Thread: Numbers?

Otaku Vaines may be famous one day Vaines may be famous one day Vaines's Avatar
    Thanks

Numbers?

Greetings,

I am starting a big project about imagination, and one part will be Anime & Manga. At AniDB (Anime Database), the statistics say they have 3007 animes in list, I wondered, do you think this is a correct number (about it I mean)? Or does this database lack animes?

Also I suppose there are more mangas than Anime, am I right in thinking this? How many do you think are there?

Any links or info would be appreciated, I hope we'll find out how many anime and mangas there are in the world

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks
    Not an easy question Belgian dude...
    The anime news network have quite an extensive list but I don't know how many exactly.

Thanks
    I know it isn't an easy question, that's why I need help

I'll check the Anime News Network.

TCR Owner and Operator Ninrev Sirgem may be famous one day Ninrev Sirgem may be famous one day Ninrev Sirgem's Avatar
    The land of the Gooch(Goochland), in Virginina. USA
    Thanks
    Ok, I was watching anime on demand and they started giving out lots o numbers og how much crud they had. They said they had 5,000 animes(they own).
    Trars.com/forums <---The newest hot rpg place

of the AMC Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell's Avatar
    Thanks
    anime has been around since around the 20s
    (look here)
    if you include movies and OVAs as well as series, then the number is much, much bigger
    and the fact that studios are spitting out (around 45) new anime series every month or so
    .......it's a big number

[-_-]
    I love my girlfriend.

Thanks
    Thanks for the info, I guess I'll just have to pay attention to how much space each anime page takes (so as to be prepared for a big amount of animes...), and then start constructing an encyclopedia with some features.

Thanks for the link it looks pretty interesting

Now I am off trying to find info on what you Americans say exist in your country : anime censorhip on TV at some points.

TCR Owner and Operator Ninrev Sirgem may be famous one day Ninrev Sirgem may be famous one day Ninrev Sirgem's Avatar
    The land of the Gooch(Goochland), in Virginina. USA
    Thanks
    Im justing saying what they said...I meant what on demand, or us manga corps, owns....Not all of them...
    Trars.com/forums <---The newest hot rpg place