Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: obesity

ruler of mune667 deaths_raver667 may be famous one day deaths_raver667 may be famous one day deaths_raver667's Avatar
    Thanks

obesity

some one suggested this in another thread, so here it is. the truth is the world is getting fatter and it's not a good thing, now recent recearch shows that having a little excess fat might be good for you, so in america they have raised the bar for obesity, this is not what the report said. disscusion point one, at what point is it bad.

i recently watched a nice movie called "super size me" it was fairly thought prevoking. disscusion point two, what action needs to be taken against this epidemic.
    i am the urban monky
    look to the mune

Banned Kikinaki may be famous one day Kikinaki may be famous one day Kikinaki's Avatar
    Thanks
    Well some say McDonalds and other fastfood distributioners are the one to blame, so i suggest that the government or any other institution with a great lobbying power should put some restrictions on fastfood. For instance lowering the amount of unhealthy fat and make fastfood a whole lot expensiver than it is.

The current low price of fastfood attracts more people than ever to buy and eat them and that may be the source of all this unhealthiness. This will cause of course much commotion if such restrictions takes place, but it may be the only solution to the problem, otherwise a whole lots of things will change in the near future.
    Last edited by Kikinaki; May 04, 2005 at 07:36 PM.

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    I think it's a fairly stupid statement when you say, " the WORLD is getting fatter." Uh, hello? America is not the only people on this planet, what about 3rd world countries? I don't think Too many places in Asia are worried about being too fat, they're worried about feeding who they have. I don't think obesity is a problem. Being fat, that's not fastfood's or the government's fault, it's your fault. Obesity isn't an epidmic, lazyness is! It's your fault you're fat, so do something about it, diet, exercise, get a job so you can buy real food not fastfood, or a combination of all three, but when you I hear shit like, "ooh! oh no! We're too fat! It can't be my fault!" Why don't you quit looking for a scapegoat, you have yourself to blame.

End rant.

Otaku millionbubbles may be famous one day millionbubbles may be famous one day millionbubbles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Well I'd say its more like North America is getting more fat, not the entire world. Isn't about half the population of America overweight? I'm sure Canada's statistics ain't too great either.

Anyways, like someone else said, the problem is people are lazy and fast food is a cheap and quick way to get a meal. It takes a lot more effort to actually go out grocery shopping and picking out healthy foods, cooking yourself a good meal and doing an exercise routine then it is to just pop into Burger King or McDonald's and get a combo.

So unless people are going to change their mindset and actually make an effort to change, then people will just keep getting overweight. North America (and probably most of Europe) have so much food available to them and its our own conscience efforts that will make us determine weither or not we'll be fat.

I've been changing my eating and doing DDR everyday for 40 minutes for about three weeks now. I've been noticing changes (I wasen't fat before, but I wasen't thin either). I feel better about myself, less tired and I'm slimming down. I mean if I can do this (and I'm damn lazy) anyone can. People just need to decide when the time has come to want to make a change. And if they don't, well then being fat really doesn't bother them and if they are fine with it then its all good.

But what I cannot STAND are people who ****ing sue fast food places for making them fat. Take some goddamn responsiblity you fat slob.

ruler of mune667 deaths_raver667 may be famous one day deaths_raver667 may be famous one day deaths_raver667's Avatar
    Thanks
    i agree with whoever siad you shouldn't sue fast food companies, but something has to be changed, as for people saying it's our falt it is, but fast food also has addiction properties due to their adatives, and i don't doubt that when your a child it's pretty hard to give up an addiction and the longer you don't give up the harder it gets, this point was covered in "super size me".

as for the fact that america's getting fat, the world is too, including third world countrie, now that they're mager cities are getting big the countries are slowsly getting bigger, so the worl is infact getting fatter, it's not just america and europe they're just doing it fastest, and fatest. and as for obesity being an epidemic, i heard that it was aofficial in america, but not over the world. plus another point that should be mentioned is the effect unhealthy eating has on behaviour, it was found that when kids with behavioural problems were given a healthy diet, they actually got nicer and better grades.
    i am the urban monky
    look to the mune

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    Market dynamics are already changing the fast food industry. They're in the business to make money and as more and more polls show "Americans" eating healthier the chains offer more and more healthy options. If people stopped buying they would stop selling, it's as simple as that.

Really, have you been to a Subway's lately? Calorie count's, fat grams, you can't claim to not know what you are eating there. It's just a matter of time before others follow suit.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks
    I don't think that the worlds getting fatter.... maybe just people that live in areas with large fast food joints. Gotta remember that humans are naturally lazy... if they don't have to cook then they won't.
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

Otaku Siren may be famous one day Siren may be famous one day Siren's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jaderabbit
    I don't think that the worlds getting fatter.... maybe just people that live in areas with large fast food joints. Gotta remember that humans are naturally lazy... if they don't have to cook then they won't.
    Naturally lazy? I don't think so... Humans used to primarily hunt and gather, and then till their own food in fields... If anything, humans are naturally active. They have become lazy because of convenience. Microwavable meals, cars & other transportation systems, fast food... And who needs to take a walk down to the pubs to find out the local news anymore? We have TV, the internet... No, humans have become lazy.
    "I go online sometimes, but everyone's spelling is really bad... It's depressing." ~Tara from BtVS

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast