nudity it seems about the same. I haven't seen many new anime series, but some anime that have scenes involving hot baths usually show the females just walking around nude or you see some breasts. It seems like a common cultural thing there so I don' t think its that big of a deal.

I guess when it comes to sexual stuff I reallly have no clue. It seems there are a lot more shows with fan service and ecchi scenes nowadays but I'm not sure thats full blown nudity or just a flash of panty or cleavage (since I tad to avoid these shows like the plague).

It also seems hentai's becoming a lot more popular now (way more releases then ever before) but of course you expect nudity/sex in those animes.

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks
    How do you associate an implyed off scene sex scene with someone killing themselfs. I guess their sex life sucked? XD

Nudity in anime seems about the same for me. Man I hope it stays that way!!
    Last edited by Miroku4444; May 03, 2005 at 07:28 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast